Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:05 AM
D3nnyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie opinion please

Hello 350z community , as you can see I'm fairly new .
I recently started looking into buying a 350z 107k miles for 7k Manuel .
2006 . I'm from Tampa Florida and I plan on using it daily to commute to school and work an etc . Are there any known problems with the z ? Is it wise to buy a high mileage z ? The car is in good condition and it's the basic model 350z . It got minor scratches here and there but I feel like for the price it's ok . Please give me your feed back ! Whether if this is a wise choice or not , note I have another vehicle and motorcycle and I'm 21 if that matters , my knowledge on cars is not so good . Also will it last me awhile and can I sell it back easily at 140-150k miles ? It was female owned . Your feed back is appreciated !
Old 04-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Zmandriving

Originally Posted by D3nnyd
Hello 350z community , as you can see I'm fairly new .
I recently started looking into buying a 350z 107k miles for 7k Manuel .
2006 . I'm from Tampa Florida and I plan on using it daily to commute to school and work an etc . Are there any known problems with the z ? Is it wise to buy a high mileage z ? The car is in good condition and it's the basic model 350z . It got minor scratches here and there but I feel like for the price it's ok . Please give me your feed back ! Whether if this is a wise choice or not , note I have another vehicle and motorcycle and I'm 21 if that matters , my knowledge on cars is not so good . Also will it last me awhile and can I sell it back easily at 140-150k miles ? It was female owned . Your feed back is appreciated !
06 Z has known oil consumption issues. Other than that Z is very reliable sports car.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:41 AM
D3nnyd

Originally Posted by Zmandriving
06 Z has known oil consumption issues. Other than that Z is very reliable sports car.
Am I getting a good deal you think ? And is the oil consumption thing fixable ?
Old 04-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Zmandriving

Am I getting a good deal you think ? And is the oil consumption thing fixable ?
fixable if you get new engine. I think you are getting a good deal. I wouldn't worry about the oil consumption if your only planning on driving the car for 50k miles and then selling it.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:44 AM
D3nnyd

Originally Posted by Zmandriving
fixable if you get new engine. I think you are getting a good deal. I wouldn't worry about the oil consumption if your only planning on driving the car for 50k miles and then selling it.
Thanks zman I appreciate it , any other opinion would be appreciate also !
Btw is the oil consumption thing affect all 2006 z's or just some ?

Last edited by D3nnyd; 04-23-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:56 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Not all '06 cars have the issue. I'm worried about the $7K price, though - seems pretty cheap. Have you seen a Carfax for this car? $7K sounds like a salvage title price. If all that checks out, you might (should) have the car checked out by a knowledgeable shop - might try Turbo Toys, Vantage Autoworks, S&R Performance, etc., all in Tampa. Might cost $100, but money well-spent.

Can you link to the for sale listing?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:18 PM
D3nnyd

Originally Posted by dcains
Not all '06 cars have the issue. I'm worried about the $7K price, though - seems pretty cheap. Have you seen a Carfax for this car? $7K sounds like a salvage title price. If all that checks out, you might (should) have the car checked out by a knowledgeable shop - might try Turbo Toys, Vantage Autoworks, S&R Performance, etc., all in Tampa. Might cost $100, but money well-spent.

Can you link to the for sale listing?
No links I can take pictures tho , it has a minor dent on top of the car and like I said everything is in good condition , I'll post pictures shortly . The women that had it basically deducted what it cost to repair the dent (which is minor ) from the private sale of kbb which was 8k and subtract a rack that turbo toys tried to charge her to fix it . Which she is selling for 7k , she's rich so I believe that's why it's cheap lol . And she got a new vehicle , also clean title , no carfax if I were to buy the car I'm the second owner , she had the car at 36 miles which is brand new basically and she showed me the title which stated it

Last edited by D3nnyd; 04-23-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 04-23-2014, 01:05 PM
D3nnyd

Name:  image_zpsf0bc1060.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  image_zps999074cf.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  97.2 KB

Name:  image_zps00e2fcb8.jpg
Size:  111.9 KB
Old 04-23-2014, 02:17 PM
allshownogo

$7k does sound low. like others have said, if all checks out, then go for it.

I would get one of those scanners that reads/measures the thickness of the paint. Not all accidents, major/minor, make it onto the carfax report. I would scan the car entirely to make sure it's okay (i.e. if the layer of paint is thicker in one part compared to other areas of the car, there's a good chance something happened). also, with her being the original owner with all those miles, i would ask for maintanence records (you don't know what has/hasn't been done to the car).

you might also want to check the bottom undercarriage of the car to make sure the vehicle was never bottomed out.

if you feel the slightest doubt about the car, walk away. there's plenty of decent Z's out there for a decent price. i got my '07 HR with 16k miles on the odometer for 17.5k in 2011.

Last edited by allshownogo; 04-23-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:51 PM
D3nnyd

Originally Posted by allshownogo
$7k does sound low. like others have said, if all checks out, then go for it.

