Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I feel SICK -- My Z order got bounced???

Old 01-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I feel SICK -- My Z order got bounced???

OK Here's the deal....

I origionally ordered my car on December 14th and was told 75-90 days.. So basically my order will go in early Jan... So here it is, nealy 3 weeks into Jan.. I decided to call my dealership and ask for my order number a few days ago.. He said I have to talk to "Steve" but he's not in today or tomorrow.. So I called back today and spoke to the evasive "Steve".. Now he tells me my Jan order got "BOUNCED" and gave no other explaination becides him mumbling something about a reduction in production... So he said since it bounced he has been working with another "division" to divert a Z from another "region" so I can get it in the time alloted time... So now he tells me to call back at 7PM (about 7 Hrs from now) and he willl have an update...

So what do I do now if this division diversion does not follow thru? Do I now wait an extra 2 months? Or can I just cancel my order and go to a dealership and buy one from stock? Anybody have a similar experience? Does this sound like bull?

I feel sick right now... I wanted my car so bad on time and so bad I wanted the one I ordered.. WTH am I to do?
Old 01-17-2003, 08:34 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My opinion

Since you asked.... here is one opinion.

The first thing I would do is give him the time (as agreed to) to make it right. He may suprise you and get it in on time.

Then, if he misses the date, you can probably walk away and get the deposit back. That would mean they failed to meet the contract.

In the mean time, you could start poking around to see if any dealers have what you want in stock.

AndyB
Old 01-17-2003, 08:35 AM
abz123

Look on Nissan website and see if you can find on to your liking in your area.

Unless you have your mind set on one order to your specs, I would definately talk to them about getting your deposit back and going to another dealer to get one off the lot. They should do it since they didn't deliver on their promise of ordering you one directly from the factory as you had requested. Don't leave your deposit because they have done nothing so far. A lot of people have been getting better than MSRP deals at this moment off the lot.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:56 AM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I feel SICK -- My Z order got bounced???

Originally posted by Daytona Blue Z in Bo
OK Here's the deal....

I origionally ordered my car on December 14th and was told 75-90 days.. So basically my order will go in early Jan... So here it is, nealy 3 weeks into Jan.. I decided to call my dealership and ask for my order number a few days ago.. He said I have to talk to "Steve" but he's not in today or tomorrow.. So I called back today and spoke to the evasive "Steve".. Now he tells me my Jan order got "BOUNCED" and gave no other explaination becides him mumbling something about a reduction in production... So he said since it bounced he has been working with another "division" to divert a Z from another "region" so I can get it in the time alloted time... So now he tells me to call back at 7PM (about 7 Hrs from now) and he willl have an update...

So what do I do now if this division diversion does not follow thru? Do I now wait an extra 2 months? Or can I just cancel my order and go to a dealership and buy one from stock? Anybody have a similar experience? Does this sound like bull?

I feel sick right now... I wanted my car so bad on time and so bad I wanted the one I ordered.. WTH am I to do?
Why would somebody want to ORDER the car on December 14? All Chicago dealerships full of Zs. My friend was able to find exact trim, color and options he wants under msrp in on day over the phone. I'm pretty sure situation the same everywhere. Cansel your preorder since they didn't keep they part of the deal, and go get your car.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Default Re: Re: I feel SICK -- My Z order got bounced???

Originally posted by Vlad
Why would somebody want to ORDER the car on December 14? All Chicago dealerships full of Zs. My friend was able to find exact trim, color and options he wants under msrp in on day over the phone. I'm pretty sure situation the same everywhere. Cansel your preorder since they didn't keep they part of the deal, and go get your car.
I'll tell you why.. Winter in Boston is snowy.. And 3 months takes me to March..I was planning on buying a car in March... SO ordering allows me the following..

1. Skip 90% of the winter
2. Get the exact car I want untouched
3. Have 3+ months of extra savings time for my down payment
4. Not 1 dealership had the color and options I wanted within a 50 mile radius.. A Daytona Blue Enthu with all options becides Head curtians.. Not planning to settle although I would take a Perf model with the same color/options
Old 01-17-2003, 09:26 AM
Vlad

Well, if you don't mind waiting, then I'd just change a dealer. Never do business with people who aren't good enough to have your business.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Ya.. I am going to call that guy tonight supposedly to get an update.. but I know whats gonna happen.. He's either gonna say he could not get into touch with the division or the division was still unsure and to call back next week.. I am hoping for a simple yes they can get it on time or no they can't... If they can I will wait, if not I will tell them I want my deposit back provided I can find a match in a dealer's stock with should not be too too hard.. I am definatly set on The daytona Blue and aero kit...
Old 01-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Intrepid

There are plenty of Z's on dealer lots ready to be sold. Start your search at:
http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/Configurator#top

Then call the dealers and find one to your liking. You could be in a Z in few days.....
Old 01-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Vlad

Ya.. I am going to call that guy tonight supposedly to get an update.. but I know whats gonna happen.. He's either gonna say he could not get into touch with the division or the division was still unsure and to call back next week.. I am hoping for a simple yes they can get it on time or no they can't... If they can I will wait, if not I will tell them I want my deposit back provided I can find a match in a dealer's stock with should not be too too hard.. I am definatly set on The daytona Blue and aero kit...
Dump him!
Old 01-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

