Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:52 AM
FrankieZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mapleleaf
Ordered mine June 2002 ... Delivered Nov 2002 Best Car I have owned not one problem with it 118,000 KM
Mapleleaf ,

That's exactly when I received mine here in NH . I was still teaching school at the time and had to take a group of elementary school kids to an environmental school up in Maine . Couldn't decide whether to take it or not due to the time of year , but I just couldn't leave it . Yep , you guessed it , we got 7 inches of snow and here I am with a brand new Zed on summer tyres !
Old 11-26-2008, 06:56 AM
maxpowers

This post is starting to make me feel old....

I'm an original '04 ZR owner so thought I could chime in. I don't post much anymore but like to skim through the threads.

These were some of my favorite topics back in the day (before we even knew what locking a thread meant...)

- Front License Plate
- What no T-Top?
- The Twins
- Zaino
- What is your delivery date
- 350Z vs. G35 Coupe
- Anybody heard of a company called Enron? (OK I made that up....but it puts the time in context).
Old 11-26-2008, 07:16 AM
SirMikel1

Mine was a pre-order.
Delivered Sept. 2002

53,000 miles on it and going strong.
she's naked now tho..

Old 11-26-2008, 01:20 PM
marhot

I'm not a pre-order, but I did come on this forum in early 2003.

Anyway, I can still well remember the night in September 2002 when my local dealer got their first Z in and I went down to check it out. It was love at first sight. Due to my financial situation, I had to wait until the summer of '03 before I was able to buy it. Glad I did, though. In the fall of '02 there was a $5,000 mark-up over MSRP. By June '03, I got mine for $1200 under MSRP. My wait 9 month wait saved me over $6,000 ...

PS..Man, has this forum changed over the last 5 years, unfortunately not for the better.

PSS....and I'm just not feeling the 370Z. It's not grabbing me like the 350. I guess I'll just wait for the next generation.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:22 PM
marhot

Originally Posted by maxpowers
This post is starting to make me feel old....

I'm an original '04 ZR owner so thought I could chime in. I don't post much anymore but like to skim through the threads.

These were some of my favorite topics back in the day (before we even knew what locking a thread meant...)

- Front License Plate
- What no T-Top?
- The Twins
- Zaino
- What is your delivery date
- 350Z vs. G35 Coupe
- Anybody heard of a company called Enron? (OK I made that up....but it puts the time in context).

Don't forget the 'Seat Covers' thread, my all-time favorite.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:42 AM
FrankieZZ

Sir Mike ,

Very , very , nice !

Marhot ,

GREAT FINANCIAL MOVE . That's how to do business .

FrankieZZ
Old 11-27-2008, 10:24 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP is slightly off; I was not a pre-order. I checked in here in 11-02 and had my new Brick delivered to my house in 12-02.

Man, I literally looked at every Nissan dealer in Cali to find an Enthusiast Brick without a spoiler. Finally found a Performance with right combo in Visialia, about 300 miles south of me. Snapped it up & dealer had it driven to my front door in time for New Years.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:53 AM
FrankieZZ

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
OP is slightly off; I was not a pre-order. I checked in here in 11-02 and had my new Brick delivered to my house in 12-02.

Man, I literally looked at every Nissan dealer in Cali to find an Enthusiast Brick without a spoiler. Finally found a Performance with right combo in Visialia, about 300 miles south of me. Snapped it up & dealer had it driven to my front door in time for New Years.
Brickyard ,

Close enough- you're in the club . I remember when you joined as the following month my wife and I were in Palm Springs when I saw one ( a Brickyard) and went up to the guy .My wife thought I was on something ! He was from the LA area . That was a rare sight back then , wasn't it ? Good hearing from you - Sacramento's a nice area . Good luck !

Frank
Old 11-28-2008, 03:56 AM
twotonetrack

Like the other preorders here (got mine Aug 2002) I will never sell her.

I have an 03 Track I paid MSRP for in cash and now I would get far less than half back so why ever sell.

I'd say it runs better now than when new since I had the transmission replaced, window streaks, rear-clicking, and whatever else fixed that annoyed the hell out of me.

I remember driving the Z in late 02 and early 03. It was a different time then. The import scene wasn't outright bashed yet and the Z garnered so much respect everywhere I went. The Evo and STI hadn't made it to our shores yet and the Z really was a performance pedestal at the price. I still think the Z looks more expensive than other cars at the price but the performance of cars in general really caught up on the fairlady.

Last edited by twotonetrack; 11-28-2008 at 03:58 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:01 AM
captj3

Delivered 9/02 and still going strong. The looks I got when driving the Z new was priceless. Did anyone here go to the first Z meet in Cape May NJ?
Old 11-28-2008, 09:17 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Appreciate the inclusion, Frank.

