Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 02:35 AM
FrankieZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SirMikel1
yup, definately. i think i still have the dvd somewhere at home. if i can find it, i'll can make a copy and send it to you.

Hey , now this thread is really reuniting people !
+1

PS Any more pics of that Cape May tour ?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:52 AM
FrankieZZ

Looking for two people : Dr. Bonz and my good friend from West Virginia ? Are you guys out there ? C'mon , someone must know where they are .
Old 12-02-2008, 07:26 PM
captj3

Originally Posted by SirMikel1
yup, definately. i think i still have the dvd somewhere at home. if i can find it, i'll can make a copy and send it to you.
That would be great if you still have it. PM me and let me know.

FrankieZZ Dr. bonz hangs out on 350zfrenzy. Check there for him.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:58 PM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

If you're talking about the NH Z Meet on about 4-27-2003, i posted my pics on the original MY350Z board's gallery, but that got killed sometime when ownership changed here. I'm loading them now to my smugmug acct, and I'll post the link sometime tomorrow.

I still have my Brickyard Red.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:24 PM
GQ 350z

I still remember getting mine--when I used to leave it parked outside back then, I caught people taking pictures of the parking lot...now it's all too ubiquitous. Good to see some familiar names.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
jran76

I pre-ordered a Z back in 2002. I ordered it around April, and it came in late August of 2002. I think it was around #864 (last numbers of VIN). I was probably one of the first people in Texas to get the 350Z.

I kept it for about 2 years, with some basic mods. IForged (Aero) wheels, Nismo S-tune suspension, Top Secret front diffuser, Stoptech BBK, etc. I traded the Z in for a G35 sedan that I still have. Most of the mods are still on my G35. So, I have moved on, but not too far.

I think I like the new 370Z, but I will not be ordering one this time around. I might try to pick up a used one in a few years as a second car (2010+). There is no way I would purchase a first year model Nissan/Infiniti; just too many problems. I am currently in the market for another car (daily driver), but I am looking at 335i's and G37's. I think the Z is a great car, but I don't think it makes a great daily driver. In the end, those are the two reasons I got rid of my 350Z.

I should also say that I hang out on here (and G35driver) quite a bit; at least a few times a week. I don't post much, but I have always enjoyed the site and spend lots of time reading posts. The FI forum makes good entertainment, although it gets a little nutty in there sometimes. I make it out to local meets from time to time, but as some locals can attest, it is a pretty rare sighting now days.

Last edited by jran76; 12-02-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It always fun being early adopters, along with learning and anticipating about the car on the forums.

I've found that the camaraderie of the earlier members is a bit different compared to others who join after the forum and car becomes more popular.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

Smile

Ah Pics finally loaded
http://eugenehsu.smugmug.com/photos/...AlbumKey=FgB4E

Old 12-03-2008, 02:43 AM
FrankieZZ

Originally Posted by captj3
That would be great if you still have it. PM me and let me know.

FrankieZZ Dr. bonz hangs out on 350zfrenzy. Check there for him.
Thanks !
Old 12-03-2008, 03:14 AM
FrankieZZ

Originally Posted by HEUGE

HEUGE , WELCOME HOME ! What the hell are you doing in TEXAS ? Great pictures . WHAT a flash back ! Everyone of the original group is there : Roger , Vic , Jim H. and his wife who had just driven cross country from Arizona in his Z, Tom Higgins , Nazar . Great time up at Rye Harbor, NH , filling up on great seafood . I am saving your picture presentation in my favorites and anyone else who sees themselves please respond . I can't remember all the names . Do you remember the looks we got when we lined them all up with the Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop for the photoshoot? The police were even giving us the thumbs up when they drove by . My memory is shot - you say it was April 2003 ? Did any other Z group have anything like this before April anywhere around the country or was this one of the first major 350Z get togethers ? It had to be one of the first on the East Coast . Just curious - not trying to set any records . HEUGE , you always take a mean picture . Good luck and keep in touch !

FrankieZZ
Old 12-03-2008, 03:25 AM
FrankieZZ

Originally Posted by Sensi09
It always fun being early adopters, along with learning and anticipating about the car on the forums.

