Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

insurance won't pay for aftermarket wheels need advice

Old 04-03-2007, 09:29 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default insurance won't pay for aftermarket wheels need advice

Im trying to figure out how much 1 stock 17inch wheel and stock tire will cost at the dealership. Im trying to figure this information out for this purpose my claim adjuster came out to adjust my car and i need one of my 19inch stern wheels to be replaced. The problem is that he only wants to pay for a stock rim and tire instead of paying for my aftermarket wheel so im trying to see if i will break even so that i don't have to come out of my pocket i think this is bull**** what do you guys think. Stern wheels arent to expensive so i think i should be okay but i dont know how much a stock rim and stock tire at the dealership sales for.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure have him pay for a brand new 17" OEM wheel and tire. At the rates the stealership charge for 1 wheel and tire you'll probably have enough to replace your aftermarket. Call the dealership up and get a quote. Then tell your insurance adjuster to mail you a check.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
marques1

ok cool i was hoping not to come out of my pocket that would really suck. I'm hoping you are right and that they charge a arm and a leg for the wheel and the tire.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Visit your dealer. Ask for a written quote.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:38 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marques1
Im trying to figure out how much 1 stock 17inch wheel and stock tire will cost at the dealership. Im trying to figure this information out for this purpose my claim adjuster came out to adjust my car and i need one of my 19inch stern wheels to be replaced. The problem is that he only wants to pay for a stock rim and tire instead of paying for my aftermarket wheel so im trying to see if i will break even so that i don't have to come out of my pocket i think this is bull**** what do you guys think. Stern wheels arent to expensive so i think i should be okay but i dont know how much a stock rim and stock tire at the dealership sales for.
It's not really bull shxt. One of the main criteria to get an insurance quote is the value of the car. So when adding aftermarket parts, it's adding the car's value. You're not paying extra insurance money for those added value. Just imagine if you decide to have some kind of crazy custom paint job that costs 20k. Then someone runs into your car and totally destroys the body, do you expect the insurance company to pay you the extra 20k?

I have aftermarket parts myself. Trust me.. I'm so freaked out about stupid people hitting my car and not getting anything back from insurance.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:42 PM
gsazabi

Who's your insurance company?
I have Mercury and when I got into the accident they replaced my aftermarket rims/tires free of charge.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:43 PM
marques1

Thanks guys for the advice i will be calling the stealership tomorrow and see how much it is for a stock rim and tire hopefully alot lol if anyone else has more specific info please add to thread. bb1314 nice car looks just like mine black wheels with chrome lip man i miss my car im driving a ford focus rental car the damn thing is so slow i cant believe it.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:45 PM
marques1

my insurance company is direct auto insurance here in texas im not sure if they are nation wide or not but im thinking they aren't. I understand what bb1314 is saying but its only 1 rim im not asking for a **** load of money here from them.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Blacryan

Originally Posted by marques1
Thanks guys for the advice i will be calling the stealership tomorrow and see how much it is for a stock rim and tire hopefully alot lol if anyone else has more specific info please add to thread. bb1314 nice car looks just like mine black wheels with chrome lip man i miss my car im driving a ford focus rental car the damn thing is so slow i cant believe it.
What you need to do is call all the dealerships in your area find the 1 that wants the most for 1 wheel/tire and than get a written quote from them. Also ask if they can include any extra fee's. Shipping -etc-
Old 04-03-2007, 09:46 PM
marques1

ok i will do that you con artist nah just joking but yeah good idea.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One OEM wheel from the dealer is worth way more than your Stern wheel.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:00 PM
marques1

ok cool looks like i lucked out on this one time to call the dealer tomorrow. thanks guys you are all alot of help.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:03 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by Blacryan
What you need to do is call all the dealerships in your area find the 1 that wants the most for 1 wheel/tire and than get a written quote from them. Also ask if they can include any extra fee's. Shipping -etc-

Don't forget to ask for the cost of a new valve stem. Stealership will charge you like an extra $10 dollars or so because you know you're not suppose to reuse them
Old 04-03-2007, 10:14 PM
marques1

ok cool will do
Old 04-04-2007, 03:55 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

17" 235/50/17 bridgestone potenza from the dealer is giong to run about $250. The rim is another $350 easy. So, you should be able to replace the aftermarket rim and a tire easy. Call the dealership, you'll be pleased they are making you quote the stock parts because they are just as expensive as the aftermarket if not more. Good luck with things.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:57 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marques1[B
]Im trying to figure out how much 1 stock 17inch wheel and stock tire will cost at the dealership. [/B] ...but i dont know how much a stock rim and stock tire at the dealership sales for.
Uhhh...why not visit a dealership and get a written price for a new wheel and tire?

Doesn't sound to difficult to me.

bill
Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 AM
06MagneticZ

Look over you declaration page and see if there is any "Additional Equipment" coverage. Ask him to show the contract and where it states that coverage is only provided for "factory" or "manufacturer" equipment. Small companies sometimes dont offer additional equipment, but ask him anyways. Good luck.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:57 AM
alan86

anything mounted in the factory location should be covered by insurance. Speakers and amps are not covered, but a head unit is. what is your deductible?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:59 AM
NaNa-Papa-J

When introduced my car to a curb and bent up one of my Volks, the insurance company paid for repair without question...they said they were even going to replace it if necessary. I had Safeco at the time. The insurance company should have no issue paying for all necessary repairs to your car. I hope you don't get screwed over...best of luck...sorry to hear about your accident.

Ohh...and what 06MagneticZ said above is a really good idea...make the insurance company prove that your policy states OEM only.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: insurance won't pay for aftermarket wheels need advice