2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stick and automatic what is yours

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 09:29 AM
JDMSilviaSpecR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arma
no the auto still has a shifter and u can shift the auto like a stick so no
It's never the same without the clutch....How could it be the same?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:37 AM
VicPham
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least Honda got it right and only manufactured their S2000 in a Manual only car.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:49 AM
SpoilsofWar

Close this thread immediatly!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:51 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by wooochang
ok im totally going to **** people off, but does anyone else think that people that do this should sign up for

Lol what a waste
Old 02-09-2007, 09:59 AM
ekim81

Ibtl!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:02 AM
roast

Originally Posted by Z MANIA
"for lazy/unskilled drivers" What!!!???!!!
Fiat Spyder- stick
RX7- stick
Porsche 944 turbo s- stick

Blown out back- no more stick

When you are young and dumb, you think that you'll never get hurt and you do stupid things. Later you may realize how silly this makes you sound.
I've been driving sports cars since before you were probably born. One mistake and that could end for you too my friend.
Thanks for taking a small quote of mine completely out of context.

Didn't read the rest did you? You need the luxury, ya gimp.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:03 AM
AbsolutSpeedZ

Stick alll the way, my last car was auto, drove me NUTS, drove my buddies WRX in a 5 speed and knew that my next car had to be stick, sports cars should only be made in stick .
Old 02-09-2007, 10:15 AM
kj98r05

I've had both and in my opinion the stick will always be more fun. If my stock car was auto i wouldn't race anymore!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:21 AM
rkd350z

Originally Posted by VicPham
At least Honda got it right and only manufactured their S2000 in a Manual only car.
TRUE!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:24 AM
FALLEN1z

i had a stick jeep when i had my permit, a stick mustang gt for 3 years and now a stick z and i wouldnt have it any other way. auto is fine if it's not a sports car. sports cars are made for fun and auto is just not fun, it's boring. the whole tiptronic thing is completely pointless. it doenst respond fast enough to compete with a stick, it hesitates for a second before the shift is carried out. the only auto i'd ever get i a sports car is a sequential manual because it's technically a manual transmission internally. it still has a clutch. and i'd only get that if i was going to do a lot of track duty. it drives me nuts when i see figures like "74% of corvette sales are automatic" it's rediculous. if you want a sports car, go all out, save the auto for your camry
Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

"You need the luxury, ya gimp." I'll take this as a joke...otherwise please re-read mine about stupid things we say and do.

Yes..I read your post. You, like myself have been driving a stick forever and unfortunately you had to throw in the "for lazy/unskilled drivers" which I fervently disagree with.

Alas...they say that ignorance is bliss. Peace.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:42 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont like to do this but i have to throw this in since the manual guys are attacking the auto guys but arent the two fastest z on this site automatics. Actually the two fastest z's on this site use to be manuals and were converted into automatics to run faster times and yes it is a th300 and th450 transmission and let me guess what manuals guys are going to say that doesn't count as an automatic transmission yes it does they are auto transmissions no matter what. Yes it is a different automatic transmission but manual guys for you to run that much power you to have to for sure beef up your transmissions also so you are no longer close to being on stock transmission internals. If the manual transmission is so superior then why would you change to a auto to get faster times. Just take a fast glimpse at the 1/4 mile times for z's and you will quickly notice that the 6 speed drivers times get smashed by a auto lol so funny.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:43 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Im quickly going to end this war because know one can say any difference since their is proof.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:00 PM
NissanFreak2000

To be honest who cares, the AT and MT run about the same time, there is not a drastic difference, so what is the big deal!
Old 02-09-2007, 12:06 PM
SpoilsofWar

Originally Posted by marques1
I dont like to do this but i have to throw this in since the manual guys are attacking the auto guys but arent the two fastest z on this site automatics. Actually the two fastest z's on this site use to be manuals and were converted into automatics to run faster times and yes it is a th300 and th450 transmission and let me guess what manuals guys are going to say that doesn't count as an automatic transmission yes it does they are auto transmissions no matter what. Yes it is a different automatic transmission but manual guys for you to run that much power you to have to for sure beef up your transmissions also so you are no longer close to being on stock transmission internals. If the manual transmission is so superior then why would you change to a auto to get faster times. Just take a fast glimpse at the 1/4 mile times for z's and you will quickly notice that the 6 speed drivers times get smashed by a auto lol so funny.
Drag racing a 1/4 mile does not = life, unless you're Vin Diesel.

Let me guess, you drive an auto
Old 02-09-2007, 12:18 PM
s13SRmadness

auto is nice. my brother's is300 is auto and nice.
i would have an auto for my z, but it's really not the same. you can't shift like a manual with "tiptronic" or "paddle shifting"
it's just not the same. cant drift an auto.
my main gripe is the tourqe converter itself. there will always be some wasted power and slop that you can never get rid of with the auto.
auto like BMWs SMG are a diffeerent story.
not everyone really wants to drive a sports car ***** out, so they get autos. nothing wrong with that. they just want to own a sporty car to get around in.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:19 PM
wooochang

he does have a point. i guess i should start looking for a mod where i can change out the boot so it looks like im driving an auto
Old 02-09-2007, 12:21 PM
realcom2

I got a stick Z and did not even know how to drive it home. The dealer taught me. I could not see it any other way and now that I know how to drive a stick I see why people love it. I'm in my late 20's now and I could see myself with a suto sports car one day but just no time soon.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:31 PM
s13SRmadness

you're talking about drag racing. the z was not designed to drag race. whatever youre into is cool, but the z is more at home road racing where a regular auto has no place.

Quick Reply: Stick and automatic what is yours