I've found that the camaraderie of the earlier members is a bit different compared to others who join after the forum and car becomes more popular.
Boy , do you have that right !
Old 12-03-2008, 05:50 AM
westpak
SFZCC

ordered Feb 02 got delivery of VIN 573 on Aug 02

went through the spy missions of scafremon and trying to track ships from Japan, they were some fun times, now I just lurk most of the time the site has deteriorated rapidly with some of the morons on here now.

car has 55k miles on it and modded heavily

Old 12-03-2008, 07:43 AM
FrankieZZ

Originally Posted by westpak
ordered Feb 02 got delivery of VIN 573 on Aug 02

went through the spy missions of scafremon and trying to track ships from Japan, they were some fun times, now I just lurk most of the time the site has deteriorated rapidly with some of the morons on here now.

car has 55k miles on it and modded heavily

Westpak ,

Looks real nice ! I know what you mean about how this place has changed . Great comment on tracking the Japanese ships - I almost forgot that one . Take care and good hearing from you .

Frank

PS Enjoy the weather - it sucks here !
Old 12-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Wow, blast form the past. I still remember sleeping with the Pre-order catalog under my pillow for 6 months. I still post here every now and then. I used to be "LeMans350z". I changed my name in early 2007 to Rogue350z based on my new car.

I was the first owner to total their 350z in 2002. I got a replacement in Utah a few weeks later and drove the car until it was totaled in Jan 2007. A couple of days before it was featured on the cover of Nissan Sport. I now have a crazy show car in my 2007 roadster. I am very active in the community running three websites:

http://www.myzfrenzy.com (formerly 350zfrenzy.com)
http://www.mygfrenzy.com (formerly g35frenzy.com)
http://www.mygt-rfrenzy.com

Jeremy

Pictures of my second car:
http://www.tunerzine.com/view_articl...eature/juice-z

Last edited by Rogue350z; 12-03-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Does anyone remember the user name of the user who used to dop the hints about the Japanese ships?

I do...such fun times. We argued over every detail of the car including the cup holder, antenna, and how much HP.

J
Old 12-03-2008, 02:57 PM
westpak
SFZCC

hey Jeremy at has been a while, seems like yesterday we started this

the guy that kept dropping hints about the car and ships was RxO I believe
Old 12-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

You remember this?
Attached Images  
Old 12-04-2008, 06:07 AM
FrankieZZ

What a memory you guys have ! I do remember you - LeMans350z , but as to who did the ship reports - WOW ! Now that's really good . Hey , be careful now with your 2007 , Jeremy , ok ? We don't want a hat trick !

PS Where the hell has Dr. Bonz gone to ? I went on Z Frenzy looking for him and nothing as of yesterday . Donde esta Dr. Bonz ???????????

Last edited by FrankieZZ; 12-04-2008 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Boba

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankieZZ
What a memory you guys have ! I do remember you - LeMans350z , but as to who did the ship reports - WOW ! Now that's really good . Hey , be careful now with your 2007 , Jeremy , ok ? We don't want a hat trick !

PS Where the hell has Dr. Bonz gone to ? I went on Z Frenzy looking for him and nothing as of yesterday . Donde esta Dr. Bonz ???????????

Check that thread you made at Frenzy.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi guys, Ethan here- pre-ordered on the first day in Jan 2002, delivered in Jersey, Sept 2002. I still have my Z of course. I don't think I'll ever be able to sell any Z I own; I get too attached!

Someone was asking for pics from the huge Cape May NJ meet from April 2003. Well here you go! Can't believe how long it has been.

I was lucky enough to meet AudioPat and (Jeff) Scafremon at the 2004 MotorSport Auto Nationals show in LA:

It is always fun to meet folks from this board that you have been chatting with for a while... Since moving to Nashville, I've gotten to know the Mid-TN Z-Club guys- Adam, Doug; they are a great crew...

Z Tour came through Nashville today- too bad the weather sucked. Still, today brought back a lot of memories from 2002. Of course it is really hard to replicate the excitement from those days. Z had been out of market for so many years...Nissan was almost bankrupt & the Z was a symbol of the turnaround...and personally speaking, I had just managed to save up enough money to buy a car I had been lusting after since high school.... I used to check this site about 20 times / day, waiting for the details as they leaked out...

Hope all is well- wish I could post on here more frequently...

Where is JmanZ, Jill, Bronxwarrior, Tim, Megatron, Dr. Bonz!, Takeo, the guy with the twin turbo daytona blue Z and an oil rig in his backyard, the list goes on and on... Jeremy, I recognize your green roadster from the Z1 Show this year, but didn't get to meet you.

Ethan

Last edited by ethan84ae; 12-04-2008 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply: VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS