Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FREAK ACCIDENT? help...please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 08:12 PM
CJM

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by kch44
End rant, anyways, gonna start takin stuff apart tomorrow, and see whats what. Thx for those who gave their condolences. It was nothing short of heart break.
I feel for you. Best of luck with your car. People are all too quick to criticize especially when it isn't the right time for it.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:28 PM
egonadrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel you man, same thing happened to me with my grandmas new Ford Escape, it was in park with the ebrake on and it just gave out completely and started rolling backwards. Worst thing of all it was in my Senior year high school car wash in a macdonalds. The car hit the corner of the macdonalds. So freaking embarrasing.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:29 PM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OP I wasn't trying to bash you....too much. When I started college I wanted a '06 Z, full coverage was way over my budget, so I didn't get the Z. It wasn't till after I graduated that I bought a Z with full coverage.

Now as far as putting your Z back together, keep an eye on the market place, Rock auto, Ebay, ect and piece by piece fix it.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:28 PM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Driving handbook info:

Parking on a hill

When parking facing downhill, turn your front wheels towards the curb or right shoulder. This will keep the vehicle from rolling into traffic if the brakes become disengaged.

When parking on a hill, always set the parking brake and move the gear selector into park, or shift into first or reverse gear if your vehicle has a manual transmission.

Bummer that you didn't learn this stuff earlier.

Hope you can get your car fixed up OK.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:39 AM
risenson

^yep fell off, and I love how on all the forums people love to berate people. I cant own a Z cause im not rich enough to afford full coverage, and this has absolutley nothing to do with my driving. If i even suspected for a second my parking brake was not holding I wouldnt have left it there obviously. And i even tested the parking brake afterwords and it works. Was it dumb? maybe so, but one reason I hate people on these forums is people would rather insult, then offer any kind of meaningful input. In a few years Ill have my degree, in a few years, money wont be an issue. In a few years full coverage will be standard. But right now, Ill gotta deal with this.
Full coverage isn't for your lack of driving skills per say it is for everyone else lack of driving skills but in this case full coverage would of saved you from your lack of driving skills. Like everyone is saying parking a manual on a hill put in gear and turn wheels towards curb. You are taking everyone stating this fact as they are trying to insult you when in fact they are teaching you what to do next time while at the same time giving condolence.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:03 AM
lifekenophobic

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike100
You can easily test your emergency brake: park on a steep hill, engage the parking brake, and put the car in neutral. If the car moves down the hill, obviously the emergency brake isn’t holding.

--Spike
Consider it tested. Rofl. For real though, putting a remote start before safely parking your Z.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:30 AM
AnimalTrain

Hey man just looking at those pictures hurts and I know how you feel. **** like this happens to everyone at some point or another. There's always going to be moments where people will say "you should've done this" or "you shouldn't have done this" blah blah blah even you might say that too but at the end of the day no one can predict whats going to happen. **** just happens sometimes and all you can do is accept the reality of the situation, move forward, and do what you can for you Z. Fck the kids saying you don't deserve it or can't afford one thats the dumbest **** I've ever heard.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:49 AM
kch44

Thx man, I know sometimes people dont understand the circumstance which is fine and expected, now onto life....

Does anyone know where i can get the digrams for the front end of the car?
Also im confused on whether the front end was changed, (frame wise) from 05 to 06.
I found this....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-OEM-62500CD705-Radiator-Support-/171248438222?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27df33cbce&vxp=mtr
Which is actually the majority of stuff i need. Any input on what else i would need?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:16 AM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

WOW, i feel for you dude, I had an SR20DET S14 roll down a really steep hill and luckily for me it was stopped by a tree. I managed to repair it by using breakers and members of the SXOC to buy my parts. Since owning my 350Z I've made it a habit of leaving it 1st gear when parking (even on a flat road) as i consider the E-Brake on the 350 a pile of crap. I can only say that in the future forget your remote control and leave it in gear. Its going to take some time but I'm sure you'll get it fixed eventually, you're just going to have to keep your eyes open in this forums marketplace and keep in contact with breakers yards in your vicinity. Your only saving grace is that it didn't hit anyone or have a car pile into it. Good luck with your repair.

Have you tried www.fairladyz32.com as this has a PDF of every workshop manual from the 1974 240Z all way up to the 350Z. They include pictorials so you can figure out just what you need.

Last edited by samsniss350z; 03-14-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:46 AM
kch44

Thx I checked on the website seems they only go up to 2004?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:53 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

^yep fell off, and I love how on all the forums people love to berate people. I cant own a Z cause im not rich enough to afford full coverage, and this has absolutley nothing to do with my driving. If i even suspected for a second my parking brake was not holding I wouldnt have left it there obviously. And i even tested the parking brake afterwords and it works. Was it dumb? maybe so, but one reason I hate people on these forums is people would rather insult, then offer any kind of meaningful input. In a few years Ill have my degree, in a few years, money wont be an issue. In a few years full coverage will be standard. But right now, Ill gotta deal with this.
All I read was:

WAAAAAAAAAH!

courtesyparts.com for diagrams.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:57 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

OUCH! Sorry to see your car end up like this OP.

Also not trying to be a **** but, my Geico full cover is 85 a month( I am 28).... ( I know that its probably different for you) but damn...get a full cover when you can.

I have been to the hilly areas of Orlando with my Z and ALWAYS turn the steering wheel, e-brake, and 1 or reverse gear depending on which way the Z is facing.

This is one pricy lesson to learn..
Old 03-14-2014, 07:28 AM
WeightLimit

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Here you go seeing how you're poor and can't afford full coverage...

I'm kidding don't get mad

http://www.car-part.com

http://www.lkqcorp.com

http://www.slidegood.com

Obviously craigslist also.

Seriously though it's going to cost you a good sum of money to repair that damage even with used parts. I'm not sure how it is there, but salvage yards here try to sell stuff slightly less than new parts.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:05 AM
kch44

Yea working on dissembling the stuff now, but thanks.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:26 AM
vodka

Man, OP, sorry for your loss. That's terrible.

I recently had a close call. I met up with a guy from craigslist for some computer parts. I jumped back in the Z and started her up and took a closer look at the parts. I realized the guy was trying to rip me off so I quickly set the e-brake with the car idling to stop him from pulling away. While I confronted him I noticed something moving out of the corner of my eye. I turned to see my Z rolling backwards down a steep incline and picking up speed.

Luckily I had enough time to run around to the drivers door and I used my hand to press the brake. The only damage was some curb rash on the wheels and I tore half the sole completely off my boot somehow.

The point is, I understand the e-brake issues. I knew I needed to adjust it, as it's never set very well without a lot of force, but this made me realize just how dangerous it could be. Ten more feet and it would have looked a lot like yours. Best of luck to you man.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:56 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Crappy situation, sorry this happened to you.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:59 AM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Idk why no one has posted this up for the kid yet:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z-pa...5_824_826.html

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z-pa...4_715_824.html

Edit: Syner mentioned it.. kind of.

Last edited by pyshin; 03-14-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by pyshin
Idk why no one has posted this up for the kid yet:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z-pa...5_824_826.html

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z-pa...4_715_824.html

Edit: Syner mentioned it.. kind of.
What can I say? I'm a nice guy.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:07 AM
CJM

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Also, Hate to do it, may be selling my Varrstoen Es2's and Rotora BBK, 6piston front, 4 piston rear to fund the rebuild. If anyone lives in the south jersey area, or nearby.
If you have to sell them, I might want those ES2s Live in eastern PA. I'll keep an eye out for the sale thread. Hope you don't have to sell them though!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:38 AM
GreyZ

Received 171 Likes on 128 Posts

Don't know on the rules in your area, but if you can just by a heavily rear damaged Z of of Copart.com. and then you will be able to part out anything from that that you don't need and hopefully not be too much in the red for this error. And I know it may sound like I am being a dick, but the 350z brake is known here for being shitty, sorry for the situation though, definitely sucks.

Quick Reply: FREAK ACCIDENT? help...please?