Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of my Z?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 04:42 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

perfect example..... NASCAR, they run for 500 laps, with bigger engines, more emissions and no cats..... sorry i am not a tree hugger
Old 10-01-2013, 06:47 AM
RacingBlack350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee9374
if you think it sounds good now, you should hear mine with the ART pipes.... sounds like the angels above singing (very loudly though)

who wants to be legal? get tuned, turned off the sensors as long as you dont have a service engine light when you get inspected (unless they do a visual) you should be good
Haha I am still in high school and as long as I am under my dad's roof, my car has to be street legal. I REALLY wanted the ART pipes, but I'm not complaining.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:51 AM
RacingBlack350Z

Originally Posted by shoopdawoop
I have an HKS exhaust and test pipes, after about 2 months the CEL stopped coming on. I went to a regular shop to get it inspected (I didnt even know the guy lol) and he passed it.
I will see if I can make it happen. How did the guy not notice the cats were missing?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:10 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by RacingBlack350Z
Haha I am still in high school and as long as I am under my dad's roof, my car has to be street legal. I REALLY wanted the ART pipes, but I'm not complaining.

Good man, OP keep up the good work, your on the right path with the mods
Old 10-01-2013, 07:31 AM
RacingBlack350Z

Originally Posted by stuartc323
Good man, OP keep up the good work, your on the right path with the mods
Thank you, I appreciate it.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:44 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I live in a part of Missouri that doesn't require emission testing. But......I still have my catalytic converters and my car is perfectly legal. Well, other than not having a front license plate.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:56 PM
RacingBlack350Z

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
I live in a part of Missouri that doesn't require emission testing. But......I still have my catalytic converters and my car is perfectly legal. Well, other than not having a front license plate.
Interesting...I will have to check up on that. I have a couple friends who are cops, so I will ask them. BTW I was pulled over twice in a week for no front license plate and never got a ticket. As long as you don't talk yourself into one, it is really no big deal. Plus I don't think they are allowed to even pull you over for just the license plate violation. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Not sure about St. Louis but in Texas, it has begun.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:27 PM
RacingBlack350Z

Default Dyno Tune?

Hey guys,
After I install the MREV2 and the plenum spacer, do you guys think I will need a dyno tune? I have two Uprev tuners in my area and was also wondering what the approximate price would be. Or on the other hand should I even get an Uprev tune or is there something better.
These are the websites of the places near me. Tell me what you think.
Speed and Sound:
www.speed-sound.info/
ET Tuning
www.ettuning.com

Last edited by RacingBlack350Z; 10-01-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:05 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

OP, sounds like you got a pretty good idea of what you want to do with your car. A lot of the questions you are asking through this thread have been answered, and oddly enough, no one has bashed you for it. As stated before, be careful with the Z. I know you say you are responsible now, but the more comfortable you get with the car, the more you push it. Around 19 in college would be a good time to lock yourself out of your car.

Btw, when/if you move out of your parents, can I move in? I need some car stuff for my birthday.

:P one and only Jab

Again, welcome.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:12 PM
kaze06

Hey guys,
After I install the MREV2 and the plenum spacer, do you guys think I will need a dyno tune? I have two Uprev tuners in my area and was also wondering what the approximate price would be. Or on the other hand should I even get an Uprev tune or is there something better.
These are the websites of the places near me. Tell me what you think.
Speed and Sound:
www.speed-sound.info/
ET Tuning
www.ettuning.com
Uprev is pretty much the way to go.

And with an exhaust, plenum mods, and any kind of intake, I'd suggest getting a tune. You're playing with the volume of air being taken in and the flow of that air being pushed out, which is going to affect everything that makes things go boom in the cylinder. Unless you're doing any more major power mods afterwards, I'd go get it tuned.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 PM
RacingBlack350Z

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
Btw, when/if you move out of your parents, can I move in? I need some car stuff for my birthday.

Again, welcome.
Haha yea I am very lucky, thanks for the help
Old 10-01-2013, 08:21 PM
RacingBlack350Z

Originally Posted by kaze06
Uprev is pretty much the way to go.

And with an exhaust, plenum mods, and any kind of intake, I'd suggest getting a tune. You're playing with the volume of air being taken in and the flow of that air being pushed out, which is going to affect everything that makes things go boom in the cylinder. Unless you're doing any more major power mods afterwards, I'd go get it tuned.
That is what I was thinking. I don't want to run it too lean like you said. I might just hold off on the installation until right before I get the tune. Thanks
Old 10-01-2013, 08:28 PM
kaze06

That is what I was thinking. I don't want to run it too lean like you said. I might just hold off on the installation until right before I get the tune. Thanks
You're not going to hurt the car by not having it tuned and having it installed. Factory tunes are designed to be acceptable for a wide range of variables while still being safe to drive. You're just not going to make optimal power on a factory tune with multiple intake/exhaust modifications. You'll get gains, but you won't feel the full proper effect until it's tuned.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:47 PM
RacingBlack350Z

Originally Posted by kaze06
You're not going to hurt the car by not having it tuned and having it installed. Factory tunes are designed to be acceptable for a wide range of variables while still being safe to drive. You're just not going to make optimal power on a factory tune with multiple intake/exhaust modifications. You'll get gains, but you won't feel the full proper effect until it's tuned.
I didn't know that, definitely good to know. Thanks a lot.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:40 PM
NoQuestionZ

Haha yea I am very lucky, thanks for the help
Glad I could help.... now when exactly will you be moving out? college tours should be coming up soon..I'd like to measure out my bedroom layout

seriously though- Ask KornerCarver, I've been trying to get down into Missouri, specifically Southern Missouri. Know any job openings down there?

People rock spacers all the time no tune. It shouldn't be anything TOO crazy. It's not like you're getting bigger injectors or something. I say install it.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:57 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by stogey420time
Not sure about St. Louis but in Texas, it has begun.
that is why i bought the Stillen license plate holder that goes in the tow hook location. if i get a ticket, put it on, go to the court, pay the $10 fee and be gone
Old 10-02-2013, 02:01 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
OP, sounds like you got a pretty good idea of what you want to do with your car. A lot of the questions you are asking through this thread have been answered, and oddly enough, no one has bashed you for it. As stated before, be careful with the Z. I know you say you are responsible now, but the more comfortable you get with the car, the more you push it. Around 19 in college would be a good time to lock yourself out of your car.

Again, welcome.
it is because he didnt come across as a know it all punk kid that thinks everyone is wrong, he is open to suggestions, asking alot of great questions, and doesnt get butt hurt when make their comments
Old 10-02-2013, 02:22 AM
NoQuestionZ

Originally Posted by travlee9374
it is because he didnt come across as a know it all punk kid that thinks everyone is wrong, he is open to suggestions, asking alot of great questions, and doesnt get butt hurt when make their comments
I agree. But usually no matter what, once that "teen blood" is in the water, the Zsharks come swimming.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:03 AM
travlee
Master

NoQuestionZ... there are plenty of jobs in texas.... just hot as h3ll