First noticed the Brick color in a 1' swatch on Nissan. Decided I had to see one & drove to other side of town....about 50 miles round trip. Then it was an obsession to find one.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:09 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know i shoudnt be in this thread but i got my g coupe in early Feb of 2003 and i had only seen i other before i bought mine.I had to order mine and it took almost a month to get it.......i know thats not long.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:24 PM
k2we

Originally Posted by FrankieZZ
I remember a fellow named Steve from Dobbs Ferry , New York . Are you still out there Steve ? Anyone know him . I think he had a Silverstone preorder if I remember correctly . He was the guy who gave us all the idea of not using the predrilled holes on the front bumper to mount our license tag but instead used plastic ties , tieing the inverted plastic tag frame instead to the grill. Then later along came the series of special front adaptors created by a member on this site . I still have the ties on and it always looked better placed down low there, rather than higher up on the front end where Nissan wanted it to go . Do you guys remember all that and all the time and talk we spent on it , telling each other to warn the dealer not to drill out those holes , worrying if airflow to the engine was being interrupted ? It's amazing how much time we spent on little diddly stuff like that .
Hi FrankieZZ, Just happened to check the site.. and found your comments.. It sure was a long time ago.. I kept my "Z" for 4 years and passed it on to a young fellow in PA.. Hope he's enjoying it.. I got my dream car last year.. A new 2007 Porsche Targa 4 in Guards Red.. What a fun car to drive.. I just went over 16k in One year.. Otherwise, not much new.. I have mixed feelings about the 370Z.. I saw my first GT-R last month.. I'm glad I got the Porsche.. Take care and enjoy..

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry & Saratoga Springs, NY
Old 11-29-2008, 12:44 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Sorry for intruding, but I just wanted to say that this is an awesome thread.

I love seeing the original members from the early days of this forum still lurking and posting.

Although, I haven't been a member of this forum as long as some of you guys, but I definitely remember some of the classics (from searching and back-referencing in other threads back in the day).
Old 11-29-2008, 03:24 AM
FrankieZZ

Originally Posted by twotonetrack
Like the other preorders here (got mine Aug 2002) I will never sell her.

I have an 03 Track I paid MSRP for in cash and now I would get far less than half back so why ever sell.

I'd say it runs better now than when new since I had the transmission replaced, window streaks, rear-clicking, and whatever else fixed that annoyed the hell out of me.

I remember driving the Z in late 02 and early 03. It was a different time then. The import scene wasn't outright bashed yet and the Z garnered so much respect everywhere I went. The Evo and STI hadn't made it to our shores yet and the Z really was a performance pedestal at the price. I still think the Z looks more expensive than other cars at the price but the performance of cars in general really caught up on the fairlady.
+1
Old 11-29-2008, 03:30 AM
FrankieZZ

Originally Posted by k2we
Hi FrankieZZ, Just happened to check the site.. and found your comments.. It sure was a long time ago.. I kept my "Z" for 4 years and passed it on to a young fellow in PA.. Hope he's enjoying it.. I got my dream car last year.. A new 2007 Porsche Targa 4 in Guards Red.. What a fun car to drive.. I just went over 16k in One year.. Otherwise, not much new.. I have mixed feelings about the 370Z.. I saw my first GT-R last month.. I'm glad I got the Porsche.. Take care and enjoy..

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry & Saratoga Springs, NY
Steve ,

So good to hear from you . Glad to hear you are doing well and good luck with the Porsche ! I'd love to have a GT-2 right now - someday ! We really did have some good times back then stressing over all of the issues with a new car ! Everytime I tighten my ties ( which isn't too often , I think of you and your brilliant idea . I still say it looks better there on the grill than with the adaptor that a club member made . As a matter of fact , I actually ordered one , didn't like it , and sold it to someone on this site . See Steve , real ingenuity will always prevail . Nice talking to you again and good luck !

Frank
Old 11-29-2008, 06:28 PM
350zQ45a

Amazing garage... I wish I would of kept the cars I've owned.. Ahh the joys of youth
Old 12-01-2008, 08:47 AM
SirMikel1

Originally Posted by captj3
Delivered 9/02 and still going strong. The looks I got when driving the Z new was priceless. Did anyone here go to the first Z meet in Cape May NJ?
Yup! i was actually at that first meet. I believe lentronic was filming a dvd from that. lots of fun.

this old pic was actually from that meet.

Last edited by SirMikel1; 12-01-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by SirMikel1
Yup! i was actually at that first meet. I believe lentronic was filming a dvd from that. lots of fun.

this old pic was actually from that meet.
My wife and I went to that meet as well. We were in the lemans sunset Z at that time we lived in NY. I never got a chance to get the dvd. I think lentronic was selling his car recently. Brings back memories.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:31 PM
SirMikel1

Originally Posted by captj3
My wife and I went to that meet as well. We were in the lemans sunset Z at that time we lived in NY. I never got a chance to get the dvd. I think lentronic was selling his car recently. Brings back memories.
yup, definately. i think i still have the dvd somewhere at home. if i can find it, i'll can make a copy and send it to you.

Quick Reply: VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS