Sponsored by:

Grounding Kit Raffle

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 05:40 AM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grounding Kit Raffle

In honor of reaching the 2,000 member milestone recently, the staff of 350ZFRENZY.com is raffling off two Z-Xtreme grounding kits (silver and yellow), each valued at $75.00. These kits have been generously donated by InsaneAnime. Be sure to visit his site at Z-Xtreme.com .

The Custom Engine Grounding Kit allows for cleaner data transfer to the ECU. The result is more accurate measurements by the ECU and therefore more accurate performance, smoother idle and better acceleration.

Each kit includes: [list=1]A complete and easy to follow step-by-step installation guide.[/list=1] [list=2]Six grounding cables made of 4 gauge audio quality 99.9% oxygen free high grade, high stranded copper wire. Each wire is insulated with a chemical and heat resistant coating able to withstand gasoline, oil, and temperatures of up to 125 degrees C.[/list=2] [list=3]Gold plated ring terminals which maximize the conductivity at the connection points and inhibit corrosion. Each terminal is double crimped for strength and covered with industrial polyolefin heat shrink for that professional looking finish.[/list=3] [list=4]All necessary bolts, washers, and cable ties.[/list=4]

Click here to get more information and purchase a raffle ticket
Old 09-03-2003, 05:49 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang, I already have a grounding kit.

As do a lot of others.

Victor
Old 09-03-2003, 07:10 AM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Next month we will be doing some other products.

So you can get in on the action then.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
Dang, I already have a grounding kit.

As do a lot of others.

Victor
What's your best guess Victor on the percentage of Z forum members that already have grounding kits?

I'd guess 5%. But even that is still a lot like you said. No wonder we don't here much anymore from Insaneamine at Z-Xtreme .He must be quite busy crimping cables!
Old 09-05-2003, 03:49 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by Scafremon
What's your best guess Victor on the percentage of Z forum members that already have grounding kits?

I'd guess 5%. But even that is still a lot like you said. No wonder we don't here much anymore from Insaneamine at Z-Xtreme .He must be quite busy crimping cables!
I bet his hands hurt crimping all those cables. I know mine did, when I did my first set.

I think I have scars.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:35 AM
insaneamine
Inventor
Z-Xtreme.com

In the immortal words of the Beatles…

"I have blisters on my fingers!" - Helter Skelter, The White Album

BUT I LOVE IT!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:44 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by insaneamine
In the immortal words of the Beatles…

"I have blisters on my fingers!" - Helter Skelter, The White Album

BUT I LOVE IT!!!
BWUAHAHHA!
Old 09-05-2003, 07:02 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

I musta missed it on the site, but when is the drawing date for this raffle?
Old 09-05-2003, 07:18 AM
WayneTN

Default statistically challenged?

The quality of the kit is really high it seems and, at $75, would be a good buy. However, $3 for a chance to get $75 seems unreasonable to me considering that a hundred people or more out of the 2000 members could be buying chances. This risk would only make economic sense if 25 people or less were buying chances. No offense, but it seems to me to be a game for the "statistically challenged."

I may just fork over the $75 for a sure thing instead of gambling away $3. Thanks for the offer anyway, though.

WayneTN
Old 09-05-2003, 07:28 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: statistically challenged?

Originally posted by WayneTN
However, $3 for a chance to get $75 seems unreasonable to me considering that a hundred people or more out of the 2000 members could be buying chances. This risk would only make economic sense if 25 people or less were buying chances. No offense, but it seems to me to be a game for the "statistically challenged."
Good point Wayne, although I don't think 'statistically challenged' is correct. Maybe 'probability challenged' is a bit more accurate.

I discussed your point with the site staff, and we are limiting the sale of raffle tickets to (50). Since there are (2) grounding kits being raffled off, with one ticket you have 2 chances in 50 to win, so your odds are 25:1, to win a prize 25 times your ticket value.

True odds, just like those nickle chips we put behind our Pass Line bets.

I actually think we could raise the 50-ticket limit some, and still maintain the essence of a 'raffle'. If we lowered the limit, it might change from being a 'raffle' to just being a good deal for someone to buy a couple grounding kits cheap! But I do agree that having a published limit on the ticket sales does help people realize their chance of winning, and this will hopefully allow them to have some fun with it.

So there it is. Only 50 tickets will be sold for this raffle. And we're not even sure that we will sell 50.

Thank you for your comments, as they have helped.

Last edited by Scafremon; 09-05-2003 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:11 PM
MY350Z.COM

Default Re: Re: statistically challenged?

Originally posted by Scafremon
Good point Wayne, although I don't think 'statistically challenged' is correct. Maybe 'probability challenged' is a bit more accurate.

I discussed your point with the site staff, and we are limiting the sale of raffle tickets to (50). Since there are (2) grounding kits being raffled off, with one ticket you have 2 chances in 50 to win, so your odds are 25:1, to win a prize 25 times your ticket value.

True odds, just like those nickle chips we put behind our Pass Line bets.

I actually think we could raise the 50-ticket limit some, and still maintain the essence of a 'raffle'. If we lowered the limit, it might change from being a 'raffle' to just being a good deal for someone to buy a couple grounding kits cheap! But I do agree that having a published limit on the ticket sales does help people realize their chance of winning, and this will hopefully allow them to have some fun with it.

So there it is. Only 50 tickets will be sold for this raffle. And we're not even sure that we will sell 50.

Thank you for your comments, as they have helped.
Hmnnn wonderful idea.
Old 09-07-2003, 03:05 PM
WayneTN

Good luck in your raffle on the 2 kits! I wouldn't think you would have any problem at all selling 50 chances. Thanks for listening to my suggestion, and good luck to all those who participate.

WayneTN