Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:34 AM
iknowitsfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 'girlfriend' from college i hadnt seen in 3 yrs the other night says...'jules, im not even into cars, but dayum! That is so so hot'....then we went out that night and had an awesome time....

and

pulled up to a gas station a few nights ago and about 7 teenage kids standing around came over to talk about it....all good stuff, they wouldnt stop talking and asking me about it....it was cool but eventually i had to tell them i was running late and took off. I loved every minute of it.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^ what did they ask you?
Old 04-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Genji

There are several shifts of security guards in my offices parking lot. There are several hundred cars there, several nice Vets and a some Porsches and Benz sporties in the lot.

At the end of the day, I was unlocking my car when the security car pulls up next to me and the guy rolls down his window and says "We all took a vote, and decided you have the best looking car in the lot!"
Old 04-05-2006, 09:19 PM
DevineOrn

i got my Z back in '03 when there were barely any Zs on the road - it was great!! everywhere i went i got so many stares it was embarrassing.

i remember always ridding along school buses with little kids stickin' their heads out of the windows going 'WOW!!!!'...lol...even adults stared plenty

i work at a large hospital and everyone thought i was a doc - at least in the parking lot...

i could not go anywhere without compliments - many were "nice porche!" but i always corrected them and said it was a FairladyZ...still sounds exotic!
every time i parked in philly i would find palm prints on my windows (arrrrgh!!)

these days the Z has become relatively common - so the stares have turned into glances...but at least glances...

what do you get after a Z???? i cannot think of what to get next that's not over $35K...i will never be able to find anything more powerful and visually apealing...sad...at least for now
Old 04-06-2006, 06:56 AM
iknowitsfast

Originally Posted by Vick781
^ what did they ask you?
just question after question like 'Dude how much IS this car?'..or 'This is so sick!'...and 'I'd be pimpin with a whip like this!' lol that was my favorite. It was extrmemly flattering and they werent being ignorant or stupid, just young guys getting excited.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:10 AM
joseph109783

I was driving through a strip and these girls walk by staring. one yells out to me and says ( I would luv to suck your d!%k to ride in your car ) Then another one yells out from the other side. me too. I think thats when I knew I made a good decsion for buyin the car.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:21 AM
RuanuLaw

Originally Posted by joseph109783
I was driving through a strip and these girls walk by staring. one yells out to me and says ( I would luv to suck your d!%k to ride in your car ) Then another one yells out from the other side. me too. I think thats when I knew I made a good decsion for buyin the car.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:39 AM
rayzzee

in downtown Toronto and a group of maybe 30 grade 4 or 5 were waiting to cross the road when i stopped for the red...all the kids started yelling at me and how they loved the car. the teacher was yelling at them to pay attention
Old 04-06-2006, 09:55 AM
MeetJoeAsian

Originally Posted by rayzzee
in downtown Toronto and a group of maybe 30 grade 4 or 5 were waiting to cross the road when i stopped for the red...all the kids started yelling at me and how they loved the car. the teacher was yelling at them to pay attention
egh...I'm not into that young of a crowd anymore...I'm at least in the middle schooler group now....4th and 5th grade a little too young for me now...

but, OH...you're from Toronto? you're a Canadian..oh well, then, that's OK!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:07 AM
rayzzee

i see your from texas..from the news we here up here.., they sound too old for yall...and dey aint your cuzin....texas..home of queers and steers.....
Old 04-06-2006, 10:41 AM
maxipad96

I literally get compliments every time I pull into the gas station.

It's also really funny to see people taking pictures of your car driving down the road. I had my girlfriend in the car one day and she says hey (then nudges me) look at that guy, I think he's taking a picture of your car.

Just about everyone I meet for the first time tells me how much they like my car.

It's funny, but my car looks normal to me now. I guess not to others.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:42 AM
deviantZ

Originally Posted by joseph109783
Ok, so did they get a ride or what?
Old 04-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^ +1 ?
Old 04-06-2006, 10:59 AM
3kgt48

i see your from texas..from the news we here up here.., they sound too old for yall...and dey aint your cuzin....texas..home of queers and steers.....
Old 04-06-2006, 11:06 AM
tekk

standing ovation (from people i didnt know) a week after i got it
Old 04-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Zincognito

Latest one i got was about a week ago when RUZirious and i went to get our cars washed. When i got out of the car, the kid that was going to dry it is looking like "is this your car?!??" I look at him and say of course! Then he procedes to tell me about his Z wet dreams Kids

Best one: A family is walking out of the Lynnhaven Mall as im getting out of the Z and a 9yr old boy looks at his father while pointing and says "look Dad!". lol, So "Dad" looks over at me and says, "I want your car!!!" I acted like i was going to throw him the keys, he was speechless!! What a face HAHAHA

I LOVE IT!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 03:00 PM
PL510_Z33

Best compliment ever was from a two year old in a stroller!! He was obviously gonna grow up to be a little car dude, and bright eyed and pointing said, "Daddy, Porsche!!" His dad said happily, "It's ALMOST a Porsche..." Made my night.
j!
Old 04-07-2006, 09:52 AM
MeetJoeAsian

HAHAHAHA.... ..damn..that hit the spot, bro....gotta bowdown to that one...haha
Old 04-07-2006, 12:39 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PL510_Z33
Best compliment ever was from a two year old in a stroller!! He was obviously gonna grow up to be a little car dude, and bright eyed and pointing said, "Daddy, Porsche!!" His dad said happily, "It's ALMOST a Porsche..." Made my night.
j!

hahah that's an awesome story! I love the compliments from kids since you know they act on impulse and know exactly what looks good to them aesthetically.

I was at a friends' birthday party and someone's kid (approximately 4 years old) pulled me into the toy room. She handed me her pull-back 350z diecast and said,

"Here you go, you're a boy so you can play with this. It's the bestest car!"

"Oh why thank you, I have a bigger one in front of the house."

She gave me the look and said,

"But this one's better!!!"
Old 04-07-2006, 12:56 PM
JoneZZZ

Best compliment I got was a thumbs up from a Porsche driver early one Saturday morning......Frequently get individual compliments, but that one was the best.

Last edited by JoneZZZ; 09-07-2006 at 04:28 AM.

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?