Old 07-31-2006, 03:50 PM
Reyes_USN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

06 STI = looks like a Saturn on steroids
Old 07-31-2006, 03:52 PM
cavallino33

Originally Posted by racinzrookie
Im pretty sure our Z's have a 5star crash rating. But to put things aside, both cars are awesome.

yeah thats true the WRX is 4 stars in all crash tests the Z is 5. I was going to mention that in the thread but decided not to add fuel to the fire. What I like about ths Z is it doesn't look or feel like its been compromised to fit into a certain price range. I'm sure there are some compromises (as there is with any car) but they aren't immediately apparent as they are in the WRX/STi. The STi has good performance, but you get the feeling that they compromised everywherelse to keep it from being even more expensive. The interior, the paint, the body all scream bargain special performance car.

Last edited by cavallino33; 07-31-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yay...
Old 07-31-2006, 04:54 PM
JNL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I considered buying one...........................till I realized i'd get stuck with that nasty blue interior. I give credit where its due, subaru's are good cars, but when considering looks and exhaust sound I'd like to see 9 out of 10 people say with a straight face that the subaru's are better.

Personally, I still like the looks of the g35 the most but thats just me.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:09 PM
Miko

Don't understand the comparison of STi/EVO to a Z. Two totally different types of vehicles. They took a sedan and turboe'd it; doing so, they needed to add some larger brakes for support and stiffened suspension. Obviously a fool on the forum mentions "I'd like to see a Z in 8 inches of snow"; Z never sees snow; it was never made for snow...it's a sports car, unlike a riced sedan family car...
My opinion is, the two cars (& SRT4) were merely made as a result of Fast & the Furious 1. I cannot recall them before the movie. Little kiddie chumps...
Old 07-31-2006, 06:28 PM
rotaryrocket7

I've always been amazed when reading this forum and many others (SRT4,STI,Porsche,Corvette,etc...) at the level of disdain for other marks. I personally love cars in general. The are merits to all different kinds of cars. I personally would never want a SVU, but I don't knock because I don't want one. When people ask me if the Z is fast, I tell them it depends on your definition of fast. It's not slow!, but it's also not the fastest car on the road, nor will it ever be.

I've had the chance to drive/ride in Ferrari's, Lambo's, Corvette's, Lotus' and other fantastic cars, all of which are unbelieveable.

My long winded point is this, and it applies to everything in life, knocking down someone else does not raise your own level. To each his own, if you shell out major cash on a car and you appreciate it, isn't that good enough?

Oh yeah, F#$% all the STI guys (Kidding!)
Old 07-31-2006, 06:31 PM
cavallino33

I think for the most part people on this forum were just saying why they chose the Z over the STi. It seems like most people recognize that their both good cars.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:48 PM
dix2nlux2

I owned a 06 WRX before my 06 Z, which was not too long ago (Someone rearended me and totalled it!) I love the driving experience on both cars but I feel my WRX had a better handling + more power comparing to my 06 Z. (Although the look of WRX was not as good as my Z) That's just my 2 cents.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:01 PM
cavallino33

Originally Posted by dix2nlux2
I owned a 06 WRX before my 06 Z, which was not too long ago (Someone rearended me and totalled it!) I love the driving experience on both cars but I feel my WRX had a better handling + more power comparing to my 06 Z. (Although the look of WRX was not as good as my Z) That's just my 2 cents.
Thats funny I got the exact opposite feeling between the wrx and the Z. Was your WRX modded? You did mean WRX and not STi right? I could understand comparing the Z to and STi and feeling that way but the WRX wasn't nearly as good as the Z IMO.

Last edited by cavallino33; 07-31-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:01 PM
4BangR-X

Originally Posted by Miko
Don't understand the comparison of STi/EVO to a Z. Two totally different types of vehicles. They took a sedan and turboe'd it; doing so, they needed to add some larger brakes for support and stiffened suspension. Obviously a fool on the forum mentions "I'd like to see a Z in 8 inches of snow"; Z never sees snow; it was never made for snow...it's a sports car, unlike a riced sedan family car...
My opinion is, the two cars (& SRT4) were merely made as a result of Fast & the Furious 1. I cannot recall them before the movie. Little kiddie chumps...
1. People compare these cars because they are in the same price range.
2. They use sedans because they have a stronger chassis than a coupe. It is nowhere near riced from the factory. They actually have function. Incase you didnt notice, that hood scoop on the STi feeds a top mount intercooler.
3. Your opinion is uninformed. The first Evo(Evo I!) was produced in 1992. The first WRX was also produced in 1992. Plans to bring the Evo stateside were a go way before the movie. The WRX, the Evo nemesis, was likely to come short after the Evo.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by 4BangR-X
2. They use sedans because they have a stronger chassis than a coupe.

