Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Time to upgrade suspension

Old 05-29-2013, 10:53 AM
stuartc323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to upgrade suspension

hello everybody,

Have been thru a couple track events, HPDEs, and autocross events and I have a good grasp of the car at its stock limits. From my driving, i can see the car has a lot of body roll, and i want to eliminate this. I have researched a new setup, my budget is around 1000 to 1300, and i just want opinions and other ideas. This car will be used as a DD and track car, eventually just a track car, IDGAF about ride quality (all the roads in vegas are pretty much new)

Here is my new setup

Koni Yellows
Front Stock Nismo Spring
Rear Stock OEM Revised Spring
Hotchkis Sway Bars

DD: Stock rims with stock tires/ tires will be Hankook V12s (already have them on car)

Track: Enkei RPF1s 18" w/245/40/18, 275/40/18 Hankook RS3s (still looking for my track tire, just settled on these because I have had them before)

OR

Stance Gr+ coilovers w/ Eibach ERS/ESS springs 500/400
Eibach Pro street coilovers w/ Eibach ERS/ESS springs 500/400
BC racing BR Coilovers

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Zmandriving

Originally Posted by stuartc323
hello everybody,

Have been thru a couple track events, HPDEs, and autocross events and I have a good grasp of the car at its stock limits. From my driving, i can see the car has a lot of body roll, and i want to eliminate this. I have researched a new setup, my budget is around 1000 to 1300, and i just want opinions and other ideas. This car will be used as a DD and track car, eventually just a track car, IDGAF about ride quality (all the roads in vegas are pretty much new)

Here is my new setup

Koni Yellows
Front Stock Nismo Spring
Hotchkis Sway Bars

DD: Stock rims with stock tires/ tires will be Hankook V12s (already have them on car)

Track: Enkei RPF1s 18" w/245/40/18, 275/40/18 Hankook RS3s (still looking for my track tire, just settled on these because I have had them before)

OR

Stance Gr+ coilovers w/ Eibach ERS/ESS springs 500/400
Eibach Pro street coilovers w/ Eibach ERS/ESS springs 500/400
BC racing BR Coilovers

Let me know what you guys think.
Honestly I would go with the KW variant 3 coilovers. Better include endlinks if you upgrade your sway bars you will blow right through those oem endlinks with some aggressive driving during track event. I suggest you get the powergrid endlinks. You are going to want to upgrade your traction arm, front camber, and rear toe arms too.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by Zmandriving
Honestly I would go with the KW variant 3 coilovers. Better include endlinks if you upgrade your sway bars you will blow right through those oem endlinks with some aggressive driving during track event. I suggest you get the powergrid endlinks. You are going to want to upgrade your traction arm, front camber, and rear toe arms too.

Thanks bro I was just listing my baseline mods, and not the supporting i was looking at the SPL front and rear camber arms, SPL bushing complete set, SPL sway bar endlinks, and SPL Rear toe arms or just getting the Kinetix Arm set and just buying the endlinks.

The KW variant 3 coils do look nice, but for right now i was just looking to keep the car somewhat stock as i still want to learn the car, I'm about to hit 100,000 miles, so i want to replace the shocks and i figured why not upgrade.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Zmandriving

Thanks bro I was just listing my baseline mods, and not the supporting i was looking at the SPL front and rear camber arms, SPL bushing complete set, SPL sway bar endlinks, and SPL Rear toe arms or just getting the Kinetix Arm set and just buying the endlinks.

The KW variant 3 coils do look nice, but for right now i was just looking to keep the car somewhat stock as i still want to learn the car, I'm about to hit 100,000 miles, so i want to replace the shocks and i figured why not upgrade.
Don't cheap out on coilovers.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:31 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by Zmandriving
Don't cheap out on coilovers.

yeah that is the general consensus on the forum (im still searching)

I think i will just go with my original plan and save up for some coilovers later, possibly the KW variants or Bilsteins or Tien Flex with the EDFC controller, and add all the GT Spec braces

Hopefullly more people chime in with their setups and ideas

Last edited by stuartc323; 05-29-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:40 PM
04.350z

Stance all the way mine have worked great for nearly 5 yeara
Old 05-29-2013, 04:02 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

hello everybody,

Here is my new setup

Koni Yellows
Front Stock Nismo Spring
Hotchkis Sway Bars

This will be a pretty good setup. Then the track wheels you will want a 9.5 and 10.5 RPF combo in +15. Then the tires sizes you mention are not really available. The norm is 285/35 rear and 265/35 front when running RS3.

