2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front bumper -- stock vs. nismo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 07:11 PM
robbycolli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front bumper -- stock vs. nismo?

Well, here it is. This weekend I was pulling out of a parking spot and turned the front left side of the bumper into a one and a half foot high sturdy wood post. I had intentionally parked close to it to stay as far away from other cars as possible, but had too much going on when I left to remember the obsticle. The post tore a short (4 inch) gash in the front plastic bumper.

I am going to replace the bumper. I have very low insurance rates and I dont even think I am going to file a claim. I just dont know which bumper to go with.

As the thread is titled, I am thinking about either the nismo or the factory bumper. I feel like if I get the Nismo bumper then the wreck was not a total loss. At least then I dont have to fork out money just to get back to where I started. However, I am worried that the Nismo Bumper is too agressive looking and may detract from the resale value of the car. This is my real question. Do you all think the Nismo bumper is too much? Does it make the car look too aftermarket? Too much like it prabably has neon under it or a fifteen inch woofer in the back?

I would like to order a new bumper as soon as possible and have not been able to find the English version of the Nismo sight. If you know this sight please let me know. Also if there are any other nice bumpers availible that I am not aware of that are of good quality please let me know.

On a side note, I took the Z in this week because of a problem that has been getting worse with shifts into 3rd gear (# 14XX with 5500 miles). The service worker drove the car around the block with me and said he would have make some calls to see what they could do. They called my cell phone about thirty minutes later and told me that a new transmision had been ordered and they would install it this week.

Thanks with any help you all can give me.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:09 PM
Inova

get the nismo.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:19 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Inova
get the nismo.
I would get the Nismo, if for no other reason than to not feel bad about the goof. The goof becomes an upgrade and not a goof, got to love that.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:46 AM
robbycolli

Thanks for the input. Now does anyone know where I can find the Nismo bumper for sale?
Old 04-14-2003, 07:09 AM
350zSpeedRacer

www.japanparts.com --Graham Ware

www.strictlyz.com (I think)
Old 04-14-2003, 09:18 AM
robbycolli

Thanks Speed,

I just called and they are back ordered for several months. The sales person did say that there may be a company in So. Cal. that is also producing the bumper. This is not the Canada company that's bumper does not fit. Anyone know who this company in So. Cal. is? Thanks.

Rob
Old 04-14-2003, 10:22 AM
ProjectGoose

does anyone know if a clear bra is available for the nismo front bumper? I would pick the nismo bumper w/o a clear bra over the stock bumper w/ a clear bra, but was hoping that something was available.

maybe have to pay for a custom job?
Old 04-14-2003, 01:29 PM
iboost

I talked with a user on here (RobGonda) about that a few weeks back, and he mentioned to me that you can get it custom made, but that it will cost you more. He was looking at getting a body kit and asked that very same question to his installer. If money isn't an issue, then the only thing you need to worry about is the experience that the installer might/might-not have with custom jobs. Best of luck!

HTH,

iboost