I would get one of those scanners that reads/measures the thickness of the paint. Not all accidents, major/minor, make it onto the carfax report. I would scan the car entirely to make sure it's okay (i.e. if the layer of paint is thicker in one part compared to other areas of the car, there's a good chance something happened). also, with her being the original owner with all those miles, i would ask for maintanence records (you don't know what has/hasn't been done to the car).

you might also want to check the bottom undercarriage of the car to make sure the vehicle was never bottomed out.

if you feel the slightest doubt about the car, walk away. there's plenty of decent Z's out there for a decent price. i got my '07 HR with 16k miles on the odometer for 17.5k in 2011.

What do you mean by bottomed out ?

And i don't have that type of money lol I was only gonna purchase it because I thought it was a wonderful deal an be nice to drive a sport car

In the third picture you can kinda see the dent but like I said its minor

Last edited by D3nnyd; 04-23-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:58 PM
D3nnyd

Should I post more detailed pics ? If so of what please lemme know I'll get the pictures ASAP
Old 04-23-2014, 03:41 PM
dcains

I'd check with Turbo Toys about having them look the car over for you, especially if they've worked on it in the past. Trust me, it's worth the $100 or so. And if it's a 1-owner car, ask for the service records. Even a reliable car like the Z can have issues if it's not properly maintained. Looks nice, though. Where's the dent? Can't spot it in the pics, but maybe it's something of of those paintless dent repair guys can pop out easily.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:53 PM
D3nnyd

I'd check with Turbo Toys about having them look the car over for you, especially if they've worked on it in the past. Trust me, it's worth the $100 or so. And if it's a 1-owner car, ask for the service records. Even a reliable car like the Z can have issues if it's not properly maintained. Looks nice, though. Where's the dent? Can't spot it in the pics, but maybe it's something of of those paintless dent repair guys can pop out easily.
The dent is on top in the third pic like not the hood but the top of the car it's minor , it has minor scratches here an there ( female owned so it's expected lol )

I'll post more pictures and you are right it's basically one of those dents that look like it can pop out easily
Old 04-23-2014, 04:06 PM
D3nnyd

Name:  image_zpsc683508b.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  image_zps4db34716.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  71.7 KB

Name:  image_zps98a1de81.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  96.4 KB
Name:  image_zpsa983bb65.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  image_zps577b9696.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  70.2 KB

Name:  image_zps3fc59f5c.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  82.1 KB

Name:  image_zps3d82d5f2.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  79.8 KB
Name:  image_zps14e1b322.jpg
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  image_zps72bc1082.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  36.2 KB

Name:  image_zps6cc6d471.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  51.9 KB
Old 04-23-2014, 04:08 PM
D3nnyd

Last two photo are the barely visible dent , feedback appreciate as I am going to get it checked out but maybe you guys can spot something I just looked at the car and I didn't see any thick coating of painting or collision damage just scratches

I just took random pictures of different **** of the car lol so keep in mind I'm a newbie at this

Last edited by D3nnyd; 04-23-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:10 PM
dcains

Looks pretty good. But, since you don't know cars, and especially not the specifics of the Z's, get it checked out. I know what it's like to get emotional about a car, and the trick is to keep that from letting you make an informed decision.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:23 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The car looks fine. Take to Nissan Dealer and have a computer check done. Price is good, not good or bad. For a commuter back and forth to work and weekend hang out it would be very good. Have a dent pro take out the dents and that will give a new look all together. Dependable = Yes. Reliable = Yes. Fun = Yes. Re sale time - don't expect to get the same amount. All cars depreciate, but it holds good interest for sports car interest. I am a Nissan (ZONC) Z Owners of Northern California for Monterey/Santa Cruz Counties and have been in the Z actions and cars since the early 80's having a 260Z, 280Z modified and a 350Z modified and they are always fun and lots of group funs also and get together s no matter where you live. Once you have the engine, tranny, etc check out by a dealershop (worth the few $) then you will know and if all good then it's a good deal.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Broseph Stalin

Looks pretty good. But, since you don't know cars, and especially not the specifics of the Z's, get it checked out. I know what it's like to get emotional about a car, and the trick is to keep that from letting you make an informed decision.
QFT, dont get bent on buying one car.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:43 PM
D3nnyd

Thanks everyone for the reply wish me luck haha
Old 04-24-2014, 06:00 AM
allshownogo

What do you mean by bottomed out ?

And i don't have that type of money lol I was only gonna purchase it because I thought it was a wonderful deal an be nice to drive a sport car

In the third picture you can kinda see the dent but like I said its minor
look at the very bottom of the car, the part that faces the ground at all times.

The Z sits lower than the average car straight out of the factory. There are certain speed bumps and dips that the Z could not go through, whereas, for example, a toyota camry could, and people would still drive through and damage the bottom part of the car. Or sometimes, people under-estimate the height of the parking guard and the front bumper scrapes over it.

The Z is a fun car and can be a DD. What I, and others, are trying to say is that you want to get the car inspected before buying.

Quick Reply: Newbie opinion please