What have you done for your Z today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 02:06 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by HRMoneyPit
New cats......and here I am with mine in the closet lol
My new ones have been sitting in my basement for over a year. I got them black friday special 2015.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:09 PM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by HRMoneyPit
New cats......and here I am with mine in the closet lol
Haha mbn

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
So thats what the heat shield is supposed to look like... Mine rusted off before I got the car... How was that access to the 02 sensor on the manifold? Or did you just swap out the ones on the cat?
If you're swapping out the cats, the upstream (pre-cat/manifold) o2 sensors are easier to get to from below; plugging them in is done from above as expected
Old 02-02-2017, 03:58 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Originally Posted by pyshin
If you're swapping out the cats, the upstream (pre-cat/manifold) o2 sensors are easier to get to from below; plugging them in is done from above as expected
Right... in sunny socal thats how it works

In rusty western Mass its a different story... I did manage to get all my 02 sensors off with only one casualty though.
The following users liked this post:
pyshin (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 06:29 PM
viennasound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is actually healing quite well... no stitches or anything... just had it wrapped, a lot

Old 02-02-2017, 08:17 PM
ZbeginninG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

New brake pads and new tires continental extreme contact dw 265/35 19 and 275/35 19
Old 02-03-2017, 02:11 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

I just lowered my Cd.

Before:

Hey, don't judge... the car's been sitting outside through our massive rainstorms! And besides, see last pic.

After:

Note the color diff between the bumper and body but it's never been re-sprayed. This is part of the reason I'm finally re-doing it.

Yeah, I know.... "So uhh, Mic, what exactly did you do that you want me to see?" Laff...

The lip, man! The lip!! Gonna enable me to cross that magical 197mph mark dontcha-know-it! Yeah, OK, it's seems silly but hey, cost me $16 for a genuine Nissan accessory, so what's the big deal?

So, maybe I'll go ahead and install the spoiler I got a while back, while doing the front bumper/lights/other stuff. Then I might be able to go over 200mph!!

But I'll probably have to use duck tape instead of masking tape to affix it.

And finally... get off my back people, it all shiny up now, OK?!?

Laff....... must be Friday.

Go Packers!!

Wait, what?
Old 02-03-2017, 02:16 PM
pyshin

I like it when you day-drink. Or smoke. Whatever y'all do up there in NorCal.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:45 PM
90nissanS13

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
I just lowered my Cd.

Before:

Hey, don't judge... the car's been sitting outside through our massive rainstorms! And besides, see last pic.

After:

Note the color diff between the bumper and body but it's never been re-sprayed. This is part of the reason I'm finally re-doing it.

Yeah, I know.... "So uhh, Mic, what exactly did you do that you want me to see?" Laff...

The lip, man! The lip!! Gonna enable me to cross that magical 197mph mark dontcha-know-it! Yeah, OK, it's seems silly but hey, cost me $16 for a genuine Nissan accessory, so what's the big deal?

So, maybe I'll go ahead and install the spoiler I got a while back, while doing the front bumper/lights/other stuff. Then I might be able to go over 200mph!!

Go Packers!!

Wait, what?
.30 down to .298
Old 02-03-2017, 03:39 PM
the rook

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
I just lowered my Cd.

Before:

After:

Go Packers!!

Wait, what?

Hey man it's funny you mention that about the paint because I just had my car looked at by a body shop for a little bit of possible Fender work and I pointed out to him that my bumpers were a slightly different shade of grey as well as my running boards. I knew that one of the side panels running boards had been repainted because it had been hit by a hockey stick but I had not been informed about anything on the bumpers. He told me that here in Colorado with the altitude and the proximity to the Sun that the plastic and metal parts of the car paid at a different rate and that almost always your plastic parts will begin to look up different color from the rest of your car. Just a heads up in case that might be the same issue that you're having.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:38 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

I like it when you day-drink. Or smoke. Whatever y'all do up there in NorCal.

Excuse me? Sorry, was doing some yoga, meditating then took a nap. Ommmmmmmm. Far out man....

Oh, and it's legal now.

Originally Posted by 90nissanS13

.30 down to .298
Well, hells bells, if it helps me get to 197, who cares about those numbers?

