Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What have you done for your Z today?

Old 02-06-2017, 12:08 PM
the rook

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by CK_32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WsS79_M-ac

Go to 0:46.. That bolt comes out on OEM springs no problem. But with my new coils, being stiffer and having more and tighter coils. That bolt doesn't fit through the coil spacing. And needs about 1/2" of the bolt to passs the coil to be removed.

As you can see the coils are much tighter on the B14's.. where the OEM was a cake walk due to the spring spread.

And of course the bolt has to pass through the very top and last coil section where it starts to close off.

That ONE bolt literally is 90% of the time spend on this install/removal. I think I've spend 4 total hours on that one bolt on each side. Through out my 6 hours total of install/uninstalling my suspension. Because either the coil is in the way... Or the arm isn't at the right angle to let the bolt pass through.

The rest of the time is mostly trying to find where I put down the last tool/socket I need
I compressed my Springs using two large flat files and my table vice. Ghetto AF but it worked. Lol
The following users liked this post:
WYZIWYG (02-10-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 12:20 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

I tried that as well but with a crap ton of zip ties and my many of men strength...

Still a PITA.. Not to mention to make that remotely possible I have to adjust and basically unload the springs fully which takes about 10 min each on its own.

All for that one dam bolt.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:45 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

I never unbolted my upper control arm. I cut my oem spring in half and it came right out... Then when I installed I just put them at max low and had my wife push down on a big *** pry bar while I manipulated it in...

Only hickup I had was at one point I got my hand stuck between the top hat and the car and I couldn't mive for a few minutes till my wife listened to my screaming and came out and got me unstuck..
Old 02-07-2017, 07:51 PM
DBurnsZ

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Took off the gunmetal grey Plastidip from the previous owner..and let's just say the wheels have seen better days lol..looks like they tried to sand them down b4 dipping them..1 out of the 4 look good though

Old 02-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Dillon Vang

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Make some custom splash guards with cardboard...lol

Excuse the zip ties but it WORKS! For any other Z buddies that are lowered or have their fender liners gone this is inexpensive and great mod to save your headlights from condensation.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:36 AM
Grandpa Yeti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a zex nitrous kit for my 06' touring.

Last edited by Grandpa Yeti; 02-09-2017 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:50 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Originally Posted by Dillon Vang

Excuse the zip ties but it WORKS! For any other Z buddies that are lowered or have their fender liners gone this is inexpensive and great mod to save your headlights from condensation.
Wow that is horrible, you could at least use some hard board or literally anything would be better than cardboard...

And my man your finger nails are longer than my wifes after she gets a full set. You a super hero?
Old 02-09-2017, 04:53 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,043 Likes on 6,509 Posts

i wouldnt consider it a mod, as much as i would call it rigging up something because you slammed your car for swag points

The following users liked this post:
slow7 (02-10-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 04:58 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Originally Posted by travlee

That almost looks like the same dude without the Freddy finger nails... Thats good.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Dillon Vang

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Wow that is horrible, you could at least use some hard board or literally anything would be better than cardboard...

And my man your finger nails are longer than my wifes after she gets a full set. You a super hero?

LOL! Sorry for the long finger nails I'm a musician and I play classical guitars, being the reason I need my nails.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:56 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In search of solving a misfire, I got around today to doing my spark plugs. First one I pull, right in front of driver, is filled to the rim with oil. Ugh!! So for what I read valve covers is now the job.

It seems I will be spending some quality time with my engine.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:24 PM
coletrickle74

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

What in the **** is that video. Here I am just throwing my amazon boxes in the trash. Gonna make a sweet spoiler now
Old 02-09-2017, 05:37 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Not much to do when it's pouring rain.

Oh wait, I know, mod those "Enkei wheel caps" I got to fit the "pseudo Enkeis"...

OK, busted, so they're not really Enkei caps. But I just couldn't stand the hub bolt being exposed so I "modified" (ooooooo, so JDMAF!) these cheap azz replicas to fit. Hey, don't judge me... it's the wheels that are real! And I'm not going spend 10% (~$250) of the cost of the wheels for a set of "genuine" AME caps, thanks.

