Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba
Check that thread you made at Frenzy.
Thanks Boba !
Old 12-05-2008, 12:48 AM
FrankieZZ

Originally Posted by ethan84ae
Hi guys, Ethan here- pre-ordered on the first day in Jan 2002, delivered in Jersey, Sept 2002. I still have my Z of course. I don't think I'll ever be able to sell any Z I own; I get too attached!

Someone was asking for pics from the huge Cape May NJ meet from April 2003. Well here you go! Can't believe how long it has been.

I was lucky enough to meet AudioPat and (Jeff) Scafremon at the 2004 MotorSport Auto Nationals show in LA:

It is always fun to meet folks from this board that you have been chatting with for a while... Since moving to Nashville, I've gotten to know the Mid-TN Z-Club guys- Adam, Doug; they are a great crew...

Z Tour came through Nashville today- too bad the weather sucked. Still, today brought back a lot of memories from 2002. Of course it is really hard to replicate the excitement from those days. Z had been out of market for so many years...Nissan was almost bankrupt & the Z was a symbol of the turnaround...and personally speaking, I had just managed to save up enough money to buy a car I had been lusting after since high school.... I used to check this site about 20 times / day, waiting for the details as they leaked out...

Hope all is well- wish I could post on here more frequently...

Where is JmanZ, Jill, Bronxwarrior, Tim, Megatron, Dr. Bonz!, Takeo, the guy with the twin turbo daytona blue Z and an oil rig in his backyard, the list goes on and on... Jeremy, I recognize your green roadster from the Z1 Show this year, but didn't get to meet you.

Ethan
Nice pics , Ethan . It seems like the Cape May , NJ and the Hampton Beach , NH tours were the first major 350z get togethers , both in April 2003 . Anyone else ahead of us in April 2003 ?
Old 12-05-2008, 05:07 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by ethan84ae
Hi guys, Ethan here- pre-ordered on the first day in Jan 2002, delivered in Jersey, Sept 2002. I still have my Z of course. I don't think I'll ever be able to sell any Z I own; I get too attached!

Someone was asking for pics from the huge Cape May NJ meet from April 2003. Well here you go! Can't believe how long it has been.

I was lucky enough to meet AudioPat and (Jeff) Scafremon at the 2004 MotorSport Auto Nationals show in LA:

It is always fun to meet folks from this board that you have been chatting with for a while... Since moving to Nashville, I've gotten to know the Mid-TN Z-Club guys- Adam, Doug; they are a great crew...

Z Tour came through Nashville today- too bad the weather sucked. Still, today brought back a lot of memories from 2002. Of course it is really hard to replicate the excitement from those days. Z had been out of market for so many years...Nissan was almost bankrupt & the Z was a symbol of the turnaround...and personally speaking, I had just managed to save up enough money to buy a car I had been lusting after since high school.... I used to check this site about 20 times / day, waiting for the details as they leaked out...

Hope all is well- wish I could post on here more frequently...

Where is JmanZ, Jill, Bronxwarrior, Tim, Megatron, Dr. Bonz!, Takeo, the guy with the twin turbo daytona blue Z and an oil rig in his backyard, the list goes on and on... Jeremy, I recognize your green roadster from the Z1 Show this year, but didn't get to meet you.

Ethan

Nice pictures. They bring back memories. It's nice to see my lemans Z in front, it still looks that good after all these years.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:03 AM
westpak
SFZCC

anyone remember the first pics of the docks that surfaced
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-350zdocks.jpg  
Old 12-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Everyone! Good to see some of the old faces! Frank found me over at Frenzy and invited me over for the "reunion".

I look back fondly at all the great times and great discussions we had here "back in the day".

I was one of the original members here. I was going to be the second or third "member number" when JmanZ opened this place up but he was in Cali and his midnight opening was really 3 AM here so by the time I got on around 6 AM, I was "only" the 19th member! I was bummed!

I preordered in Feb. 02 and took delivery Sept 02. VIN number 1496.

I have 36,000 miles on the car and it is, as you know, Supercharged and heavily modded.

Who could ever forget Scafremon's adventures sneaking into Nissan HQ to get us pics and info? Who could forget AudioPat and the Jay Leno show (Pat actually got me onto the show set and I met Jay and Kevin Eubanks!).

I remember debating life and death issues like "287 HP vs 300 hp", "how many cupholders will it have"?, "the antenna is WHERE"?, "They chose frickin' Bridgestone tires!?",

Here are some pics from my collection.

1) a pick of the splash guards that I had ordered.
2) is the little icon on the Nissan web site that was all we had to go by to order colors at the time
3)The mag. cover I saw in a rack at a convenience store that caught my eye and ultimately lead me to buy the Z
4)The famous "dock shot"
5)One of Scaf's spy shots of the car that convinced me that I had chosen the right color! (remember the infamous 562 plate?)
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-350-z-splashguards.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-350z.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-350z-magazine-cover.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-350zdocks-small-.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-actual-brickyard-car.jpg  

Old 12-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

1)The famous metal tubes that were painted the actual colors of the original 03 cars.
2)The first pic of the "carbon cloth" seats that were in my preorder. Inexplicably, leather wasn't an option in the Track edition that I had ordered.
3)The Kickplates that many of us had ordered
4)The "Sea of Z's pic"
5)Of course, the famous letter proving that I was indeed one of the CONFIRMED preorderers!
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-brickyard-color.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-carbon-cloth-seats.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-sea-of-z-s.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-z-confirmed-1.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

1) a pic that Scaf posted once of the back skeletonized that was useful to anyone thinking of modding inside.
2)My little 350Z model that one of my patients made for me. He even went to Nissan and got AX8, the paint code for Brickyard to paint it!
3) one of the most famous of the old school debates, "How many golf bags can you fit in the back" and the more famous dementions of the back pic.
4)My very first (of many) 350Z shirts.
5)My model sitting on my keyboad with the original my350Z site on screen
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-sub-space-opened-up.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-z-model.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-z-trunk-space.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-z-shirt2.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-z-modelkeyboard.jpg  

Old 12-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

The very first pics of my car when I picked it up at the dealer and then safely home in my garage.
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-5.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-6.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-7.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-9.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-10.jpg  

Old 12-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Some rear strut bar fun we had back in the day.
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-350z_mini_bar.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-cheesesteak-strut-brace-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-z-dude.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-latitia-in-back-copy.jpg  
Old 12-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

The famous Nav cubby pic (yet another big debate) and some some fun I had with Scafremon at the time.
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-empty-nav.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-fish-with-mark.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-scaf-in-nav-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-scafpirate-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-young-scaf-copy.jpg  

Old 12-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Some ZAINO fun.
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-zaino-back-3.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-zainomaster-copy2.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-yoda3.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-zaino-back-2-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-zaino-protection-copy.jpg  

Old 12-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Some misc. stuff
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-brickbreaker2-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-drac-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-fatbastardbrick-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-limo-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-zwith-trailer-copy.jpg  

Old 12-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Some old time member pics.

Remember Exsilio? He left before ever getting his Z and went instead with an M3.

Nima was a young 15 year old kid who preordered but couldn't even drive yet!

The Fonzy pic is of a guy (I don't recall his name) who posted the leather coat pic of himself that reminded me of The Fonz, so I fixed the pic a little.

Remember MaxHax (later known as 12secZ).

Balloon Z!
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-picture-5.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-fonz-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-max.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-untitled-1-copy.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

My Audio Pat collection!
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-audio-pat-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-pat-and-monkey-at-work-copy-small-.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-pat-and-monkey-washin-the-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-pat-and-mr-k-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-pat-body-copy.jpg  

Old 12-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Pat continued...
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-pat-girls-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-pat-tube-top-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-pat-under-the-z.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-pat-in-hatch-copy.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-patmag2.jpg  

Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

And so it goes. From past to present. Six years has flown by amazingly fast and I am still enjoying my car as much today as I did then.

From my very first ZDayz show in 04, I have always said after seeing some of those pristine 240Z's and 260Z's, that someday, I wanted to be that older guy with the "old" 350Z in pristine shape while strolling around the show grounds admiring all the 370Z, 400Z's and 500Z's! Now that the 370's are on their way, I am one step closer.

It's been great fun.
Attached Thumbnails VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-z-photoshop-small-.jpg   VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS-5.jpg  
Old 12-06-2008, 01:28 AM
GHOST1207

^^ Wish I couldve been there when it all started, looks like you guys had some good times man! To add something though, my obsession started back when that Motor Trend issue had one of the first pics of the Z at the time. It was silver, right then I flipped straight to the article, ogling at the pics, I was in love at first sight. Even to this day, I still recall where and when I read it; in my 6th grade English class, on my desk after i got all my work done and had free time. I forgot who gave me the mag though, but whoever it was, bless their soul, if it wasn't for he/she, idk what I'd be driving now. In my mind, I knew one day, I would own one. Nearly 7 years later, here I am. I even signed up a year before actually having enough money to finance one, but I wanted to research all I can, so I could what was best for me. To all the members who welcomed me with open arms and answered my questions or gave me advice, thanks, couldn't have been 100% sure it was the car for me without you guys.

