Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Old 04-04-2006, 06:49 AM
MeetJoeAsian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was once at a club, saw two chicks dancing together, went up to them and danced with them....when I left at around 2:30AM, I saw them walking to their car in the parking lot, so I pulled up and just said hi...they were gasping "OMG, that's what you drive?"...in my head I was thinking "ummm...it's only 31 grand"...but haha, who am I to bust their bubbles...I unlocked my door, and they BOTH jumped into my passenger seat, one sitting ontop of the other...and dropped them back off at their car at 5:00 that morning...
I guess that was a compliment?
Old 04-04-2006, 06:53 AM
MeetJoeAsian

and then a few weeks ago, I went to a friend's wedding at this nice restaurant, and the valet parked my car right in front of the door where they usually park Ferraris and Lamborghini....man, I felt bad *** when I went out to retrieve my car at the end of the night and everyone was just staring at my shiny car, the only car parking on the display in front of the door....so I tipped the valet guy $20 and drove off
Old 04-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

haha these are all great!

more!!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Soccerprep205

A guy in an 04 Covertable M3 messed around with me on a few stoplights then hit the freeway with me a little bit later. we ended up taking the same exit and he folled me into the gas station. I pulled on him pretty hard from the freeway runs and even harder from a dig. he was like "haha i'll trade u cars"
at first i thought he was joking but apparently he wanted a 350Z and his dad got him an M3 for his 18th Bday. and since mine is turbod with alot of other things he thought the price was evened out. i concidered it, and declined... might be the worst choice ive ever made some say "yeah ur stupid for not trading..." but i dont know if i should have.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:04 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Two- a guy with his wife in a MB SUV complemented the car at a traffic light, asked a lot of questions, said he wanted one but his wife won't let him. I asked her why and she made the universal money sign.

Second, a woman in a car next to me shouted over, you make that car look good. Nice compliement from any way you take it.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:14 AM
MeetJoeAsian

Originally Posted by gringott
Two- a guy with his wife in a MB SUV complemented the car at a traffic light, asked a lot of questions, said he wanted one but his wife won't let him. I asked her why and she made the universal money sign.

Second, a woman in a car next to me shouted over, you make that car look good. Nice compliement from any way you take it.
what's the universal money sign? is that when you rub your thumb with your middle and index fingers?
Old 04-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
I was once at a club, saw two chicks dancing together, went up to them and danced with them....when I left at around 2:30AM, I saw them walking to their car in the parking lot, so I pulled up and just said hi...they were gasping "OMG, that's what you drive?"...in my head I was thinking "ummm...it's only 31 grand"...but haha, who am I to bust their bubbles...I unlocked my door, and they BOTH jumped into my passenger seat, one sitting ontop of the other...and dropped them back off at their car at 5:00 that morning...
I guess that was a compliment?

so what happened after they both got inside the car between 2:30 and 5:00....
Old 04-04-2006, 08:25 AM
tree phidday

I was driving down Ocean Drive down in South Beach and I let stopped to let this family cross the street. Their son was with his girlfriend and while he was walking by the kid broke neck looking at my car. That was a nice. Another time was when I was driving home from work and I just got off the turnpike. I hit a light and a guy who was probably in his late forty's or early fifty's honked his horn at me. I turned down my music 'n he asked me what year my car was. I told him it's an '05 'n he just smiled and proceeded to tell me how beautiful the car was. That was one of the best compliments I've gotten with the car. Just yesterday I was walking back to my car after getting some delicious Jamba Juice with my sister 'n this high school kid was blocking my door because he was saying bye to his girlfriend who was parked next to me, so I waited for a few seconds 'n he got out of my way. The kid goes "Nice car dude!" I told him thanks 'n went along my way. Then it's just usually girls looking over and smiling.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Ztalker

[QUOTE=davidv]

ain't that beautiful....
Old 04-04-2006, 08:29 AM
MeetJoeAsian

Originally Posted by Ztalker
so what happened after they both got inside the car between 2:30 and 5:00....
oh I drove off with them inside...hahahaha
one of them really liked me because she wanted to get with her friend, the other girl...so when we got together, she got to go both ways...well, a little bit, cuz her friend was straight and didn't really enjoy the other girl that much....
Old 04-04-2006, 08:39 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First compliment I ever got:
Trophy wife at a stop light tries to race me with her Porsche Boxter. When she caught up with me at the next light, she told me she loved my car.

Latest compliment:
I got a new co-worker and she saw I had a 350z model car on my desk. She told me that was a gorgeous car and that I shouldn't torture myself dreaming about it. Spring came a week after that and I put away the winter beater and parked the 350Z in front of her office window. When I walked in, she said, "Let's do lunch".
Old 04-04-2006, 08:55 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

There's been a bunch - more than I can remember.

First one was when I just bought the car and the dealer was installing the NISMO exhaust. All the mechanics and techs were gathered under my car while the head honcho installed it. You'd have thought they had never seen anything like it in their life. They certainly hadn't seen a NISMO exhaust since that was the first the dealer had ever ordered. It is a beautiful sight, I have to admit.

One of the latest "compliments" was when the MILF down the street got a PPW Z. Now she waves every time she passes me in the street or if she sees me outside.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:03 AM
deviantZ

I took a trip down to Miami a few weeks ago, while the Miami Boat Show was in town. I stopped at a light in front of all these multi-million dollars yachts, and watched as an older (late 50's) couple started to walk cross in front of me. By their dress and demeanor, I could tell they were looking to drop some serious loot on a yacht, As they get near my lane, the lady leans over and yells; "Hey, nice car!" , and thumbs up. She then continues walking with him in front of the car, she still gawking, then I here him say something like "Don't compliment that POS.", to which she replied "Oh shut the hell up, you were just about to buy a <enter some crappy, overpriced boat name here>".
Old 04-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deviantZ
I took a trip down to Miami a few weeks ago, while the Miami Boat Show was in town. I stopped at a light in front of all these multi-million dollars yachts, and watched as an older (late 50's) couple started to walk cross in front of me. By their dress and demeanor, I could tell they were looking to drop some serious loot on a yacht, As they get near my lane, the lady leans over and yells; "Hey, nice car!" , and thumbs up. She then continues walking with him in front of the car, she still gawking, then I here him say something like "Don't compliment that POS.", to which she replied "Oh shut the hell up, you were just about to buy a <enter some crappy, overpriced boat name here>".
<enter some crappy, overpriced boat name here>

THE SS MIDDLE JOHNSON!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Fletch69z

Every time I go through the drive through I get a compliment on my car, . I love it.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:22 AM
rock350z

Pulled up outside a supermarket, nobody around, came outside and an old volvo parked next to mine. old lady in the passenger seat, maybe 80-85, rolls down her window and says " i love your car. hope you enjoy it!" - told her i like her car as my daily driver is a volvo also. made my day.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:12 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I typically get complimented when I'm out and about with the car. I think the best compliment I've ever gotten is either being in a magazine (this months Nissan Performance Magazine, or being invited into a major vendor booth at the SEMA International Auto Salon (next weekend in Philly as a matter of fact). It's nice to get complimented by the general public, but it's an honor when it comes from someone 'in the scene' who sees cars like this everyday.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's another one:

I was at a severely crowded restaurant. Even though we had reservations, there was a 1.5 hour wait to be seated. After the meal, the valet was equally as clogged.

While most people in the restaurant had to wait 20, 30 minutes for their cars, mine was parked RIGHT out front (zero wait). This was the very same day I got my new Volks.... the guy tossed me the keys and said "here you go chief"

Valet parks your car out front = compliment

Later that week, a friend of my girlfriend's from law school made a comment to her like "your boyfriend has good taste"
Old 04-04-2006, 10:26 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
what's the universal money sign? is that when you rub your thumb with your middle and index fingers?
Yes sir. I also forgot two other times - a guy said "That's my car!" and he explained he had the same car down to the hood and spoiler, etc, in some video game, and some Honda kid was talking to me at the car wash and at the end he said that he had never seen a car so tricked out except in a video game.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Forrest80

This one chick at a party says "You must get laid alot with that car" then later on when she was in it she asked me soon as she got in "How do you have sex in this thing" hahah i was flattered. And no i didnt do any thing with her just took her home.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?