Despite my rework of the back clips, they'll prolly still fly off on the first serious corner but at least I won't have to look at that ugly bolt.

Yes, I tried my RPF1 caps on 'em and they're about 3mm too big. Psh.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:46 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Not much to do when it's pouring rain.
O did you get rain today... So sorry for you.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:27 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

LOL! Sorry for the long finger nails I'm a musician and I play classical guitars, being the reason I need my nails.
And that, folks, was the most righteous response to a "poke-fun-at" post EVER. And that's coming from a guy who gets poked fun at a lot. (Because I bring it upon myself...intentionally. Gotta keep my head small so I can fit through doors, I'm that good. Hahahahahahaha!)

But seriously... Don't apologize, those are your tools of the trade. That's cool, bro, keep on makin' that music!
Old 02-09-2017, 06:43 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Here's the thing, Mike.... you guys get snow and stuff EVERY YEAR so you're used to it and know how to deal with inclement weather. We, OTOH, have been in deep drought for many years now and the man made infrastructure that we have to deal with rain has proven to be woefully inadequate against or to control the ravages of Ma Nature.

We've had more rain in the last month than probably the last 10 YEARS combined. And I don't think I'm exaggerating too much.

Where I am, not much worry. But up to the North (Marin, Sonoma counties, etc.), they are hurtin' with flash floods and rivers going over flood stage regularly now. Trees down from root systems water starved and weak. Power lines both above and below ground jeopardized with outages everywhere. Several mudslides and houses being crushed/destroyed.

Also to the South of me in the Santa Cruz Mountains - where I run my cars regularly - they're having similar problems with days of 6-8" of rain. S'matter of fact they're still clearing/shoring up the hill that came down onto Hwy 17, flipping a car over (driver's OK) and closing the main 4-lane road between San Jose and Santa Cruz in both directions.

So yeah, when we get rain, we talk about it. Both good and bad.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:46 PM
the rook

Knock on wood but here in southern Colorado we are having the mildest Feb in 5 years. I detailed my car in the warm sun today........ not to rub it in or anything

What have you done for your Z today?-20170209_170250.jpg
And I could shave in the reflection of my paint after finishing with griots spray shine. That s@#% is amazing!!!
Old 02-09-2017, 07:49 PM
the rook

Here's the thing, Mike.... you guys get snow and stuff EVERY YEAR so you're used to it and know how to deal with inclement weather. We, OTOH, have been in deep drought for many years now and the man made infrastructure that we have to deal with rain has proven to be woefully inadequate against or to control the ravages of Ma Nature.

We've had more rain in the last month than probably the last 10 YEARS combined. And I don't think I'm exaggerating too much.

Where I am, not much worry. But up to the North (Marin, Sonoma counties, etc.), they are hurtin' with flash floods and rivers going over flood stage regularly now. Trees down from root systems water starved and weak. Power lines both above and below ground jeopardized with outages everywhere. Several mudslides and houses being crushed/destroyed.

Also to the South of me in the Santa Cruz Mountains - where I run my cars regularly - they're having similar problems with days of 6-8" of rain. S'matter of fact they're still clearing/shoring up the hill that came down onto Hwy 17, flipping a car over (driver's OK) and closing the main 4-lane road between San Jose and Santa Cruz in both directions.

I got you bro. You can still cruise
What have you done for your Z today?-20170209_214715.png
Old 02-09-2017, 08:02 PM
the rook

All kidding aside, I hope everyone is alright your way.
I grew up on the Gulf Coast and I have seen many a hurricane and tropical storm. Massive flooding ain't nothing nice.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:16 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

After I posted that I went to bed and watched the local news... They talked about our 12-18 inches of snow then showed a dude in California getting rescued from his pick-up truck in a flooded out road that was getting carried away...

And I was like dick move Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done for your Z today?