How come i have yet to run into you at the track? Where and when are you running your car?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:30 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by terrasmak
This will be a pretty good setup. Then the track wheels you will want a 9.5 and 10.5 RPF combo in +15. Then the tires sizes you mention are not really available. The norm is 285/35 rear and 265/35 front when running RS3.

How come i have yet to run into you at the track? Where and when are you running your car?

Thats what i was thinking too, and i have been going back home to cali for my events up north in the bay, in la, and in san diego, i know those tracks so thats why. I have yet to race in vegas, but i have been to the autocross at the silverton with a friend to check out the track and i think ima do that one next, I really want to do the redline time attack, but i want to get the car ready first.

Last edited by stuartc323; 05-29-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:10 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Thats what i was thinking too, and i have been going back home to cali for my events up north in the bay, in la, and in san diego, i know those tracks so thats why. I have yet to race in vegas, but i have been to the autocross at the silverton with a friend to check out the track and i think ima do that one next, I really want to do the redline time attack, but i want to get the car ready first.
I'm typically running Spring Mountain Ranch, Willow Springs or Autoclub. Last weekend I actually ran LVMS, we only get 1 to 2 events a year at that track. Next Redline event is in a couple weeks at Willow Springs.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:30 PM
stuartc323

I'm typically running Spring Mountain Ranch, Willow Springs or Autoclub. Last weekend I actually ran LVMS, we only get 1 to 2 events a year at that track. Next Redline event is in a couple weeks at Willow Springs.

I'm probably not going to run anything till july or august after I replace my shocks and dial everything in and get the rest of my setup oem shocks are done

Last edited by stuartc323; 05-29-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Sick an Twsd

I've been running hotchkis now for ~5k miles and my OEM endlinks are still up and running, however i dont track my car regurally, but hands down the best mod i've done on my car so far!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:22 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by Sick an Twsd
I've been running hotchkis now for ~5k miles and my OEM endlinks are still up and running, however i dont track my car regurally, but hands down the best mod i've done on my car so far!

I keep hearing this, and i think after i replace the shocks that will be the first thing on my list. how does the car feel?
Old 05-30-2013, 02:23 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by 04.350z
Stance all the way mine have worked great for nearly 5 yeara
Which stance model do you have?
Old 05-30-2013, 03:24 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Which stance model do you have?
Don't bother with that garbage. We just sent out Pro_350z's stance crap to Feal Suspension in Cali for a rebuild. 3 out of 4 were completely trashed
Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 PM
freddys 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out fortune auto. customizable valving, springs rates, bearings and 2 way options.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Sick an Twsd

I keep hearing this, and i think after i replace the shocks that will be the first thing on my list. how does the car feel?
It's alot more fun to drive, i noticed that the car stays planted going through the canyons, i had a small front end clunk noise for a few weeks but i regreased the bushing and sprayed some PB blaster on the endlink bolts and it stopped. this and the motordyne ART have to be hands down my favorite mod to my car!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 PM
stuartc323

Don't bother with that garbage. We just sent out Pro_350z's stance crap to Feal Suspension in Cali for a rebuild. 3 out of 4 were completely trashed
Thats not good, i dont want to be rebuilding coilovers after every race

Originally Posted by freddys 350z
check out fortune auto. customizable valving, springs rates, bearings and 2 way options.
Ok i will look it up, do you have them on your car?

Originally Posted by Sick an Twsd
It's alot more fun to drive, i noticed that the car stays planted going through the canyons, i had a small front end clunk noise for a few weeks but i regreased the bushing and sprayed some PB blaster on the endlink bolts and it stopped. this and the motordyne ART have to be hands down my favorite mod to my car!

I am def getting the motordyne art pipes, but thats good to know about the endlinks, i am probably going to replace them with either whiteline or SPL endlinks
Old 05-31-2013, 08:48 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

SPL end links are a lot better. I had whiteline and had one break, they are flimsy compared to SPL
Old 06-01-2013, 07:10 PM
SE5spd

OP: what tracks in NorCal you run?
Old 06-03-2013, 02:50 PM
stuartc323

SPL end links are a lot better. I had whiteline and had one break, they are flimsy compared to SPL
Thats all i was going to run was SPL, never really liked whiteline

Originally Posted by SE5spd
OP: what tracks in NorCal you run?
The only ones i have been to were laguna seca, altamont and infineon. they were all really nice roadcourses, my favorite being Laguna Seca, I just love that course.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time to upgrade suspension