WOW... I just did a search of over 35 dealerships in a 75 mile radius and there were 2 daytona blues that were either enthu or perf.. and the enthu was an AUTO and the Perf has no aero package... I really don't wanna have to settle for something... I really hope for one in my life for something to go thru for me, all I want is my car sometime in March one way or another...
Old 01-17-2003, 11:03 AM
Stone Z

Exclamation

I really don't wanna have to settle for something... I really hope for one in my life for something to go thru for me, all I want is my car sometime in March one way or another...
Dude, whatever you do, don't settle for something. You're spending $30k+ on a car....get EXACTLY what you want. You've definitely got the time to do this.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Ya, there's no way I can do without Daytona blue enthu or perf with alum kick plates, splash guards and aero package with of course MT.. I can live without the mats cuz you can get em at the dealership or onine anyway..
Old 01-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: I feel SICK -- My Z order got bounced???

that happened to me too!

sucks. thats why i ordered my Z at three different places.

just which ever one comes first.

call NNA. complain about the dealership.

but that's all you really can do, except egg the salesman ..
Old 01-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

How can i contact NNA and exactly was does NNA stand for.. I would imagine Nissan something of America?
Old 01-17-2003, 01:30 PM
kyle jones

Please don't flame me for saying this.......but I don't see why you should have been surprised!?!

Dealers put in their "Z" orders in the beginning of each month only (i.e. inside the first week typically). Ordering on the 14th of December you should have realized that the order was not going to be placed any earlier than January.

Given that you order seems to have been placed in January and that they have given you an ETA of March 1st, only two months from production to delivery, you actually got a very good deal. A great many people have ordered many, many months ago, yet are still waiting for their dealerships to place the orders (this is because each dealer can place a limited number of orders each month for the Z). Furthermore, still more people have had to wait considerably longer than 2-3 months!! (e.g. My order went in back in September, yet I'm still waiting, and I'm told my car may not even be in by March. Others have waited longer still).

If you truely think that you've gotten the bad end of the deal, then cancel the order and go shopping for one already on a lot. As long as you're not looking for a base model (like me), you should find any number of dealers in reasonable driving distance that have close to, or exactly what you are looking for.

Sorry for the tone, but you're wait time isn't nearly so bad as you believe (at least not compared to many others on this forum).
Old 01-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Originally posted by kyle jones
Please don't flame me for saying this.......but I don't see why you should have been surprised!?!

Dealers put in their "Z" orders in the beginning of each month only (i.e. inside the first week typically). Ordering on the 14th of December you should have realized that the order was not going to be placed any earlier than January.

Given that you order seems to have been placed in January and that they have given you an ETA of March 1st, only two months from production to delivery, you actually got a very good deal. A great many people have ordered many, many months ago, yet are still waiting for their dealerships to place the orders (this is because each dealer can place a limited number of orders each month for the Z). Furthermore, still more people have had to wait considerably longer than 2-3 months!! (e.g. My order went in back in September, yet I'm still waiting, and I'm told my car may not even be in by March. Others have waited longer still).

If you truely think that you've gotten the bad end of the deal, then cancel the order and go shopping for one already on a lot. As long as you're not looking for a base model (like me), you should find any number of dealers in reasonable driving distance that have close to, or exactly what you are looking for.

Sorry for the tone, but you're wait time isn't nearly so bad as you believe (at least not compared to many others on this forum).
I put the down payment on Dec 14th, the order went in early Jan as normal.. I Mostly expected my car Mid March which would be 3 months... Bad or not the dealership is NOT coming thru with the promise, I specifically asked my salesguys I would only buy it if it would be delivered no later than march and he confidently said it would be no doubt.. Now my ETA if ordered in Feb would be late April-May with is up to nearly 5-6 months from a promised 75-90 days.. Thats bad to me..

And obviously you never read my other posts, you say ALL i have to do is search for the car I want.. well here a quote from a previous post..

"I just did a search of over 35 dealerships in a 75 mile radius and there were 2 daytona blues that were either enthu or perf.. and the enthu was an AUTO and the Perf has no aero package... "
Old 01-17-2003, 01:54 PM
kyle jones

My fault, you had March 1st ETA in your signature line, so I thought that was your ETA. April-May is much further out. STILL, many others have waited much longer and are still.

Also, I did read your other posts in this thread and the advice still stands. You could possibly expand your search radius beyond 75 miles. In addition, dealer inventory isn't static. Dealers appear to be getting ~2 shipments per month. So, just because nothing matches yet doesn't mean that it will be that way in another couple of weeks.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:02 PM
jfive

i ve heard from a couple of dealers that said their z orders were bumped out of the system. i know of a major dealership who only got 1 for dec most got none
Old 01-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Hmmm.. I wonder why this is happening... I am not very happy.. Now I call tonight to see about that diverted Z from another region tonight as I was told to by the dealer around 6 or 7 o'clock... So i called around 7 and no answer, must be closed. No big deal I will show my face in person tomorrow and figure this out..
Old 01-17-2003, 03:25 PM
jfive

they are reducing the production after the first year i was told

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I feel SICK -- My Z order got bounced???