Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

suspension question 350z

Old 04-17-2014, 01:32 AM
davidscur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation suspension question 350z

I recently bought a 2003 Nissan 350z. It is lowered, and I didn't think it would be a big deal til I went to work and went over a speed bump and found out I can't have the car aligned. I'd like to raise it back up to its original height, but have no idea what to get. I know it needs struts and springs in the front, and needs only springs for the back. Any help would be amazing, I don't mind if it isn't OEM parts, as long as it is lifted back up.
Thanks for any help!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:36 AM
davidscur

And by no idea what to get, I mean if there are better/ cheaper parts than the OEM struts/ springs. I found some struts with 40k miles on them on ebay, but he is asking 170 for the front left and front right. I don't know if that is a good deal or not. Plus no way for me to really know if it only has 40k miles on them since they were pulled from a junkyard most likely.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:28 AM
padilla03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn should kept mine. I threw mine in the trash. Do u have coil overs or lowing springs. If u have coil overs u can just adjust the heigh all the way up but if u have lowering springs then all u need to do is change back to OEM springs. All though ur shocks might b worn so I would get an OEM combo(springs and shocks) which alot of people should have because alot of people have lowered their car
Old 04-17-2014, 04:57 AM
Zmandriving

Originally Posted by padilla03z
Damn should kept mine. I threw mine in the trash. Do u have coil overs or lowing springs. If u have coil overs u can just adjust the heigh all the way up but if u have lowering springs then all u need to do is change back to OEM springs. All though ur shocks might b worn so I would get an OEM combo(springs and shocks) which alot of people should have because alot of people have lowered their car
I agree with this. Just go and get new oem stuff if you dont want to be lowered a little. I bought the Kw variant 3 and they have been the best on my car.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:45 AM
ZROCM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmandriving
I agree with this. Just go and get new oem stuff if you dont want to be lowered a little. I bought the Kw variant 3 and they have been the best on my car.
How is the ride on the KW Variant 3 as compared to OEM? Basically some suspension setups really ride hard on city streets, but are fantastic when the street is smooth like a good track. Just wondering if the KW3 beat you up.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Zmandriving

Originally Posted by ZROCM
How is the ride on the KW Variant 3 as compared to OEM? Basically some suspension setups really ride hard on city streets, but are fantastic when the street is smooth like a good track. Just wondering if the KW3 beat you up.
They are rough if you set them to be stiff. You can feel all the bumps but I have mine set on about medium, maybe one click toward soft and it is awesome drive. I don't take bumps fast and try to avoid pot holes so the ride is real smooth. Best set I have used but i was coming from the Megan tracks that blew the front shock after about 10k miles and were much stiffer than the KW 3.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:21 PM
davidscur

Originally Posted by padilla03z

They have the adjustable ones in the front, but they said they were as high as they would go when they were trying to align my car.
I know the back has lowering springs, so I should only need springs for that hopefully.
The springs are hard for me to find, when I search for the springs, I find only lowering ones. Thanks for your reply!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:53 PM
2000atlanticgt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bet if you place an add in the classified section for WTB you will be able to find stock springs easily as well as some take off shocks/struts or look into after market shocks/struts in your price range.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:54 PM
PerfZ

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^OEM for the rears then - should be able to find some used since so many people lower their cars.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:56 PM
ZROCM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by ZROCM
Sounds great. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

David… Your Nissan dealership should provide the answers you need here. If they are unable to accomplish a solution, tell them you are sending a negative report to Nissan. You won’t believe what happens next, and how quickly you get the help you asked the dealership to provide.

Unless the previous owner really messed up the car, you should only need springs and shocks.

--Spike
Old 05-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Holdmypole

I've got some stock suspesion for cheap I just don't have rear shock because I had to cut it out still have rear spring though
Old 05-14-2014, 02:00 PM
JEImport
Vendor - Former Vendor

Your best bet would be oem or equivalent replacement parts if you want stock ride height. Used springs may be ok depending on their age but I would say get new shocks either way. Springs don't wear the same way shocks do and it would not be fun to have to do the job all over again because the shocks blew out quickly.

There are also upgraded shocks available from aftermarket companies that offer better damping characteristics than an oem shock. Koni for example, makes a great replacement with a better ride quality while also working with stock ride height springs.