Originally Posted by the rook
Hey man it's funny you mention that about the paint because I just had my car looked at by a body shop for a little bit of possible Fender work and I pointed out to him that my bumpers were a slightly different shade of grey as well as my running boards. I knew that one of the side panels running boards had been repainted because it had been hit by a hockey stick but I had not been informed about anything on the bumpers. He told me that here in Colorado with the altitude and the proximity to the Sun that the plastic and metal parts of the car paid at a different rate and that almost always your plastic parts will begin to look up different color from the rest of your car. Just a heads up in case that might be the same issue that you're having.
Yeah, thanks. That's all true due to the substrate it's painted on, metal versus plastic. (Or so I've been told and read). The materials supposedly have different properties that can cause this: heat retention and dissipation that alter the drying times (and similar events) that, when new, are perfectly fine and remain as such through the *average* life of a car. But then, the rate of color change (fade or other) seems to accelerate with age.

That's the theory anyhow.

Another one is how silver colors, historically, tend to fade faster on different surfaces than other colors. Has something to do with the metallics in the paint and oxidation.

Again, more theory.

Either way, mine is funked up and is going in for a facelift this quarter sometime. Depends on when I get my lighting parts and swap out and build 'em up. Only talking about ballasts and bulbs but still, with new year budgets in place, my client companies now want their shid YESTERDAY!
Old 02-03-2017, 04:45 PM
No_name

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Ordered hood damper kit
Old 02-03-2017, 04:51 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Sooooo I just went to AutoZone to get oil and a filter for my honda... Didnt end up getting anything but got some remanufactured front calipers that should be in tomorrow... They best say brembo on them or im getting a refund... Hard to believe that they are going to give me a lifetime warranty on some remanufactured brembos for $165 each... We will see how this goes.

I could get $130 back on the pair if I give them my core... I might just keep them though.

Last edited by dboyzalter; 02-03-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:04 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Set my coils a little better. Still too low for me... and it hasn't even squatted yet so it's just ganna get lower

Name:  5319FE5A-DBAE-4416-AFC4-EB820C01F889_zpsx3v8snpa.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  102.5 KB

Name:  A10B0349-2A77-421C-8248-854E1CD4E9F5_zpspcckjkby.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  90.8 KB

Last edited by CK_32; 02-03-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:18 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Test fit... Worked good once I took that stupid bolt out of the front rotor. Took me a few attempts before realizing the problem.

Last edited by dboyzalter; 02-04-2017 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:32 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

AutoZone brembos turned out to be replica calipers, still not a bad deal but I returned them. Kinda sucks I was hoping for just rebuilt actual calipers.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:49 AM
coletrickle74

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Going to test fit the other 3 RPF1s with Akebonos today. Hopefully won't have to go for the dremel again. Then its a test drive, probably should of done the brakes, sway bars, and differential bushings separate in case I have some noises or vibration
Old 02-04-2017, 08:14 AM
pyshin

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
AutoZone brembos turned out to be replica calipers, still not a bad deal but I returned them. Kinda sucks I was hoping for just rebuilt actual calipers.
I believe only Centric reman'd actual Brembo calipers & they stopped years ago iirc
Old 02-04-2017, 08:56 AM
aj555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Working on the timing cover today!
Unless...
Reason for working on the timing cover was for the reason of replacing my pump on the car for the first time (first project car) and didnt turn the crank far enough to have one side tight and one side loose. Was trying to be too careful...anyways. I felt the slack, tighten up/shift when I pushed on side. I am taking this as I had jumped a tooth potentially? Can anyone help me out? Just wondering if I can save myself a headache!

Alex
Old 02-04-2017, 09:07 AM
90nissanS13

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

I believe only Centric reman'd actual Brembo calipers & they stopped years ago iirc
I'm pretty sure you are correct. Centric produce a lot of OEM spec brake parts for a bunch of MFGs. I had a set of 4 piston, front calipers for a RL type-s which were centric. They were no less than a Brembo.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:46 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Originally Posted by aj555
Working on the timing cover today!
Unless...
Reason for working on the timing cover was for the reason of replacing my pump on the car for the first time (first project car) and didnt turn the crank far enough to have one side tight and one side loose. Was trying to be too careful...anyways. I felt the slack, tighten up/shift when I pushed on side. I am taking this as I had jumped a tooth potentially? Can anyone help me out? Just wondering if I can save myself a headache!

Alex
No way for us to know if you skipped a tooth is your front timing cover off?

Because you didnt need to remove all that to replace just the water pump..

Anywho... Just cleaned up some parts.

Now im going to go take the car cover off the car and hope it starts and take it for its short by weakly ride.

Quick Reply: What have you done for your Z today?