Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

here's a couple questions for all the experts

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:25 AM
messedupsn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default here's a couple questions for all the experts

I am not terribly unfamiliar with my z, although I don't have much drive time with it.
my cruise light isnt coming on at all, but doing some diggin I'm thinking the ecu I have might not have the right rom as its from an 06 350z trim level unknown.

long story short
I bought it mid 2010 and drove it for a week and spun a bearing. I then came across a phenomenal deal on an 06 rev up engine. upon installing it I notice 3 plug in the engine bay didn't match up so I did the logical thing and downloaded the FSM for both my 2003 enthusiast and for the 06 g35. have pretty much everything repinned, double and triple checked. The only thing I swapped out was the engine harness, ecu, and engine. I purchased a license from osiris to disable NATS Everything checks out and the car is running/ driving, and no CEL have not checked to see any other codes yet as I dont have a scanner (its on the list) here is my only hiccups

-the G35 has a 1 wire oil pre sw which I am in the process of wiring up the 03 sensor to make my gauge work

-The g35 ac compressor has 2 extra wires, not sure where they go. one seems to be an ignition wire and the goes to the auto ac amp in the G which my car does not have, still waiting to charge the A/C t see if its functioning properly or if i need to wire in a potentiometer and some resistors to have it work correctly

- 1 purple wire i have labeled pin 3 off the m72 plug which joins the engine harness to the dash/body harness. I don't recall if it is body side or engine side.

-the cruise button is not turning the main cruise light on and does not appear to be functioning at all. It is wired correctly I am positive.

So this info being known.
it can only be one of these: (I hope)

-ecu does not have the correct rom(resolved by my uprev tuner swapping it for the correct one)

-ribbon cable in steering wheel is shot(fixed by bypassing ribbon cable when aftermarket wheel is installed)

-possibly idle relearn must be performed? (haven't done it because I keep unplugging the ecu)

-my purple wire that I cant find its home is the key to the ultimate question in life.

-it is possible of of the ascd switches is not functioning? cruise control worked before the swap so I am doubtful of this one.

-I'm a big dummy and the fuse is blown

any input is highly appreciated. in doing this swap I have a lot of info I can give the community just waiting for someone to ask
Old 08-12-2014, 06:20 AM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome to the forum, I'd go ahead and check the fuse first if its not that then I'm thinking that its probably your ECU. Get yourself a basic reader from Amazon, they so cheap.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:45 PM
messedupsn

so no update as of yet, was planning to hit it earlier today but it was raining for a majority of the day and I'm doing all my work in the driveway. fun stuff, hopefully tomorrow its not raining, I'm not positive if there is a fuse for the cruise control as there is no external module for it to function it is all operated through the ecu, ASCD switches and the throttle body itself, all which are working. My only other thought is that I am missing a ground somewhere.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:57 PM
messedupsn

here are the only difference in wire diagrams.

the joint connector for the grounds which is located in the pass side kick panel floor area near the ecu. I have tried grounding both to the chassis and still no luck

the first attachment is the diagram for the 03 z and the second is for the 06 g35
Attached Thumbnails here's a couple questions for all the experts-cruise-control-switch.png   here's a couple questions for all the experts-ccs-06g35.png  
Old 08-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Blaineanator

Does the car have leather seats? Doesn't have cruise control? Does the car have spoiler? These things determine what trim the car is.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:11 PM
messedupsn

I know the trim of my vehicle, yes it had leather from the factory, yes it had cruise control, yes it has a spoiler. I do now know that the ecu I have for my rev up engine had cruise control on on that car as well. Today I am going to go crazy with my volt meter and try and figure it out.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:21 PM
messedupsn

UPDATE!!! FINALLY, ASCD SWITCH tested good, voltage from ecm to ground did not, is there any other procedure that needs to be done that precedes the operation of cruise? I tried to do all of the idle learn stuff today and I don't believe it worked. Pretty positive there is no fuse for CC and if there was I bypassed it by removing the switch and hard wiring it to the pinouts on the ecu and go the same readings, possibly a ground issue maybe?

these are all the "items" on this particular ground circuit and they all seem to be functioning just fine

Sensors' ground
(Mass air flow sensor / IAT
sensor / Power steering
pressure sensor / EVAP
control system pressure
sensor / ASCD steering
switch)
Old 08-19-2014, 03:03 PM
messedupsn

glad to see there's a ton of knowledgeable people on this forum... Are there any nissan techs out there?