Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z becoming the new 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 09:12 AM
venture210

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by allboutcali
Just like anything in life it comes and goes. The fact that a 12 year old car can now be afforded by a "younger" crowd shouldn't effect how perceive a group of people or even a car. Yes this car changed the game when it came out but that has came and gone and now it's just another car out there who cares who is driving it. What should matter is the joy it brings to you and the people you have met in real life and on this forum that you have connected with over your car. Just like anything in life there are a group of idiots in any circle that give that particular item group or thing a bad reputation. I'm tired of people starting these threads, who really cares. I turned 25 today and bought this car a year ago. I could've bought anything under 30k but chose this car for a reason. I'm young and own a 8 year old car but I didn't buy this car because it was all my pockets could afford and I needed an entry level sports car. I bought this car because in 2004 my uncle bought a track 350z and since then I've been in love with this car at the end of the day a car is a car and there are good people and idiots out there that give things a bad reputation if it's something you don't want to be a part of maybe switch cars just my .02
Looks like you bought it for the right reason then. As for your switching cars comment, I love the Z too much to want to do that. It has that spirit that still hasn't gotten old to me and is an amazing drift machine. I'm driving it until the wheels fall off As owner demographics change, I'll continue to love it and I guess do my best to hold back any disdain towards the immature crowd.

Last edited by venture210; 12-20-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:48 PM
gilson350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long time lurker, first time poster. I made an account because I finally feel like I have something to contribute.

I just turned 25, and my first car is an '06 350z Ethusiast. When I was younger, I did not even want a 350z because my goal was to mod everything on the car. As I got older (now), I do not want to do that anymore, that is why I chose a Z because I feel I want the perfect stock car, and everything stock on a Z is a masterpiece and driving it just feels 'right'.

What I am trying to say is, I do not think the younger generation would target the 350z (as I did not) if they would want to mod it or rice it because it just doesn't seem like a good platform to mod on (do not get me wrong, I think people could mod this car greatly, but I feel if they would spend a lot of cash on modding it, the 350z is just not a popular choice). I think the younger generation would target another category of cars if they are into the modding scene.

Last edited by gilson350z; 12-20-2014 at 02:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Frank_White (08-05-2015)
Old 12-20-2014, 07:51 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Locally I have seen a lot of dumb ricers with the 350. They also drive in typical rice fashion and have no regard for peoples safety.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Sunset350ZR

I just feel old reading this thread and seeing the age of those that call themselves old. I bought my car off the lot after I test drove a redline sitting at the dealership. I actually stopped there on my way to test drive a S2K. My girlfriend now wife suggested I try the new a new Z. She had had a Z31. They were on the same road so I agreed. The dealership had a black 350Z coupe and a roadster. The salesman said someone was out in the coupe but I could drive the roadster to get a feel for it until they came back. I put the top down and pulled out of the dealership and have been smitten ever since.

Anyway over the the years i have made changes here and there to my Z some to make her all mine. Since I bought my ZE I also bought a coupe but sold it as it just didn't work that well for me as a daily. I sometimes still regret selling it, but a neighbor came up to me and made an offer I couldn't refuse. That car by the way was shortly after wrecked and gone.

There were times when i thought i needed something faster so I bought an EVO X. I can truly say I still enjoy driving the Z more. It just feels good, and I have seen others who couldn't afford a Z to those that could all love driving one. Therefore I can't blame anyone for wanting that feeling young or old. As time goes on our cars will increase in rarity and for those that want to keep them hopefully we can.Like all cars their popularity will decrease, and their numbers will as well as they are crashed or just wear out. Eventually they will be just like the Z32s out there. You will see them but when you see an old nice one, I for one have to give the thumbs up. So don't despair. Sorry to ramble
Old 12-21-2014, 07:27 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunset350ZR
There were times when i thought i needed something faster so I bought an EVO X. I can truly say I still enjoy driving the Z more.
I feel the same way.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:46 PM
n0smoke

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

This thread really makes me want to go for a drive...

I bought the car on the 1st, and broke my foot at work on the 12th. The Z was stuck at work until the 15th so all of the neighbors assumed I wrecked the car. (Kinda coincidental, I guess the general public does think we're reckless drivers )

Now it's going on twelve days without driving it after just getting it. Talk about torture.

Now the neighbors get to see me stand eerily in my living room staring out of the window at it on my crutches.

Kinda OT - Needed to vent.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:59 PM
bith8791

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by n0smoke
This thread really makes me want to go for a drive...