Last edited by GHOST1207; 12-06-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:44 AM
FrankieZZ

Welcome , Dr. Bonz , and thank you for those great pics and memories - spy pics , Audio Pat and on and on and on. I propose that we make Dr. Bonz the " official historian and curator " of the Virtual Preorder 350Z Museum that I have opened up here in New Hampshire . Thanks mate and glad to hear you still have your Z .Good luck !

Frank Rapisardi

New Hampshire
Old 12-09-2008, 08:54 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

I rarely get to this forum anymore and when I think about how many times a day I used to check the site back in the day....

Doc Bonz let me know about this thread and I am so glad he did...yes he is still THE Z MAN ! We sure had a lot of laughs over Doc Bonz's pics

I remember calling a friend at NNA and arranging for them to provide a pre release car to Jay Leno for a week. I did have ulterior motives...I knew I could talk him into letting me drive it..and I did. Somewhere way back in this forum is a Thread entitled 'Jay Leno Has A Z' I think I wrote the first ever non pro review of the 350 after I took Jay's out for a lunchtime ride

And yes, the 'Zee-Bracket' license plate bracket was my idea....and they are still selling ! Sorry you didn't like yours Frankie.

I ordered my 2003 right after the L.A. auto show in Feb of 2002 and waited the obligatory 6 months....took posession October 16,2002. Still enjoy driving it and have less than 50K miles on it...never home these days.

Speaking of home..I now live in Buckeye, Arizona...just west of Phoenix. I left the Tonight Show in Jan 2004 after 10 years and pretty much just do live sports shows since then. I still do one studio show in L.A. called 'Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?'...you may have seen it.

Great seeing all the oldies again....hope you are all well and wish you a very Merry Christmas and safe travels through the new year.

Pat
Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 PM
FrankieZZ

Originally Posted by AudioPat
I rarely get to this forum anymore and when I think about how many times a day I used to check the site back in the day....

Doc Bonz let me know about this thread and I am so glad he did...yes he is still THE Z MAN ! We sure had a lot of laughs over Doc Bonz's pics

I remember calling a friend at NNA and arranging for them to provide a pre release car to Jay Leno for a week. I did have ulterior motives...I knew I could talk him into letting me drive it..and I did. Somewhere way back in this forum is a Thread entitled 'Jay Leno Has A Z' I think I wrote the first ever non pro review of the 350 after I took Jay's out for a lunchtime ride

And yes, the 'Zee-Bracket' license plate bracket was my idea....and they are still selling ! Sorry you didn't like yours Frankie.

I ordered my 2003 right after the L.A. auto show in Feb of 2002 and waited the obligatory 6 months....took posession October 16,2002. Still enjoy driving it and have less than 50K miles on it...never home these days.

Speaking of home..I now live in Buckeye, Arizona...just west of Phoenix. I left the Tonight Show in Jan 2004 after 10 years and pretty much just do live sports shows since then. I still do one studio show in L.A. called 'Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?'...you may have seen it.

Great seeing all the oldies again....hope you are all well and wish you a very Merry Christmas and safe travels through the new year.

Pat
Pat

So good to hear back from you . Just so you know , I DID like your creation ( I bought one ) , but I just preferred it on the grill ( a matter of taste I guess ) . You were definitely one of the big players . I remember everything you did and said . Ah , those impressionable years ! Glad to hear that you are still production active . Yes , have seen the show . Anyone there driving a Z ? Hope things are well for you and you are enjoying Arizona . Got out to Scottsdale a few years back from Palm Springs for the Barrett-Jackson . Maybe we can share a pint someday . If you are ever on the East Coast , look me up ( Hampton Beach , NH ) . Great hearing from you .

Frank

PS I am a retired teacher who taught at Jay's elementary school , in his room , for 18 years . What a coincidence . Jay was nice enough to donate a large sum to build our playground . He lived right around the corner from the South Elementary School , Andover , Massachusetts .

Quick Reply: VIRTUAL REUNION OF PREORDER 2003 OWNERS