Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What do you think of my Z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:16 AM
RacingBlack350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since my last post I've been working a lot and trying to figure out what I want to do. To be honest the height isn't bothering me very much and I'm looking into some more aesthetic upgrades. I have $1400 and haven't sold the wheels yet and I'm guessing I can bring in at least a grand for them.
This is a list of what I want to do: Not particularly in this order
1. Nismo V3 Front Bumper
2. Chargespeed Bottom Line Sides
3. Voltex Rear Diffuser
4. Blitz Spoiler
5. OEM HR Hood
6. 06-08 Headlights and Taillights

As always I'm looking for opinions and my only question is with the color of the lip on the nismo v3. Since the rear diffuser and bottom line sides are carbon, having the normal grey might look a little off. Would it look bad if I made the entire bumper super black? I have never seen it and actually think it might look pretty cool. Love to hear some thoughts, thanks.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:25 AM
ksuberk54

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, lowering springs or coils please. Wow. That monster truck height. Good lord.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:42 AM
RacingBlack350Z

Originally Posted by ksuberk54
Dude, lowering springs or coils please. Wow. That monster truck height. Good lord.
But if I do that I want the KW Clubsports and I will be left with no money! I might get lowering springs temporarily, but I'm not looking to spend a lot on those.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:00 AM
ksuberk54

Originally Posted by RacingBlack350Z
But if I do that I want the KW Clubsports and I will be left with no money! I might get lowering springs temporarily, but I'm not looking to spend a lot on those.
I'm not sure how mechanically sound you are, I'm not at all but my brother is. I went to O'Reilly's and borrowed their spring/coil compressor. I ended up spending around $500 when it was all said and done total on springs, rear camber arms and install (ended up having to take it to an auto place to finish installing one of the springs) & alignment.

New Tanabe GF210's - $140 on craigslist
New SPC rear camber arms - $120 on craigslist
Install of one spring and alignment - $220
Brother price for install of other 3 springs - $40 + a 12pk
Old 07-15-2014, 11:13 PM
RacingBlack350Z

I'm not sure how mechanically sound you are, I'm not at all but my brother is. I went to O'Reilly's and borrowed their spring/coil compressor. I ended up spending around $500 when it was all said and done total on springs, rear camber arms and install (ended up having to take it to an auto place to finish installing one of the springs) & alignment.

New Tanabe GF210's - $140 on craigslist
New SPC rear camber arms - $120 on craigslist
Install of one spring and alignment - $220
Brother price for install of other 3 springs - $40 + a 12pk
Okay so this might make you happy. I got a stroke of luck as of this morning and a guy texted me and is buying the wheels for $1500. That means I have roughly $2900 to spend. Dad says "Well put it in the bank and gain interest". I say "Hell no spend it on the Z!". So I am looking into getting a used set of springs and then skipping the aesthetic stuff and back to power haha.

The reason I'm changing my mind is because my friend just bought a bone stock, well maintained GTO with 80k miles on it (not sure what year). We were cruising and he got on it (20-80ish) on one of the straights and I did too. Turns out our cars are pretty quick and I was actually catching him. So I am changing directions once again and looking into lowering springs then getting some tomei or crower cams. Maybe other ones, but I still need to research more. Sorry to turn my response into an update, but there's no use in making two posts haha
Old 07-16-2014, 05:53 AM
ksuberk54

There's a dude on here selling some coilovers for $450 or you could get some springs and camber kits and wheels and you'll be set! What kind of power adders you thinking?
Old 07-16-2014, 08:49 AM
RacingBlack350Z

There's a dude on here selling some coilovers for $450 or you could get some springs and camber kits and wheels and you'll be set! What kind of power adders you thinking?
I already PM'd a guy selling hotchkis springs on here for cheap. As of right now the Brian Crower Stage 3 (272 spec) cams with the valve spring/retainer kit is at the top of my list. I've read a lot of good things about it and I think that is a good place to start.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:53 AM
Bellisima_Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee9374
have you done exhaust yet? if not you may want to wait til you have. if you got test pipes and true dual it will lean you out and then you would have to do a retune...
I have a similar setup, but ca't afford a tune quite yet. What affect does this have on the car?
Old 07-17-2014, 06:58 AM
Bellisima_Z

OP been reading through your thread and have enjoyed seeing the progress you have had. Just curious...What has been your favorite mod so far and which one would you say gave you the most noticeable power gains?
Old 07-17-2014, 10:02 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellisima_Z
I have a similar setup, but ca't afford a tune quite yet. What affect does this have on the car?
http://www.ehow.com/info_8113517_dan...ning-lean.html
Old 07-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Zmandriving

Today I got my lower control arm bushings and radius arm bushing done with energy suspension bushings. Man what a difference that made. It was raining so I couldn't drive it aggressive but it made my suspension feel amazing.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Bellisima_Z

Thanks, looks like I'm gonna have to squeeze that in soon! Thanks for the info
Old 07-17-2014, 08:38 PM
RacingBlack350Z

OP been reading through your thread and have enjoyed seeing the progress you have had. Just curious...What has been your favorite mod so far and which one would you say gave you the most noticeable power gains?
My favorite mod so far, other than the wheels, are the ART Pipes, the sound with the TDX2 is unbeatable imo. The difference after the pipes was fantastic. I made about 5whp, but the sound changes completely after 3600rpm and is like a whole new monster haha. It echos everywhere and especially in the woods

Also glad you found it, always happy to have new opinions
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 PM
RacingBlack350Z

Last update before I make my final decision so you don't have to read my though process haha.
I may possibly buy a track bike, I'm looking at a suzuki gsxr right now. If that doesn't happen it will be going into my z.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Bellisima_Z

Originally Posted by RacingBlack350Z
My favorite mod so far, other than the wheels, are the ART Pipes, the sound with the TDX2 is unbeatable imo. The difference after the pipes was fantastic. I made about 5whp, but the sound changes completely after 3600rpm and is like a whole new monster haha. It echos everywhere and especially in the woods

Also glad you found it, always happy to have new opinions
Where did you end up getting the ART pipes from? Did you get a good deal?
Old 07-20-2014, 09:30 PM
RacingBlack350Z

Where did you end up getting the ART pipes from? Did you get a good deal?
I bought them over the phone directly from motordyne. This is what I did for all of my motordyne parts. Tony and the sales personnel there are very helpful and are always prepared to answer any of your questions.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:26 PM
RacingBlack350Z

So I have forgotten to tell everyone about this, but about a month ago I was able to drive my friends GTR. His dad bought him the car with 13k miles on it and they have upgraded it to roughly 800whp. We started to talk because of our cars and he let me drive it after he heard about my racing background. He wanted me to teach him how to use launch control and drive him around on some fun roads. Needless to say the car was incredible. The acceleration was unlike any street car I’ve ever been in and the all wheel drive handling made high speed cornering feel tame.
The guy is actually a rider for Ducati’s AMA that 600cc class or something like that. Initially I thought he was going to be one of those rich kids who throw away great cars because they don’t appreciate them, but after talking to him a little bit he actually seems like a really down to earth guy. His dad owns two truck repair companies...never would have thought that kind of money would be there. His dad also drives a Pagani Huayra, GTR, some old cars from the 1920’s, and whatever they use for daily drivers. Just wanted to tell everyone this since it is kind of interesting.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:47 PM
RacingBlack350Z

Just an update, I'm pretty much done doing things to the z for a while. There's really nothing I can do that's within my budget for power, but I will be adding some handling modifications occasionally such as coils/springs, swaybars, fender braces, etc. My dad has been unable to pay for some repairs on his RX7 for the past year, so I'm putting my remaining funds into that. If you guys are interested, I will post pictures and videos when I get it home. Really is a cool car. After I get this back in shape, I will be looking for a college car so I can keep the Z at home.