Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:19 AM
black_03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best is when your walking through a parking lot towards your car and there are people around then you get closer to you car and hear them say nice things about the Z. My favorite I was at work I was parked in the corporate parking in the very front of the building because it was late and didn't feel like parking in the back after lunch, anyway as I am walking through work about an hr before I got off I hear a security guard walk by talking about that nice silver Porche thats parked out front but it had a black hood hmmm? So I went out front to look for this silver car with the black hood and wouldn't you know it was my Z...Then they were outside when I was leaving and they said "I like your Porche" didn't correct them just said thanks and rode off.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:27 PM
mavtais

My boss: "Geez, Mat, how many girlfriends do you have now?"

My reply: "Dude, I only have 1 now."

My boss: "See, that car makes them want to stick around."

To tell you the truth, it really was a lot easier picking up chicks when I had my honda. The Z says, "don't mess with me because I'm better than that, you hoochie."
Old 06-12-2006, 10:43 PM
whoopazz1

One of my girlfriends friends seen it for the first time, and said that it was " sex on wheels"...
Old 06-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Wendy
L A d y z 3 3

Get people honkin just to tell me...hey nice ride. makes me smile .
Old 06-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by Wendy
Get people honkin just to tell me...hey nice ride. makes me smile .
i second that
Old 06-13-2006, 05:14 AM
iceburns288

Someone at school saw me driving and said "I saw your car today, man. It looks like an orgasm coming down the road"

I also got a "Nice rims" from a guy in an old Cutlass convertible!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:31 AM
jeff91ta

I always get the non-verbal compliments. One of my favorites was when I went to the Nissan dealer and saw a guy pull up next to my car in a Maxima. He got out of his car and immediately cupped his hands to check out the interior of my car..... I got to check this out from inside the dealership.

I also got 2 compliments in the parking lot this past weekend.

1. I parked my car away from all other cars and as my gf and I got out there was a BMW that made a slow half circle around my car checking it out... my gf pointed this out.

2. Same parking lot but this time we were pulling out of it. A car with 4 teens rolled in front of us and I could read the lips of the guy in the back say "sweet *** 350z"
Old 06-13-2006, 10:26 AM
once_traveling

I live in Phoenix where the Z and the ZR are a daily sighting so its rare that I get much in the way of compliments.

I did enjoy the looks and compliments I received on a roadtrip that I took with my dad to Iowa. In every town that we drove though or stopped at someone made a comment to my dad. He just smiled and pointed to me saying that it is my sons car (awesome). It was almost enough to get me to move to rural Iowa. Too bad I have to be a city boy to afford my toys like the Z. The only downside was the 4k miles i put on my car
Old 06-13-2006, 10:48 AM
ZBigDog

I'll share a few.

1. Little girl in my parents neighborhood (7-10 years old) always screams NICE CAR make it go VROOOMMMM!!! at which point i usually light it up to 5k

2. The roughly two dozen people who have said my 03 looks brand new, partly thank nissan for not changing the body yet, but i keep her clean and only have 30k miles.

3. The one and only time i took it somewhere for an oil change to jiffy lube it took 4 guys (all under 21 in age I'd say) and 3 flashlights to check out the hood while 1 guy did all the work under the car. Think they really liked the AEM intake mostly.

4. Some guy that works in the same office building as me saw it and said "you must be doing really good, or selling something really good". I assured him I was no drug dealer and jokingly asked if he knew about "anything"
Old 06-13-2006, 10:57 AM
NeoRacer_106

wow z's are 10 a penny now, u guys must live in the rural farmlands for people to react like that
Old 06-13-2006, 11:26 AM
thirty5ounces

The First Day I Got My Car I Was Cruising Down "tuskwilla Rd" Orlando Florida, And I Pulled Next To This Jeep At A Red Light, A Middle Aged Guy And His Girl. He Said "how Much Dick Did You Suck To Get Thar Car" I Said, " I Dont Know Ask Your Girl Shes Paying For It"!!!!!

Girl Once Asked Me For A Ride At Publix, I Ive Gotten The Porsche One A Few Times, Mostly From Older Aged Women. But Its All Good
Old 06-13-2006, 12:01 PM
jclayton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guy at a 7-11 comes out of the store and says "That is one beuatiful car. What is it a new Porsche?" Told him it was a Nissan 350Z. His next comment was "I loved the 240Z and I had a 300Z. Boy they sure got it right again." He then went and climbed into a new Cadillac XLR and drove off.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:27 PM
20"makavelli

lol i had sex in the passenger seat of my car she was on top all the time!!
Old 06-13-2006, 01:42 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by NeoRacer_106
wow z's are 10 a penny now, u guys must live in the rural farmlands for people to react like that
The most Porsche's sold in the world are in California and I still get compliments at least 2 or 3 times a month. Despite all the middle aged white men who have AMGs and M5s on the Westside and now asian dudes with Lotus in the San Gabriel Valley, I still get compliments.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Mathys

I'm on the highway minding my own business, sticking to the speed limit. Suddenly I see this car coming up really fast on the left lane. As he comes closer he slows down and keeps driving my speed for like 20 seconds. It was a new A8 4.2 and in the end the driver just nodded with a big smile.
This also happens alot on the highway with your everyday sedans.

One week ago I stopped at the gas station to get some drinks. I parked my car pretty close to the shop. There was a 997 4S at one of the pumps. That didn't stop the shop owner inside to shout at the rest of the personnel to come and have a look at MY car. Not the porsche..... I'll never forget that one
Old 06-13-2006, 03:27 PM
VQLOVER

Best one I've got "you're not fat...you're just big boned"...made my day lmao..but for real i've got the "nice Porsche" a few times
Old 06-13-2006, 07:27 PM
crazygideon

Originally Posted by VQLOVER
Best one I've got "you're not fat...you're just big boned"...made my day lmao..but for real i've got the "nice Porsche" a few times
But at least if you're fat you can diet.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:36 PM
kourosH

Originally Posted by crazygideon
But at least if you're fat you can diet.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:12 AM
3zx

Was stuck behind this guy driving 25 in a 35 mph zone on a 2 lane street. When the first right hand turn lane appeared and guned it and passed him. Later he caught up to me at the light and says "You know, just because you have a really nice and fast sportscar doesnt mean you own the road" not the best compliment but got a good chuckle out of it =P
Old 06-14-2006, 07:12 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3zx
Was stuck behind this guy driving 25 in a 35 mph zone on a 2 lane street. When the first right hand turn lane appeared and guned it and passed him. Later he caught up to me at the light and says "You know, just because you have a really nice and fast sportscar doesnt mean you own the road" not the best compliment but got a good chuckle out of it =P
I think my response to him would have been "This car isn't fast at all. It only does 35 MPH. Since that's the speed on this road, I figured what the heck. Does yours only go 25, or are you just retarded?"

Ok, not really. Passing someone illegally in a right hand turn lane is sure to get you some very back-handed compliments though.

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?