Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What is the most pointless part of the car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 01:04 PM
ZpikeZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the most pointless part of the car?

After washing my car today I finally noticed the driver's side lock (where you put the key in) ... I think after almost a year of ownership this is the first time I really noticed it because I always lock/unlock with the automatic hand-held device thingie. So that brings up a question ... what part of the Z do you think is the most pointless? I vote for that cause I have never used it once. Other pointless items include:

1) The flimsey passenger side cup holder
2) Any buttons on the steering wheel cause i never touch them
3) The inside trunk release
4) The rear wiper

If you can think of anymore let me know!
Old 11-27-2003, 02:50 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where is the inside trunk release?
Old 11-27-2003, 02:57 PM
lowtempo

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Someties when using the turn signal I can accidently turn off my headlights. I think the headlight device is way too loose......

Also, the turn signal sounds are way too low......I have caught myself driving with the blinker on manytimes....
Old 11-27-2003, 03:18 PM
ZpikeZ

Originally posted by MyZ4U2C
Where is the inside trunk release?
There is a cord underneath the stabilizer bar in the trunk you are supposed to pull. I wouldn't touch it unless you have too, cause you might start to get an annoying rattle if you loosen it up.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:20 PM
cwerdna

Default Re: What is the most pointless part of the car?

Originally posted by ZpikeZ
After washing my car today I finally noticed the driver's side lock (where you put the key in) ... I think after almost a year of ownership this is the first time I really noticed it because I always lock/unlock with the automatic hand-held device thingie. So that brings up a question ... what part of the Z do you think is the most pointless? I vote for that cause I have never used it once. Other pointless items include:

1) The flimsey passenger side cup holder
2) Any buttons on the steering wheel cause i never touch them
3) The inside trunk release
4) The rear wiper
I don't use the keyhole, but you'll have to if your remote battery or car battery dies. As for the above items, I use 1, 2, and 4. #3 I'll probably never use unless there's some sort of electrical failure or I get into a wreck.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:26 PM
ZpikeZ

I use the rear wiper occasionally when it rains, but it's just so damn ugly ... i'd yank that sucker off if i could!!!
Old 11-27-2003, 03:48 PM
devildoc

Default you can!

Originally posted by ZpikeZ
I use the rear wiper occasionally when it rains, but it's just so damn ugly ... i'd yank that sucker off if i could!!!
Someone here did an excellent write up on the whole process for removing the rear wiper.

Another vote for the passenger side drink holder. I'd be nervous as hell if I ever had a drink in there. I just use it to hang my air freshners from
Old 11-27-2003, 03:59 PM
SweatyPalm

Originally posted by lowtempo
Someties when using the turn signal I can accidently turn off my headlights. I think the headlight device is way too loose......

Also, the turn signal sounds are way too low......I have caught myself driving with the blinker on manytimes....

May be you should have your ears checked. The signal sound is at nice decibel level.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:21 PM
Yielar

I sure wouldn't want the signal sound to be any louder that's forsure. It can get annoying as is.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:55 PM
03 Z for ME

I car pool to work. My passenger has always asked, why don't you have a cup holder? (I told hin the little push button thing on the passenger side, (the actual cup holder) was a fuse panel.)

No WAY I'd EVER want ANY passengers actually drinking anything in my Z, let alone actually attempting to use the CUP HOLDER....
Old 11-27-2003, 05:55 PM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Headlight TOO LOOSE

Originally posted by lowtempo

Darn straight.

At least twice now I was driving fast at night switching from high beams to low beams (oncoming cars) and WHAM the headlights go out!!!

That headlight switch turns WAY to easy to be on the stalk with the turns and high beams.

It is pretty feaky when the road goes BLACK at 70 mph.

Old 11-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Mikestro

Originally posted by 03 Z for ME
I car pool to work. My passenger has always asked, why don't you have a cup holder? (I told hin the little push button thing on the passenger side, (the actual cup holder) was a fuse panel.)
This is the most bad *** idea I have seen on this forum in 6 months. Thumbs up to you!!
Old 11-27-2003, 08:17 PM
rouxeny

I've actually used the passenger cup holder. It's pretty flimsy, but it holds a coke bottle without any difficulty.

It is however, very uncommon for me to be drinking anything other than water while in the car. At least if I spill that, it's pretty clean.

I wish the interior trunk release was a little better designed. I think the one you're talking about is strictly for emergencies, I don't think it was designed for everyday use. I'm not even sure I could find/reach it.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:46 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I think they could design the sunglass holder in the ceiling to hold a pr of sunglasses or am i the only one that cant get any of my sunglasses to fit in there?
Old 11-27-2003, 11:02 PM
joust75

Originally posted by zland
I think they could design the sunglass holder in the ceiling to hold a pr of sunglasses or am i the only one that cant get any of my sunglasses to fit in there?

LOL you beat me to it! I have 3 pairs of glasses and none of them fit in that stupid space. good job Nissan!
Old 11-28-2003, 12:13 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

It fits my OAKLEYS just fine... so no complaints from here... the pass. cup holder is used way more than the stupid cup holders on the center console... those are way in the back... and are pointless (if you're alone)
Old 11-28-2003, 12:14 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All my sunglasses fit in there just fine and some of them are pretty big. WTF kind of sunglasses do you have that they dont fit!

The passenger cup holder is key, it holds my Treo 600 perfectly!
Old 11-28-2003, 01:03 AM
hornet59

I use the passenger side cup holder on occassion. The cup holder in the center console is a waste. I think it was an after thought to put it there. The sunglass holder holds my Oakleys just fine. My Viper alarm takes care of the rear hatch opening problem. I just press a button and *poof* the hatch is open.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:49 AM
ZpikeZ

Originally posted by hornet59
I use the passenger side cup holder on occassion. The cup holder in the center console is a waste. I think it was an after thought to put it there. The sunglass holder holds my Oakleys just fine. My Viper alarm takes care of the rear hatch opening problem. I just press a button and *poof* the hatch is open.
I went to AC with a damn fine chick to stay the night when my Z had less than 500 miles on it ... we stopped at a 7-11 and she got COFFEE and decided to put it in the passenger side cup holder. I first told her "NO, you're gonna drink it in the parking lot before we leave," but then I thought to myself, "she is hot, we are spending the night together in a hotel, I'd better let her do what she wants!" I think I drove 65 mph the whole way down and was looking nervously at that cup of coffee tipping over. What a predicament I was in!
Old 11-28-2003, 07:13 AM
johnlotusboy

The rear view mirror is not needed.

From Gumball Rally "What's behind me makes no difference"

Actually, the auto dim feature works poorly. I'm thinking about modding it so I have a variable dimmer **** sticking out of the windshield side of mirror. This will allow me to set the level of darkness at night.

Quick Reply: What is the most pointless part of the car?