2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What do you hate most about your 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Moncada90
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ms350z
I see you confuse easily, as in this thread where you were asking what ghetto-*** SUV wheels to put on your 350 https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...ls-to-get.html Bling bling for you buddy... bling bling
wow!! man hahaha ur a badass, ghetto *** SUV wheels??? what wheels do u have? and what wheels do u suggest then?

bling bling??? pretty lame!!!

go play with ur rear view camera, and show everyone how badass u are backing up with a rear view camera!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
ms350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moncada90
wow!! man hahaha ur a badass, ghetto *** SUV wheels??? what wheels do u have? and what wheels do u suggest then?

bling bling??? pretty lame!!!

go play with ur rear view camera, and show everyone how badass u are backing up with a rear view camera!!!
I have the factory wheels, which Nissan chose to complement the suspension of the 350z when it was designed. The "bling bling" comment was mocking you, as you are obviously more worried about trying to impress your homies than use your brain.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Moncada90
Banned

Originally Posted by ms350z
you are obviously more worried about trying to impress your homies than use your brain.
my homies???

no im doing it for me, thats why i dont want used volks/rays. cause im not going to feel happy, i just want a more aggressive look!! the konig wheels yeahh i didn't know they were bad wheels.... but the axis are made for the 370z not a ghetto suv!! i like the concave look. the offsets are good!! and i can afford them brand new
Old 01-19-2010, 05:08 PM
blkfairlady05

i hate the lame *** floating deck.....and her fat ***. damn lose some weight you fat asian.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:43 PM
ckthepilot

the insignificant cup holders on the sides of the doors O_o

and poor placement of existing console cup holders

1st-2nd gear shift always a nuisance.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:46 PM
ArtfulDodger

I know most people don't like the cheap interior, rattles, etc.
But one of the things that bugs me so much (although I know how easily it can be fixed) is the stereo system! For a $30k+ car, you would at least expect something decent-good. The stereo system sounds exactly the same as my 03 Ford Ranger (cost $9k brand new from the dealer in 03). It's not that it's not fixable, it's just funny/annoying/frustrating that Nissan put this sound system stock in this car (don't even try to say I should have upgraded to the Blose lol).
Old 01-23-2010, 11:37 PM
xthejokerx

Originally Posted by ArtfulDodger
I know most people don't like the cheap interior, rattles, etc.
But one of the things that bugs me so much (although I know how easily it can be fixed) is the stereo system! For a $30k+ car, you would at least expect something decent-good. The stereo system sounds exactly the same as my 03 Ford Ranger (cost $9k brand new from the dealer in 03). It's not that it's not fixable, it's just funny/annoying/frustrating that Nissan put this sound system stock in this car (don't even try to say I should have upgraded to the Blose lol).
Can you please elaborate on the issues with the stock non bose stereo? I have non bose as well in my 08 and i dont think it's bad at all... am i just being grateful? I mean I turn it up and it still sounds great...
Old 01-24-2010, 02:17 AM
GHOST1207

Some enjoy a little bit more base thumping than we do, I too have a Bose and loving it.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:02 AM
lethal3

Many of you dont like the cupholder, but i think you should be happy ! because in my euro spec there are NONE
Old 01-24-2010, 03:20 AM
screener
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The A/C design sucks. The damn thing turns itself on, I think I can handle choosing when I need the A/C on.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:02 AM
xthejokerx

Originally Posted by beddow
The A/C design sucks. The damn thing turns itself on, I think I can handle choosing when I need the A/C on.
How so? Are you talking about whenever you up the **** a few degrees from OFF that it automatically turns on your AC? Yeah that kinda annoys me because I don't turn on AC. The car gets enough cold air from the outside and it doesnt even need the ac to generate it <-------- one more thing I love about this car
Old 01-24-2010, 10:09 AM
ArtfulDodger

Originally Posted by xthejokerx
Can you please elaborate on the issues with the stock non bose stereo? I have non bose as well in my 08 and i dont think it's bad at all... am i just being grateful? I mean I turn it up and it still sounds great...
Although I cannot speak for the 08's, I have an 03. And the quality is just terrible, but the worst is the bass will vibrate random parts of the car (ceiling, handle, door trim. The rear speakers were even unplugged because they just sounded so bad. The bass on the stock is terrible I don't expect great depth, but not a little pop, come on.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:33 AM
screener
Banned

Originally Posted by xthejokerx
How so? Are you talking about whenever you up the **** a few degrees from OFF that it automatically turns on your AC? Yeah that kinda annoys me because I don't turn on AC. The car gets enough cold air from the outside and it doesnt even need the ac to generate it <-------- one more thing I love about this car
Thats pretty much it. It could be 30 deg outside, you have it set to vent say 80 deg heater with a low setting on the fan. Then once it get toasty enough inside and you drop the deg. to about 73, 10 sec later damn car thought you wanted to be cold all over again. Even sets it to recirculate the air.

Just a horrible design, just give me some *****, I'll figure it out.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Sablelieger

What I hate the most about my 350Z?

That it didn't come with turbos from the factory; othert than that? i dig mine.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:38 PM
MikeBit

Nobody mentioned:

~ The WINDOW GREASE EVERY TIME YOU ROLL THE WINDOW DOWN. My driver's side had to be cleaned TWICE already and the **** STILL does it after a few weeks too afraid to get rid of the culprit because I worry my window will scratch (I have tints)

~ Yes, yes yes yes on the 1st - 2nd gear shift. Clutch is very mean. It's a lot easier after 2nd, but even going to 3rd and 4th you still might get an uncomfortable shift. Takes time getting used to.

~ Paint quality as everyone else has stated. Ridiculous.

~ I too, just like a previous poster, worry too much about my car. I don't like parking it in public places at all.

~ Plastic interior, of course. But I get no rattle like many of you do.

~ Glove compartment would be great... always a nuisance reaching behind the passenger seat to that small panel.

~ Cup holders lol. Wtf?

~ Trunk release from inside the car is bogus as hell. You have to reach allllll the way back there. You have to bend so far over as if you're about to take it up the @$$hole and pull the lever. A switch next to the hood release/fuel door release would have made it much, much simpler.

~ No HID's on Base 03

~ Stock sound system is absolute sh*t. I can't even hear certain frequencies on many songs. A must change.

I've been very fortunate with insurance and whatnot. My insurance for full coverage is 1050/year. I don't have the window motor issues either. But since I still get some grease on my window, I tend to avoid putting my windows down. The AC coming on isn't really annoying to me... it's not hard to press a button and turn it off. Also, the blindspots/rear view don't bother me because I'm an experienced driver with dealing with those. I used to drive a base 94 eclipse with similar characteristics so I'm very comfortable with the Z.

I love the Z though, regardless of these. They don't bother me too much. What bothers me most is worrying about my car. I don't want anyone touching my baby when I'm not around !!!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:05 AM
screener
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeBit
Nobody mentioned:

~ The WINDOW GREASE EVERY TIME YOU ROLL THE WINDOW DOWN. My driver's side had to be cleaned TWICE already and the **** STILL does it after a few weeks too afraid to get rid of the culprit because I worry my window will scratch (I have tints)

~ Yes, yes yes yes on the 1st - 2nd gear shift. Clutch is very mean. It's a lot easier after 2nd, but even going to 3rd and 4th you still might get an uncomfortable shift. Takes time getting used to.

~ Paint quality as everyone else has stated. Ridiculous.

~ I too, just like a previous poster, worry too much about my car. I don't like parking it in public places at all.

~ Plastic interior, of course. But I get no rattle like many of you do.

~ Glove compartment would be great... always a nuisance reaching behind the passenger seat to that small panel.

~ Cup holders lol. Wtf?

~ Trunk release from inside the car is bogus as hell. You have to reach allllll the way back there. You have to bend so far over as if you're about to take it up the @$$hole and pull the lever. A switch next to the hood release/fuel door release would have made it much, much simpler.

~ No HID's on Base 03

~ Stock sound system is absolute sh*t. I can't even hear certain frequencies on many songs. A must change.

I've been very fortunate with insurance and whatnot. My insurance for full coverage is 1050/year. I don't have the window motor issues either. But since I still get some grease on my window, I tend to avoid putting my windows down. The AC coming on isn't really annoying to me... it's not hard to press a button and turn it off. Also, the blindspots/rear view don't bother me because I'm an experienced driver with dealing with those. I used to drive a base 94 eclipse with similar characteristics so I'm very comfortable with the Z.

I love the Z though, regardless of these. They don't bother me too much. What bothers me most is worrying about my car. I don't want anyone touching my baby when I'm not around !!!
My god why did you buy a 350z? Thats a novel of stuff, haha. I'm on my second 350z now and I have only the A/C to complain about.

O by the way the inside trunk release is located on your key fob.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:37 AM
jeff91ta

- engine power
Old 01-25-2010, 06:38 AM
UnitedBreaks

1) The latch to open the console. It is cheap and it has begun to scratch @ 15k miles.
2) The throwout bearing noise.
3) The 07-08 CSC issue.
4) When I put my head back on the headrest, I can feel the bottom part of the rest stick through the center of the seat into my back.
5) Trunk space. The 370z fixes this.
6) When the driver side window is rolled down and I close my door, the noise it makes sounds like i'm driving a ford fiesta.

That's it.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:47 PM
zard

Originally Posted by jeff91ta
- engine power
Do you mean the tremendous amount of available power? Or the lack of?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:04 PM

1.) some of the cheap materials they decided to use.(door panels, flimsy *** cup holder, material that scratches so easily)
2.) how much money you have to put into it to get some descent hp gains

not complaining but would have been better if they made it a little nicer on the inside other than that i really love the car.

Quick Reply: What do you hate most about your 350z?