Sponsored by:

Observations in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 09:35 AM
Yuichi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Observations in Japan

Hiya all,

Im just reporting from Japan. Finally able to find a freaking internet cafe! Anyways the typhoon just rolled out of Japan so part of my trip was slowed down. But enough about me your probably saying heres what Ive seen in Japan.

Pretty much every automotive magazine over here has coverage of the new Z. Also there are already 2 commercials out for the car. Basically if your in Japan and dont know about the Z your a hermit.

Every Nissan dealer(Red Stage) has a Z in the showroom. And my friend told me you can test drive the car for 30 minutes. That is so cool and you don:t have no annoying salesman sitting in the car with you. I would sign up its just that list is about 30 days long. That just comes to show how popular or how much attention this car is getting in Japan.

For all those people who called or e-mailed me regarding the parts from Japan I am keeping my eye out. From my understanding most of the dealer parts nissan accesories can already be ordered over here. I will try to pick some up. Not sure about the NISMO products but I will be visiting them on Friday.

I have some cool pictures of the cars and other misc stuff that Ill be posting later. Also Ill be doing a write up and posting pictures on http://zdriver.com. I might do a write up about parts avalible in Japan plus from the aftermarket here (body kits,accessories etc..)Many aftermarket Z shops or big names already have cars they are developing parts on.

Anyways ive already typed too much. My access to the internet is limited so if you need to contact me my e-mail is Zdrivercom@aol.com and Ill be on the internet for a few hours since i havent had internet for a week now
Old 08-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Yuichi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will do Jay. Also I forgot to mention I am still trying to get a tour and pictures of the oppama plant where the 350Zs are being made.

Also wanted to say I had a chance to talk to FairladyZ of Japan. It was cool talking to you about 350Zs Too bad your on the other side of Japan.