Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Trying to convince my Dad to get me a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 01:12 PM
ChrisCFHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All kids do want to be rich. But like the motivational speaker said "You gotta' want it as bad as you want to breathe." 99% of the kids who want to be rich will end up working a 9-5 office job getting paid 40-80k a year for the rest of their lives.
Some of you people are ridiculous. Don't you have something better to do with your time
Old 05-30-2013, 01:13 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by ChrisCFHS
@stuartc323 Clearly you need to read through the original post. My dad won't be paying for anything to get the car. The Jeep is worth 2k more than the Z. So in fact, we'd be receiving the car and $2k. Simply, the depreciation value of the Z is a lot more than the Jeep.
My school is 30 minutes away from my house and my potential employer is 30 minutes away from my house. (60 minutes from school to job) My jeep gets around 15mpg and has a pretty small tank. The Z gets around 20-25. I can't even go a week without having to fill up my tank again. And I am FAR from being a rich kid. My dad is in the Army and my mom is a teacher. I'm not sure if you've looked into the incomes of either of those jobs, but they're pretty low.

Depending on what kind of teacher your mom is she could make bank and also your dad has been in the army for how long? im sure he has progressed further than the rank he started at, with that comes pay raises, and he doesnt pay taxes. You guys have money, enough to the point that your dad can pay your bills too.

But with that being said, your realization that your parents dont make ****, should be more of a reason for you to stick with that jeep, I had an s-10 from the time i was 15 till it crashed it last year on the way to buy my Z. It got 12 miles to the gallon, but guess what? i had a job and was able to pay for all my own ****. What are you going to do when its time for brakes? a tune-up? hell even these mods you want are gonna cost because you have to buy supporting mods with them. like i said before understand that you dont know shiitt about shiitt and your reaching for the stars with no space ladder to climb.

Last edited by stuartc323; 05-30-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:19 PM
ChrisCFHS

I don't think you've been paying attention to what I said earlier. I will be able to pay for my own gas and half of the insurance. I calculated how much I can potentially earn and it exceeds those expenses leaving me with about $1,000 a month which doesn't include the $2,500 I will initially have. That's plenty of money for emergency/annual service costs.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:19 PM
stuartc323

All kids do want to be rich. But like the motivational speaker said "You gotta' want it as bad as you want to breathe." 99% of the kids who want to be rich will end up working a 9-5 office job getting paid 40-80k a year for the rest of their lives.
Some of you people are ridiculous. Don't you have something better to do with your time

And this will be you because your already makign stupid *** financial decisions with other peoples money, not even your own.

You have goals, making money is obviously one of them, let me explain how to make money in america, and for you ima dumb it down.

1.Graduate high school.
2. Go to college, trade school, ect.
3. Get good job while young, invest money early and save.
4.Buy important shiiit, like houses, businesses, etc.
5. make your money work for you at this point.

You have done none of these. By the time i was 17 i was running my dads construction company (by choice and force) and I was already in junior college while i was in high school.

You dont want to acheive ****, you want to be cool and have a lifestyle you cant attain by yourself yet, lik every other american. Learn to live with yourself and not try to keep up with the jones.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:26 PM
ChrisCFHS

FOR THE 10000000000000TH TIME. IT'S NOT MY DAD'S MONEY! It's my own money. I will be making plenty of money to invest, save, and use for recreational use. And might I add, I too own a business with my friend, which could potentially bring in a $5,000 monthly income.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Collin Lacy

I'm going to ask this again since all you said was "its in my dad's name"

IS THE CAR YOURS. Do you own this car, did you pay money for this car. If its not, don't trade it you tard.

"were going to be walking away with 2k from the trade" if that jeep isnt yours, which I'm growing to suspect, you better turn and hand your dad that money and let him do what he will with it. Its not your "oh **** fund".

As for everything else you've said, how much you an "potentially earn" sounds like BS. You don't know how many hours you will be getting, you don't know if the job will stick. Are you planning on going to school? That's expensive and since your parents obviously don't make much according to you you should be ready to foot the bill.

I'm annoyed at reading this crap, so I guess successful troll is successful.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think you've been paying attention to what I said earlier. I will be able to pay for my own gas and half of the insurance. I calculated how much I can potentially earn and it exceeds those expenses leaving me with about $1,000 a month which doesn't include the $2,500 I will initially have. That's plenty of money for emergency/annual service costs.
What about paying for college? What about paying for your own place? What about paying for groceries? What about paying for the Jeep you're currently driving?

If you want to show financial responsibility there are plenty of ways to do it that don't involve convincing your dad to get you a nicer car. Stop trying to make it sound like you're doing something. You're 17. I get it. You want a faster car. Something to show off. We've all been there.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:52 PM
stuartc323

FOR THE 10000000000000TH TIME. IT'S NOT MY DAD'S MONEY! It's my own money. I will be making plenty of money to invest, save, and use for recreational use. And might I add, I too own a business with my friend, which could potentially bring in a $5,000 monthly income.

You would make as a good investor in the "futures" market. You keep using the word potentially and possibly when you explain yourself.

Its not your money, the jeep is in your dads name, so that pink slip is too.
You cant make money without a job, which you dont have, nor have you graduated high school, so you meet requirements to work at mcdonalds or best buy. You dont have a business, because if you did you would have been able to buy your car early, and you would be focused on the production of the business, especially if its your only income.

I have grown tired of trying to explain finances to a 17 year old, Mature up man, take care of yourself, and hope that you dont find yourself in 7 years at 25 asking what the hell happened, because i will tell you, you think you know what you are doing and you dont.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:55 PM
OneLovelyZee

Is Best Buy guaranteeing that you'll automatically pass work probation?

Why in the world would you trade in your family vehicle for a vehicle meant only for yourself?

Like I said, you could fit more companions in the Wrangler.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Tuco

lotta good and honest advise here.....hope someone's listening.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:32 PM
FlamesOFDarknes

Even if you make $8...if you can afford and know how to manage money ad no debts, you buy. You can't afford, than you NO buy.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:57 PM
DayZblue350Z

Chris, friendly advice... delete this account get the car make a new account unrelated and pretend like this never happened..dont talk about this dont ask about this dont think about this.
good luck with your car.

You will get flamed for this for a long time to come.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:05 PM
mattleegee

Originally Posted by FlamesOFDarknes
Even if you make $8...if you can afford and know how to manage money ad no debts, you buy. You can't afford, than you NO buy.
+1
i know people that make over $25/hr that cant even pay a cell phone bill
Old 05-30-2013, 06:09 PM
jduet

Originally Posted by stuartc323
Depending on what kind of teacher your mom is she could make bank and also your dad has been in the army for how long? im sure he has progressed further than the rank he started at, with that comes pay raises, and he doesnt pay taxes. You guys have money, enough to the point that your dad can pay your bills too.
Military pay federal income taxes unless in a combat zone and state taxes in most states. Other than that you're spot-on.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

This seriously made me laugh out loud.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:40 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by jduet
Military pay federal income taxes unless in a combat zone and state taxes in most states. Other than that you're spot-on.
Man seriously? I learned something new today and thats ****ed, I pray for those in the military. You guys should not have to pay taxes at all, I really hope its not the normal rate for everyone else.

Last edited by stuartc323; 05-30-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:45 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Old 05-30-2013, 09:24 PM
l2iceman

Old 05-30-2013, 09:28 PM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh the lulz
Old 05-30-2013, 10:47 PM
knuckles899

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

......On a related note to this thread........ are the ebay exhaust any good?

Figured I'd get it out of the way.lol

Quick Reply: Trying to convince my Dad to get me a 350z