Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

To those in search of Tint in South Florida

Old 11-03-2002, 12:43 PM
lauderdale75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To those in search of Tint in South Florida

I finally had my Black track model Z tinted this weekend. The cost/benefit of this simple mod is amazing. Anyhow, the installer used "Ultimate" "LLUMAR" tint which is life-time guaranteed and allegedly scratchproof.

I opted for 18 percent black/smoke tint on the side & back windows. The installer used one piece (i.e., no seams) of film. In order to get around the auto-window down feather, they used the paper-towel roll technique along with some duct-tape over the button which triggers the window. The, then manually dried the one-inch section to ensure that the piece would not lift after the car was done.

Anyhow, I promised the installer that I would post her (yes, her) information on the site for those who need tint. She said she would charge appx $150 for the install. Her name is Samantha and she is available at 954-791-8554. Please let her know Chirag "with the 350Z" sent you.

Thanks
Chirag

(ps, I'll post pictures as soon as I can secure one that captures the professional job she has done.)

Thanks
CBK
Old 11-03-2002, 12:47 PM
lauderdale75

Default Pictures - as promised

Angle 1 -
Attached Thumbnails To those in search of Tint in South Florida-tint1.jpg  
Old 11-03-2002, 12:48 PM
lauderdale75

Default 2

Angle 2
Attached Thumbnails To those in search of Tint in South Florida-tint2.jpg  
Old 11-03-2002, 12:52 PM
lauderdale75

I failed to mention that I also had the front window tinted with a slightly lighter colored film. (Appx 35%). Again, the installer did a very professional job, and was able to use one piece of film for the whole window. This piece is slightly thicker than other films and is specially made for front windshields. Although Im not absolutely sure about the legality of tinting one's front window, the difference is very slight, and should go unnoticed by the authorities. Please note that the price quoted above (appx $150 reflects the total cost of install, including the front window).

Also, I am in no way affiliated with the installer, and I hold myself harmless for any incidental damage, claims or otherwise from any negligence on the part of the installer. That being said, I dont think anyone will be disappointed with Samantha's work.

CBK
Old 11-03-2002, 02:22 PM
TriX

The legality of front window tinting = illegal. But I wouldn't worry about it untill police stops you.

But I will be checking out the dealer in plantation (did they have any base in black??) maybe I will put some tint on the side and rear.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:31 PM
lauderdale75

Originally posted by TriX
The legality of front window tinting = illegal. But I wouldn't worry about it untill police stops you.

But I will be checking out the dealer in plantation (did they have any base in black??) maybe I will put some tint on the side and rear.
Youre indeed correct, unfortunately, it is illegal to put tint on the front, despite any non-look motivated reasons (e.g., minimise heat & fading).

Further to the latter part of your message, I hope I didnt mislead you in my previous posts - I didnt have a dealer tint the car, rather it was an aftermarket shop that does tint. I cant comment on whether any local dealers have any Zs in stock, however my understanding is that Maroone Nissan in Pembroke Pines may have a used (yes, used) Touring model in black for sale. I suggest you contact Pedro (manager) or Vince (salesperson) at that dealer if you're interested. You can tell him Chirag sent you. I, for one, purchased my Z, which was a cancelled pre-order, in North Carolina.

Hope the above helps. Good luck with the search.

Regards,
Chirag
Old 11-03-2002, 06:28 PM
BRICKS Z

Default hey chirag

how are you ... did your friend ever get a z
give me a call one of these days well hook up
craig
Attached Thumbnails To those in search of Tint in South Florida-goldypic2.jpg  
Old 11-04-2002, 08:46 AM
lauderdale75

Default Re: hey chirag

Originally posted by crbrickman
how are you ... did your friend ever get a z
give me a call one of these days well hook up
craig
Craig - thanks for the message; incidentally, my friend did find a LeMans Z in Mississippi; thanks for the help though.

Also, Im sorry I couldnt make it to the Z drive this weekend - it looked like a lot of fun.

CBK
Old 11-04-2002, 09:14 AM
CoachZ

Aw, man...I have total Zness evny, that black looks fantastic with the tint. Maybe I'll get black when the convertible comes out.

Josh