Sponsored by:

Rear ended on I-95

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:55 AM
omniskillz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear ended on I-95

Hello All,
my 05 touring with 17.8k miles on it got rear ended into the car in front of me.
Compared to some of the people here, my accident was slight. Still a pain in the *** to deal with. It happened during rush hour, left lane. Jeep Cherokee in front of me came to a fast halt and I stopped in time, then I heard tires screeching, I got popped in the back and pushed underneath the jeep.

Happened on friday, filed a claim but local claim rep won't get back to me til monday.

Was wondering with all the experiences people have here how much it would cost to get the front bumper, hood and rear bumper fixed? also I have a motordyne shockwave v1 and the left pipe got pushed in and driving home the exhaust didn't sound right, plus the car seemed shaky at 60mph.

also wanted to know what I should look out for under the car etc...
thanks in advance.

here are some pics.

Last edited by omniskillz; 02-19-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:07 AM
R350Zz33

well you can upgrade to somthing nicer and get ride of that grill make sure u mention the exhust and the bumper ( rear i was qouted anywhere from 1k-1500 but my car is black hood you can find some used maybe a carbon fiber one same thing with front get a qoute from some shops while you wait thats what i always do they will try and make you use there shop but pick one u like
Old 02-19-2012, 10:16 AM
xman2yman

I got rear ended last summer and the job ended up costing 3k for replacement of the bumper exhaust on of the taillights and paint. This was all oem items too. Wish i would've taken the time to find other items ti replace it with looking back now. Have a trust worthy shop look at it and make sure they look at everything. sometime the oddest things get affected but minor accidents. make sure your radio amp is working properly since its also located in the rear.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:19 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by R350Zz33
well you can upgrade to somthing nicer and get ride of that grill make sure u mention the exhust and the bumper ( rear i was qouted anywhere from 1k-1500 but my car is black hood you can find some used maybe a carbon fiber one same thing with front get a qoute from some shops while you wait thats what i always do they will try and make you use there shop but pick one u like
Why would the OP want to buy used when someone else is paying for it?
And as far as that goes, since someone else is charging for it, no one here has any idea on what the damage will cost to repair. Why should you even care???Just go over your car with a fine toothed comb and make sure it all gets fixed. Doesn't look all that bad other than the obvious damage but try to hook up with someone local who needed body work etc and get some recommendations on where to take it - where they will look out for YOU and not the other persons insurance company.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Suwaidi

Sorry to hear about your accident - Philly drivers are notorious for their annoying quick stops. Check out 'Executive Auto Salon' - They do body repair, detailing etc. and they have REALLY good reviews. - http://www.executiveautosalon.com

Good luck with your fix!
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks like body kit time!!!
and i have a brand new cf hood if interested.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:32 PM
omniskillz

don't understand the body kit advice... doesn't the insurance company dictate what parts you get? I'd assume it will be oem. I'll have to talk to my claim rep about the exhaust and tires. my front right tire has a chunk of rubber melted in with asphalt about 4 inches long 2inches wide. im guessing i should get realigned or would need new tires? this correct?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:51 PM
R350Zz33

Originally Posted by omniskillz
don't understand the body kit advice... doesn't the insurance company dictate what parts you get? I'd assume it will be oem. I'll have to talk to my claim rep about the exhaust and tires. my front right tire has a chunk of rubber melted in with asphalt about 4 inches long 2inches wide. im guessing i should get realigned or would need new tires? this correct?
do u wanna stay oem or u want somthing diff make sure you tell them u want all oem stuff not the replaments that way the qoute is more $$ and if you wanna you can kit the car easy as that talk to the shop and they will probly tell you if thats what you want they will get it for u
Old 02-19-2012, 12:52 PM
SLOPOS

Usually they will just give you a check for the value of the stock parts. Its up to you to spend the money.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:24 PM
omniskillz

I'd prefer oem but I guess I could look into aftermarket bumpers, but from reading forums you generally have to get new wheels and better stance to make the car look good. Just getting body kit added to default wheels looked pretty bad.

but when I talk to the rep on monday i'll ask for all oem parts as well as a thorough look through of the car and exhaust. thank you.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:42 PM
VicPham
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It never hurts to try and ask the insurance company to pay for a new OEM Nismo front and rear bumper.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:44 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You story does not hold water. There is not sufficient damage to the rear to force your vehicle into another in front.

About $3,000 damage.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:45 PM
xman2yman

Where in Philly are you located, I work there and I know 2 shops that are really good at their work and will take care of the car.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:12 PM
omniskillz

Originally Posted by davidv
You story does not hold water. There is not sufficient damage to the rear to force your vehicle into another in front.

About $3,000 damage.
thats what i fear the insurance company saying. but the truth is the truth. state trooper wouldnt file a report because all cars were drivable and no one was injured.

i came to a complete stop. I was relieved I didnt hit the jeep in front of me. then I heard screeching tires and boom, boom. I got shoved under the jeep.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:12 PM
omniskillz

Originally Posted by xman2yman
Where in Philly are you located, I work there and I know 2 shops that are really good at their work and will take care of the car.
I live northeast of philly.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:29 PM
omniskillz

anyone know where to actually get oem parts? is it just through the nissan dealer? I see lots of recertified, copies,used or aftermarket but none from nissan.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:39 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i use www.courtesyparts.com for OEM stuff. otherwise i just scour the marketplace for deals.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:49 PM
omniskillz

is it the paint job that costs the most? then the actual part then labor?
Old 02-19-2012, 05:07 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the total amount the bodyshop will charge you will include the labor. and no sometimes it depends on the part and the amount of work needed to repair completely. (i.e. new oem 03-05 bumper may cost $200-300. while paint/labor may cost $400-600) but if you had an authentic Do luck bumper then the part would cost more than labor.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:30 PM
omniskillz

thanks boomer and everyone else. just pray i get it all fixed without alot of difficulties from insurance.

Quick Reply: Rear ended on I-95