I bought the car on the 1st, and broke my foot at work on the 12th. The Z was stuck at work until the 15th so all of the neighbors assumed I wrecked the car. (Kinda coincidental, I guess the general public does think we're reckless drivers )

Now it's going on twelve days without driving it after just getting it. Talk about torture.

Now the neighbors get to see me stand eerily in my living room staring out of the window at it on my crutches.

Kinda OT - Needed to vent.
Stop being a wimp and drive it, I drove mine with a broken leg, it took some practice pressing the clutch with a cast on but I got it.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:21 PM
clubhopper

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
I feel the same way.
Yeah felt the same too. Bought an STI. Got rid of it in year 2 of ownership. I mean I liked the STi, and in the snow it was great... But the Z just feels like flying a plane. Seating position etc.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Frostydc4

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by clubhopper
But the Z just feels like flying a plane. Seating position etc.

That feel
Old 12-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Frostydc4

Also I dont see the Z33/Z34 going the way of the S chassis cars b/c the average age demographic is higher (everyone I see in a Z is at least in the 30's in my area).

I'm personally waiting to see what they do with the Z35 (I think they will offer DI turbo I-4 (2.0L) and V-6 (3.0 L) motors)
Old 12-22-2014, 10:24 PM
che69velle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is loud, low, cambered, stickered, carbon fibered, has racing seats and a qd steering wheel guess its rice.

I'm 27 and bought the z with the intent to mod it further than the previous owner did. But at the price of mods I don't see kids getting one, there's a few on base but most are stock, I don't drive like an idiot

I see more kids in newer cars that the z
Old 12-23-2014, 03:46 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

but you bought it that way, you didnt build it that way
Old 12-23-2014, 06:57 AM
mr. sparco

Would be interesting to see the outcome. Most of the guys that came from domestic muscle over the years have been questionable, with the exception of a few. Replica Ings lip off ebay, faux VS hood, hazed headlights, and questionable Nizmo v1 wing..? Not sure.

Last edited by mr. sparco; 12-23-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:35 PM
Sunset350ZR

I like 370s and all but damn that's a nice car.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:29 PM
che69velle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Would be interesting to see the outcome. Most of the guys that came from domestic muscle over the years have been questionable, with the exception of a few. Replica Ings lip off ebay, faux VS hood, hazed headlights, and questionable Nizmo v1 wing..? Not sure.
Vis hood, vis n1 lip, ? V1 wing. Has aps tt kit, tien coil overs with edfc, it was someones labor of love, gonna raise it, un camber the rear, go meaty instead of stretch and v2-v3 bumper for now.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:25 PM
n0smoke

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bith8791
Stop being a wimp and drive it, I drove mine with a broken leg, it took some practice pressing the clutch with a cast on but I got it.
Hah. I would if I could. Believe me! It's my right leg and have to wear this big *** boot thing. I hopped in it to reprogram some new key fobs I bought and there's just no feasible way. Not worth putting someone else in danger because I can't control the gas/brake.

Originally Posted by Sunset350ZR
I like 370s and all but damn that's a nice car.
Thanks a lot! I love the 370's too but couldn't justify the extra $$$ for not much gain.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:44 PM
mr. sparco

Originally Posted by che69velle
Vis hood, vis n1 lip, ? V1 wing.
VIS makes replica/knock off parts.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Frostydc4

Thanks a lot! I love the 370's too but couldn't justify the extra $$$ for not much gain.

Thats how I felt after driving the 370z and my car back to back.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:30 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Doesn't matter what the value of the car is, it's all about the quality of aftermarket parts and mods added by the owner

New car with cheap wheels and plasti-dip everywhere =
Old 12-31-2014, 08:00 PM
chitownpete

I don't really care about anyone else. My 04 ZR is bone stock (except G35 Coupe OEM wheels), has only 35,000 miles, is mint. The Top hasn't been up in over 2 years and the car is debadged. People often ask what kind of car it is and a waitress at a restaurant once (responding after learning it was a 350z) said "Dam, I didn't know a Nissan be Rollin' like dat!". People don't recognize the car with the top down, seems people like to leave it up most of the time. I picked the 350z over many cars including my dream car (air cooled 911- steering wheel was too low and no tilt was ever available in those cars!) and I have no plans of ever selling it. Let them rice away, this is no Civic. Tomorrow we celebrate New Years with a top down ride to breakfast in 25 degree weather. Picture me Rollin' Bitches!
Attached Thumbnails 350z becoming the new 240sx-20141019_150853.jpg  

Last edited by chitownpete; 12-31-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: 350z becoming the new 240sx