Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got to see the Z inperson today!! (long interior review from an Audi owner)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 05:32 PM
mattyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got to see the Z inperson today!! (long interior review from an Audi owner)

Allright fellas, here is the story...sorry if it is a bit long, I can't help it, i'm so excited

I called the 3 local dealers here in CT because I noticed on Nissandriven that a few Z's were showing up in inventory...called Bob Sharp Nissan in Wilton, CT at lunch time...recieved a call back 2 hours later...yes, 2 preorder Z's just arrived off the truck!!!

Got off of work early and headed to the dealer...as I'm pulling in I see them...a Super Black and a Chrome Silver just sitting there...it was like they were waiting to welcome me

It was perfect...the dealership was empty...I got out of my car and started to inspect the cars...here is my overall review:

Exterior

It was weird actually seeing the Z after pouring over the dozens of photos the last few months...first impression...wow, this thing looks mean...it was bigger than expected, and wide! They had a great stance...The Super Black was a touring 6-speed with the Burnt Orange seats. Two things I decided on after seeing them in person. The aero package is a MUST!!! The spoiler looked sweet! Also, the silver had the splash guards...didn't like em...overall, the exterior was as beautiful as expected...especially the black...absolutely awesome looking!

Interior

Now to the subject of much debate...the interior...let me give you a little background...I drove to the dealer in my 2002 Audi A4 3.0, fully loaded, Platinum lether interior...so I figured it would be nice to do a side by side comparison...I walked into the dealer and asked the salesman if I could see inside...I thought they weren't going to let me since these were sold preorders, but he said "sure!" He grabbed the keys and we opened up the silver which was a base model. First off, let me say, I really liked the interior!!! The cloth carbon seats were AWESOME!!!! Easily the best seats I have ever sat in!!! The were very comfortable, yet still very sporty, I loved them. I sat inside, and was very pleased with the layout. The ergonomics were great. All of the switches felt very solid...very Audi like The guages were very nice looking and I loved the steering wheel. The shifter was comfy and the throws were so short!!! The clutch feel was stiff, stiffer than my Audi and even my step fathers 330xi. I think the main source of discontent with the interior is the dash/door materials...Nissan uses that hard plastic material where as Audi uses that hard rubber material that has give to it...yeah the Audi stuff looks and feels better but who cares!!! And as for the Nav door, I didn't mind it at all...Opening it is actually nice, its just when you close it, it feels a little wobbly...big woop!!Overall, I really liked the interior much more than I thought I would...and remember this is coming from a snobby Audi owner ...for a comparison I stopped by my Audi/Porsche dealer after and checked out the boxster interior...and the Z's is much nicer!!!!

Overall, I now am completely, unabashadly in love with the 350z!!! The only concerns i had were about the interior "Could it really be that bad?" Well guess what...it is not bad at all!!! In fact...I think its nicer than an RSX, my step fathers Bimmer and many other cars I've been in....thats it, I'm Z crazy....damn this web site!!!

Oh yeah...the sales manager said I can order tomorrow and expect deliver by late November

Sorry so long fellas, I feel yoo're the only people I can talk to about this!!!

Oh yeah...all this and I haven't even driven it yet!!! That will only send me to the friggin moon
Old 09-04-2002, 05:57 PM
CoachZ

Matt,

Thanks for the review (and the respect)! Great to get the luxury owner's point of view. Enjoy your new Z when you get it...

Josh
Old 09-04-2002, 06:18 PM
ncrecordkeeper

Uh-oh...call in Dr. Bonz....we've got another patient with Z-itis.
Old 09-05-2002, 12:33 PM
mattyZ

If any CT preorders get their Z soon....please take me for a ride!!!

I'm in love and I haven't even heard the damn thing yet

Seriously, when you CT guys start getting your Z's...lets set up a meet...even though I won't have a Z
Old 09-05-2002, 12:42 PM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

Default Re: Finally got to see the Z inperson today!! (long interior review from an Audi owner)

Originally posted by mattyZ
....thats it, I'm Z crazy....damn this web site!!!
Oh no your not! I'm Z CRAZY!!!

j/k