Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Early birthday

Old 10-18-2014, 01:12 PM
garrettchapman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Early birthday

So my birthdays coming up on teusday and my parents got me some konig rims for my birthday, we stayed at the tire shop getting them on for hours. Finally I'm excited and driving home when I stop at a light and put it in neutral when boom. A corrola rear ends me. Neither one of the airbags went off but my bumper is cracked a little bit, do you think her insurance will replace it or just paint it?
Old 10-18-2014, 02:41 PM
ShineMaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by garrettchapman
So my birthdays coming up on teusday and my parents got me some konig rims for my birthday, we stayed at the tire shop getting them on for hours. Finally I'm excited and driving home when I stop at a light and put it in neutral when boom. A corrola rear ends me. Neither one of the airbags went off but my bumper is cracked a little bit, do you think her insurance will replace it or just paint it?
Cool parents, and the corolla girls insurance will probably pay to replace the bumper.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:32 PM
JTeeAre

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Shouldve asked for Volks.
Lol but im just kidding.

If its cracked, most likely replace it, they have to leave it how it was prior to the accident.

Given that your car isnt beat up/scratched here and there they will know that the bumper was NOT cracked and therefore replace it.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:10 PM
garrettchapman

Originally Posted by JTeeAre
Shouldve asked for Volks.
Lol but im just kidding.

If its cracked, most likely replace it, they have to leave it how it was prior to the accident.

Given that your car isnt beat up/scratched here and there they will know that the bumper was NOT cracked and therefore replace it.
Well the car is a little scratched up and has its dents, seeing as it is an 03 with 180k on it. Will this actually make the company think they should not replace the bumper?
Old 10-19-2014, 05:06 AM
m e l l o w

If the girl that hit you was found at fault and she has insurance, As well as you. It's gonna get replaced regardless..Although it should be at the expense of her insurance company.

Your real concern should be where it is taken to be repaired and the quality of work the shop does. Commonly, insurance companies basically contact these repair shops to do work. Which can be good or bad. Normally good for the insurance companies that can negotiate repair cost with . Bad because the quality of the repair can go down... i.e. ill fitting parts, shitty paint jobs, and even old used body parts. Ask where your car is going to be taken for repairs - Do your research on that shop and ask about a warranty on work done to your car. If necessary change to a shop you are more comfortable with/ more reputable. This may save you from headache later on.

One last tip! Always take before and after pictures of the car and the damaged areas. Even the interior and unaffected areas of the car.

Long story short; I was rear ended..After the repair shop finally got my car returned my car (they held it for a nearly a month) my interior and steering wheel were trashed. Only after threatening the insurance company who contracted them with pre-repair pictures they agreed to have it fixed.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:28 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I hope if I get in an accident that my z is totaled. To have a car after a front or treat end impact will never be the same if there is significant damage.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:44 AM
m e l l o w

I believe is was told I was only about $500 away from it being considered a total loss... I'm still not sure if I believe that. If it was totaled it would gave me the chance to start fresh, which would of been nice.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:05 AM
garrettchapman

Originally Posted by m e l l o w
If the girl that hit you was found at fault and she has insurance, As well as you. It's gonna get replaced regardless..Although it should be at the expense of her insurance company.

Your real concern should be where it is taken to be repaired and the quality of work the shop does. Commonly, insurance companies basically contact these repair shops to do work. Which can be good or bad. Normally good for the insurance companies that can negotiate repair cost with . Bad because the quality of the repair can go down... i.e. ill fitting parts, shitty paint jobs, and even old used body parts. Ask where your car is going to be taken for repairs - Do your research on that shop and ask about a warranty on work done to your car. If necessary change to a shop you are more comfortable with/ more reputable. This may save you from headache later on.

One last tip! Always take before and after pictures of the car and the damaged areas. Even the interior and unaffected areas of the car.

Long story short; I was rear ended..After the repair shop finally got my car returned my car (they held it for a nearly a month) my interior and steering wheel were trashed. Only after threatening the insurance company who contracted them with pre-repair pictures they agreed to have it fixed.
I will try and find out where it is getting repaired, but how much do you guys think that a brand new 350z bumper and painting to match the car would be?
Old 10-20-2014, 05:30 AM
theevesh

post a pic
Old 10-20-2014, 05:50 AM
Dekker001

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If they do total it, remember that you have first option to buy back the car as totalled. I got my bmw 55 I back totalled for $600. You can recouped 6x that parting out the car....
Old 10-20-2014, 02:26 PM
garrettchapman

Originally Posted by Dekker001
If they do total it, remember that you have first option to buy back the car as totalled. I got my bmw 55 I back totalled for $600. You can recouped 6x that parting out the car....
My car is probably not totaled lol, just a messed up bumper. Depending on how much it is she might just cut us a check for 1000. In the case that she just gives us the check I will just get duraflex front and rear bumpers.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:17 PM
JTeeAre

My car is probably not totaled lol, just a messed up bumper. Depending on how much it is she might just cut us a check for 1000. In the case that she just gives us the check I will just get duraflex front and rear bumpers.
Aw cmon dont throw duraflex on the car sheesh, just have them fix it.

If the only true damage was the rear bumper just have them fix it.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:34 AM
garrettchapman

Default Got the z back from the shop

If any of you guys remember the post titled early birthday, which basically says I got new rims for my birthday and as we are headed home some lady hits m, well my cars back from the shop. All in all it was about 1200 including the new bumper, paint work, and the new reflector. I just wanted to say thanks for everyone who helped me to figure what was going to happen and have a good day.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:58 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Don't recall but good for you bud.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:12 AM
JTeeAre

If any of you guys remember the post titled early birthday, which basically says I got new rims for my birthday and as we are headed home some lady hits m, well my cars back from the shop. All in all it was about 1200 including the new bumper, paint work, and the new reflector. I just wanted to say thanks for everyone who helped me to figure what was going to happen and have a good day.
I remember, I had told you to ask for Volks lawl.

Good to hear it all worked out.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:26 PM
FairladyBlue

$1200 ? maybe there was hidden damage, but i suspect the bodyshop did the usual tricks
Old 11-08-2014, 08:35 PM
JTeeAre

Originally Posted by FairladyBlue
$1200 ? maybe there was hidden damage, but i suspect the bodyshop did the usual tricks
If i'm right he didn't pay a thing though.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:52 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

So is it back together and doing well again now?
Old 11-09-2014, 09:27 AM
garrettchapman

Originally Posted by terrasmak
So is it back together and doing well again now?
yes the car is doing good, I can tell the difference between the paint though. the bumper appears purple while the hatch is blue. It might just be me but it looks like they didn't do that good of a job.
And the 1200 was for the bumper, painting, labor and the reflectors.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:12 PM
FairladyBlue

mine is a little off too.. i think it's normal

Last edited by FairladyBlue; 11-10-2014 at 07:18 PM.