Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 07:58 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

First of all, I can't believe the site software won't let me type in the word K N O B. As in Shift K N O B. HaHa!

Rahtok, weren't you the guy who "invented" that bracket for the Valentine One radar detector that sat on your rear view mirror? Or do I have you confused with someone else?
Old 05-14-2016, 08:28 AM
Rahtok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno that I 'invented' it, but I did do the remote display mount above the mirror. Still there today. Has faithfully informed me of every time I get hit by LIDAR and am about to be pulled over. /chuckles

Damn. 13 years ago. https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...e-bracket.html

Last edited by Rahtok; 05-14-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:36 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Just checking in to see if anyone else is left from the inaugural class of 2003 (took delivery in 2002 on pre-orders)? I still have my 2003 Brickyard but don't drive it anymore as I have a new baby to drive. I think that with the 115 layers of Zaino on her, she'll be preserved for many eons just like the mosquitoes embedded in the amber in Jurassic Park
The following users liked this post:
mr. sparco (07-07-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Rahtok

Noice Bonz. I'm still here too... Mr Z is still my 'old reliable' that I use somewhat regularly. Got about 90k miles on him now. Last year my wife picked up a new 718 Boxster S PDK with Sports Chrono. Damn that thing is fast and stupidly agile. And I recently found an unbelievably immaculate 1979 Mercedes 450 SLC that I couldn't pass up. I'm seriously running out of garage space.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:35 AM
Scafremon

Those days back in 2002/2003 were possibly the most fun I have ever had on an internet forum. Good people, good stories, lots of humor, and just the right amount of drama.

Good times.
The following users liked this post:
Hraesvelg (07-07-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 12:11 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Yep- I'm another pre-order Z owner who still has his Redline track model.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:14 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
Just checking in to see if anyone else is left from the inaugural class of 2003 (took delivery in 2002 on pre-orders)?

I’m still around but sold my Z’s years ago.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Rahtok! DK! Hraes! SCAF! So good to know that I'm not alone. Sometimes I come on here and just look at old posts and reminisce. When I do, I feel like Will Smith's character in "I Am Legend" where I'm the last one left sending out radio messages to see if there is still anyone out there. Glad to hear from you guys!

So like 12 years has passed. What's up with everyone? What changes have come about in your lives over these years?

I am now 57. When I got my Z in 2002 I was a young whippersnapper of 40. I recall guys who were late 50's early 60's saying that they got rid of their Zs because they were too hard to get into and out of. I used to scoff at that but now I completely know what they were talking about.

I got divorced back in 2007 and remarried. My kids whose pics I would occasionally post and who were little back when we started all this are now 28 and 26. Not married yet but engaged. No grandkids yet.

I am still an orthopedic surgeon starting my 27th year of practice soon. Still have my Brickyard Z but it is under cover in a garage now. Not sure what I'll do with her but will probably will her to my son when I check out.

Still in western Pennsylvania about 65 miles north of Pittsburgh.

I now have a 2012 GT-R that I purchased used from my old Brickyard Brother Andy (who used to run ZDayZ and went by McDuck here on the boards). He had sold his Z for the GT-R and eventually got married and needed downpayment on a new home and he sold it to me. It is pictured above. It has a Brickyard vinyl wrap and is modified to nearly 800 HP. And I thought my 600 HP TT 350Z was fast?

Well, hope we can catch up after all these years. Write back and KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

Last edited by Dr Bonz; 07-07-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:53 PM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rahtok! DK! Hraes! SCAF! So good to know that I'm not alone. Sometimes I come on here and just look at old posts and reminisce. When I do, I feel like Will Smith's character in "I Am Legend" where I'm the last one left sending out radio messages to see if there is still anyone out there. Glad to hear from you guys!

So like 12 years has passed. What's up with everyone? What changes have come about in your lives over these years?
I now have a 2012 GT-R that I purchased used from my old Brickyard Brother Andy (who used to run ZDayZ and went by McDuck here on the boards). He had sold his Z for the GT-R and eventually got married and needed downpayment on a new home and he sold it to me. It is pictured above. It has a Brickyard vinyl wrap and is modified to nearly 800 HP. And I thought my 600 HP TT 350Z was fast?

Well, hope we can catch up after all these years. Write back and KEEP HOPE ALIVE!
Your Brickyard GT-R looks great!

I traded in my Brickyard for a 2013 G37s Sedan 6MT, so I'm still in the family, but I picked-up a 2001 Miata as a go-slow feel-fast toy last year.

For whomever asked, I still have all the Z-stuff on a bookshelf. I also have the Japanese Z books and Nismo catalog from 2012 also. I'll probably Marie Kondo those to goodwill sometime.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:29 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Originally Posted by Scafremon
Those days back in 2002/2003 were possibly the most fun I have ever had on an internet forum. Good people, good stories, lots of humor, and just the right amount of drama.

Good times.

They sure were.....

Old 07-09-2019, 03:44 AM
Megatron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pre-order member checking in also, took my delivery on Sept 18, 2002. I still have my Z however it barely gets driven, just not practical as it was when I was in my 20s. It has about 90k on the odo, I thought about selling it a couple of times but couldn't pull myself todo it. I also still have my press kit (Legacy Z book, The Run DVD, and miniature model z car) sitting in my office. During the preorder time and when people first took their delivery was best car experience I been apart of. ( grounding kit, tire feathering, window motor burn out, 7 in lcd screen in cubby hole) I even remember doing a movie shoot at the Jersey Shore with 50 other preordered Z's.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:56 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys, I'm still around... and still have my 350Z! Bone stock, 52,000 miles. I was 24 when I got the car, was working in the pharma business at the time, but always wanted to work in automotive. About 5 years after I got my car, I got a job with Nissan North America in Franklin, TN. This was shortly after the company moved HQ from Gardena, CA. Actually I would have worked for any OEM; but got lucky and found my way to Nissan through some networking. I had a variety of roles in Product Planning, Business Strategy, and Marketing. Most of my work was on the Infiniti side, but for about a year or so I was on the marketing team for Z, Maxima, and GT-R; did a ton of fun stuff with that role, including some PR with John Morton- here is a pic of an interview we did with Grassroots Motorsports during The Mitty at Road Atlanta in 2018. I also was able to attend ZDayZ as a Nissan representative for a few years- loved every minute of that... I loved Nissan, but a got an opportunity with an EV startup that I simply could not refuse... left Nissan after nearly 12 years last Sept. Still have many close friends at the company and will be a Nissan fan for life.... I'm 41 now, married w/ 2 kids. Still have my '84 Anniversary Edition as well.. and I daily drive an E39 M5 (summer) and '96 Maxima (winter).

John Morton, JG Pasterjak (GRM), Ethan84ae (l-r)

My pre-order 350Z.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:58 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Who could forget that day at the Jersey Shore... so much fun...? Hope you are doing well!

Originally Posted by Megatron
I even remember doing a movie shoot at the Jersey Shore with 50 other preordered Z's.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:01 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

you guys are insane. I remember when Jeff took a bunch of photos near NNA Gardena of all the colors... first time we saw brickyard and Daytona Blue... hey- anyone know how AudioPat is doing? Remember when he got Leno to loan him the car before they went on sale?

They sure were.....

Old 07-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Megatron

Originally Posted by ethan84ae
Who could forget that day at the Jersey Shore... so much fun...? Hope you are doing well!
Ethan84ae,

Long time no talk too. I remember meeting you and I think maybe your gf during that movie shoot. I'm trying to remember did you also do Atco raceway when their was a battle of z's at the drag strip. Glad to hear you are doing well. I got my car at 23, now I am 40 and married. I still have my motorcycle that sits in the garage along with my z collecting dust, (daily) Acura tsx and my wife Nissan Murano.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:22 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

I don't think Sue was with me that day..but she did come with me to a bunch of other Z events... we got married in 2012. I don't think I made it to Atco...

Originally Posted by Megatron
Ethan84ae,

Long time no talk too. I remember meeting you and I think maybe your gf during that movie shoot. I'm trying to remember did you also do Atco raceway when their was a battle of z's at the drag strip. Glad to hear you are doing well. I got my car at 23, now I am 40 and married. I still have my motorcycle that sits in the garage along with my z collecting dust, (daily) Acura tsx and my wife Nissan Murano.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:29 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Most concept cars are crushed; but luckily this one has survived. It is currently part of Nissan North America's Heritage Collection & still displayed periodically. I got a chance to pose my 350Z next to it a few years ago.... Arguably one of the most significant concept cars Nissan has ever done- the design and 4 cyl engine was a bit controversial at the time; but it was good enough to spark further development- which led to an updated concept in 2001 and the production car we all bought in 2002.

Just to keep it interesting, I will try and post some CLASSIC pix from my old hard drive.

Here are some of the Nissan concept car that preceded the production 350Z

Old 07-16-2019, 11:36 AM
KCZ

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I still have my 2003 350Z red Track model that I ordered then received on Christmas Eve 2002, my best Christmas ever. Unfortunately, due to a back injury and now a leg injury, I just put it up for sale in the classifieds forum. I hope I can find a buyer who will love it as much as I have. I agree with whoever said that this forum back in '02-03 was the best car forum ever. Still remember chatting with Dr Bonz, Audio Pat, Speedracer, and many others.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:24 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Well. It's been two years now and time to check in. Anyone still out there from the preorder class of 2002? My 2003 Brickyard Z was recently taken out of a storage unit and is now safely tucked away in the new garage shed I put in my back yard. It was good to drive her again, even though it was only for a few miles.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dr Bonz:
Bak3rme (09-17-2021), dkmura (09-20-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 10:11 AM
Megatron

Yup, still have my Z. Its sits tucked away in my garage with a car cover over it. Since the last check I think in 2019, I have put 800 miles on it. The only maintenance I have done recently was put a new starter on and a battery disconnect.

Quick Reply: VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS