Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone want to join the "Beat the wife club"? Curbed wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Sco2355

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After market clutch ftw! I tought my girlfriend how to drive my car and she loved it and wanted to drive it a bit to often. I got an after market clutch and now she can't get out of first. She no longer wants to drive my car. =-D
Old 05-09-2008, 09:24 AM
WhiteNoiz

I had my gf open my door into a cement planter one time. Then she just froze, and looked at me like she knew she ****ed up. My head got hot, my heart sank, and I was pissed (but just because my door had a new dent/scratch). I didnt get mad at her, but I didnt say much for an hour or so. I am particular about my car too. The bottom line is it will get damaged, and cannot stay perfect forever if you use it. Once that is realized, and you let go just a little, it aint so stressful, and there is more enjoyment to be had. Rock chip shouldnt = ulcer, nor should a scuffed stock rim. Secondly, its all a matter of perspective, eventually, something will eventually put things into perspective for us. Your dealing with two elements, a scratched 300$ rim, and your wife. Whats most important here? "there is a lot you can learn about a person by the way they handle a glass of spilled milk" <---I had that quote published at motivateus.com

** oh and I got a kick out of all the responses from people. lol

Last edited by WhiteNoiz; 05-09-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:01 AM
III

haha thats what happen with my girl she curbed he stock ones and some how ened with Tenzo DC5s
Old 05-09-2008, 10:47 AM
WhiteNoiz

Originally Posted by III
haha thats what happen with my girl she curbed he stock ones and some how ened with Tenzo DC5s
I hit a rock and ended up with a Bassani exhaust its all about optimism
Old 05-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

to get the full idea on the amazing driving skills of all your women, SHARE some pix!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:30 PM
kaizenro1

Curbjob for a curbjob. Hope you have a great dental plan! jk

At least a BJ or HJ thrown in. You should have a 'Get a Free HJ/BJ card'.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Sco2355

Originally Posted by kaizenro1
Curbjob for a curbjob. Hope you have a great dental plan! jk

At least a BJ or HJ thrown in. You should have a 'Get a Free HJ/BJ card'.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:21 PM
rromero

LOL my wife just took a chunk out of my tires last nite. will post pic
Old 05-11-2008, 06:46 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VeeTec
Remember, it's just a car. Hopefully you love your wife more than the car.

On a side note, my wife drives an Armada, it's really hard to curb one of those wheels.

Love your wife more than your Z!!!!!????? What is this madness which you speak!!???

BTW: I'm smart enough NOT to let my wife get close enough to my Z to even THINK about driving it!!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:54 AM
steppinrazor

Old 05-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sarah curbed one wheel on my Z and scratched/dented the fender, and curbed two wheels on my G35 coupe.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:30 PM
azula

Originally Posted by ryano85
what did the 5 fingers say to the face....
Old 05-13-2008, 09:25 PM
RanFerr_350z

Originally Posted by WhiteNoiz
I had my gf open my door into a cement planter one time. Then she just froze, and looked at me like she knew she ****ed up. My head got hot, my heart sank, and I was pissed (but just because my door had a new dent/scratch). I didnt get mad at her, but I didnt say much for an hour or so. I am particular about my car too. The bottom line is it will get damaged, and cannot stay perfect forever if you use it. Once that is realized, and you let go just a little, it aint so stressful, and there is more enjoyment to be had. Rock chip shouldnt = ulcer, nor should a scuffed stock rim. Secondly, its all a matter of perspective, eventually, something will eventually put things into perspective for us. Your dealing with two elements, a scratched 300$ rim, and your wife. Whats most important here? "there is a lot you can learn about a person by the way they handle a glass of spilled milk" <---I had that quote published at motivateus.com

** oh and I got a kick out of all the responses from people. lol

+100000

The only real time i got upset was when she was going a little too fast in our apartment complex and she forgot about the speed bumps ahead, she braked pretty hard and somehow timed it to get the 2 front tires at the peak of the speedbump, she then immediately released the brake. She didn't ease the brake slowly i mean she literally just let her foot off and with all that momentum the Z just slammed right onto the speedbump, and all i heard was a thunderous SLAM you could just feel how hard it slammed, till this day i'm still convinced something is F'ed up but i try not to think about it.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:59 AM
GixxerSteve

As a few others have already said, you're comparing a stock 18" wheel to your wife -- get over it. I'm not saying that I don't understand how upset it makes you feel, and how everytime you look at the curbed wheel its going to bother you until it is new again, because I do. But its just a wheel. And its just a car. You will own many in your lifetime, and they will get dinged and scratched, and occasionally someone will hit you in their POS minivan because they aren't paying attention. Thats life, and life's too short to be upset with your wife over a piece of metal.

How would you feel if you were in your wife's shoes, and it was she who was upset with you over some possession? Lets say she cares about her clothes as much as you care about your Z. What if you accidentally damaged a pair of her expensive shoes. It's just a pair of shoes, right? You could tell her that its just a shoe, go buy another one, but to her the shoe is important. Its what she cares about, even though it doesn't make sense to you. What if she was just as pissed about the shoes as you are about the rim, and even though it was just an accident that you didn't mean to do, she was still more concerned about the pair of shoes than you?? How would that make you feel?

Prioritize, man.

Last edited by GixxerSteve; 05-14-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:58 AM
xlr8r

Here's how I prevent my wife from driving my car- always be working on it so it's not driveable. j/k someday I'll be done.

The real method though is- I'm 5'10", she's 5'1". I have a aftermarket seat that is mounted/fixed low & really far back so that she can't see over the dash or reach the pedals. I do not want her driving a tail happy 2200lb. 300 hp car.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:58 AM
xlr8r

Originally Posted by ColdZ
2200?

HaHa, look at my sig. I should be finishing up my VQ swapped 510 in 3-4 weeks & the estimated weight will be around 2200lbs.