Ya thats why we see all those 4 door ferreri's

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 07-31-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:46 AM
SnoDog

I think STi's and Evo's are great cars. Good performance and even better practicality with 4 doors and a trunk. I think it would be nice to have one as a family beater, and the Z for the weekends.

One thing I just cannot stand are Subaru owners though. They're like the Mac users of the automotive world. They're old, yet ridiculously immature. They'll go on and on about the good things about their Subarus and why it is the best creation in the history of mankind. They'll overhear a negative comment about a Subaru from 8 miles away, and magically teleport there to spend the next 8 hours telling them why they are wrong, why the car they have is inferior to their godly Subaru, and why they should begin worshiping them and their Subaru because they will seize world domination in the near future. All of this while degrading and trash talking on just about every other vehicle ever made. I mean seriously folks, I know there are some normal or cool Subaru owners out there, but the majority I have come across (and personally know) are pretty much how I described. The Evo guys seem to be a bit different though. They're not very friendly, but most of them keep to themselves, and I don't see them disrespecting other owners or their vehicles. Anyhow, I wish every car enthusiast can understand the love each person has for their own automobile, and have mutual respect for one another.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:58 AM
4BangR-X

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
Ya thats why we see all those 4 door ferreri's
I wasnt aware Ferrari had a significant rally background.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Brocken

Originally Posted by dix2nlux2
I had the opposite experience as far as handling goes.... and stock to stock the Z has better power than the standard WRX.
I had an '06 WRX for about 6 months(yes, I have a car sickness) and traded it for the Z. With a chip and exhaust the WRX was probably faster but it definitely didn't handle better. That's one main reason I traded it for the Z. I was going to spend a few thousand for better seats and suspension and I figured why not get the Z which already has that. Difference in price was about the same too.
If we didn't have a practical vehicle like the Murano in our garage too I would never have considered getting the Z. But with no kids for now and I just drive back and forth to work I could afford the impracticality of a 2 door sporty car.
We've had many subies and they're very reliable and great to get around in all kinds of weather but we both felt like the quality of interior/noise/ride wasn't that great.
We even had an '02 legacy and weren't impressed with the quality.
I"m not bashing Subaru because they do make great cars. Just explaining why we traded all our Subaru's for something else.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:31 AM
cavallino33

^^ +1 to all of that thats exactly how I felt about my WRX.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:41 AM
SH82N-Z
Banned

Lol at this thread and the other thread. Funny shiet.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Kanyon71

I've owned many cars all for different reasons. Before I bought my 06 Z I looked at many cars including the STi, my main issue I could never get past was I didn't like the looks of it, it looked like an economy car with some exterior add-ons. Yes it is fast, yes it is a very deserving car but at the end of the day I couldn't see myself driving it and more importantly making payments on it every month without tiring of the looks even more.

My little brother (quite a few years between us) Had a Neon SRT/4 now it was fast and I sort of liked it looks but once again it wasn't something I could see myself driving. I'm now 35 and neither car fit what I was looking for in the end. Now if I wanted to do some rally racing the STi would be sitting in my garage
Old 08-01-2006, 11:06 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

I didn't see much bashing going on over there. Seems like many subbie owners gave the Z props. It appears we're doing more bashing over here than they were.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:40 AM
chubs22

Alright... first off I own an STi and my co-worker that owns a 350Z pointed this thread out to me.

All forums I read this kinda crap always comes up. In the M3 forums... at the end of the day at least I don't drive a Subaru. In the WRX forums... at the end of the day at least I don't drive a Neon. Even here... at least I don't drive a "fugly" car. Why is there so much hate? I guess it just comes down to maturity.

My co-worker and I are both car addicts... when we're bored at work we just ramble on about cars... exhaust, suspension, dyno numbers, parts to buy, etc. We own different cars b/c we were looking for different things. She was looking for power with a touch of luxury, I was looking for power, handling and the boxer rumble. We never had it out about which car was better overall. They are different cars made to satify different needs. I guess its a good thing most of the people I've met that drive other cars, including 350's and Evos, are pretty cool.

Just a rant take from it what you will.

Last edited by chubs22; 08-01-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:50 AM
4BangR-X

Its because every ignorant person is out to prove whose e-peen is bigger.

Quick Reply: A word about Z from WRX STI owner