Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

2004 Nissan 350z N/A build

Old 12-23-2014, 05:29 AM
tommy smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you don't have much H.P so no need for AFTERMARKET LSD

Originally Posted by Victor_B
Need some advice for the next stage .What'd be the most reasonable combination for my current setup, -3.9 final drive + quaife ATB Lsd ??...or may be 4.0 + Final drives and some other LSD like cusco etc....Know there are many of similar threads but i'm still hesitating ... Car has to be streetable ,good for drag racing and track....thats why i thought about this (3.9 final drive + quaife ATB Lsd ) combi...So what r your thoughts, guys ?
3:90 or 4:08 ?? All depends on what RPM you're shifting at & the size of wheels/tires you'll be using. Tell me that and I'll give you an answer, one from actual experience
Old 12-23-2014, 08:15 AM
Victor_B

Originally Posted by tommy smith
3:90 or 4:08 ?? All depends on what RPM you're shifting at & the size of wheels/tires you'll be using. Tell me that and I'll give you an answer, one from actual experience
Hey Tommy ) shifting RpM :7500,rear tires 256/45/18 (but it's temporary u know ))) as for the low hp, u know its never enough ) but ... Even on good tires I never have good grip from the start if I exceed 2000 rpm and spend almost 2 gears slipping...I was told it's all about factory lsd that causes only one wheel spinning
Old 12-23-2014, 08:28 AM
tommy smith

Default IF

Hey Tommy ) shifting RpM :7500,rear tires 256/45/18 (but it's temporary u know ))) as for the low hp, u know its never enough ) but ... Even on good tires I never have good grip from the start if I exceed 2000 rpm and spend almost 2 gears slipping...I was told it's all about factory lsd that causes only one wheel spinning
If you can shift a DE that high 7,500 rpm then with those size tires you need at least a 4:08 gear set.

If you go on www.youtube.com & look up andre12031948, you'll find 2 of my old videos. One was of my tach where you can see my 7,500 rpm shifts but with smaller wheels/tires. You'll notice that when I crossed the finish line my RPM was only at 7,000 so I changed to 4:08 and I crossed at 7,500 my shifting points and ideal to do.

It's called in the blink of an eye. I learned how to shift when I was very young. I could actually press clutch(stiffer springs pressure plate) shift pop clutch in a blink of your eyes. For real !!!

Last edited by tommy smith; 12-23-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Victor_B

If you can shift a DE that high 7,500 rpm then with those size tires you need at least a 4:08 gear set.

If you go on www.youtube.com & look up andre12031948, you'll find 2 of my old videos. One was of my tach where you can see my 7,500 rpm shifts but with smaller wheels/tires. You'll notice that when I crossed the finish line my RPM was only at 7,000 so I changed to 4:08 and I crossed at 7,500 my shifting points and ideal to do.

It's called in the blink of an eye. I learned how to shift when I was very young. I could actually press clutch(stiffer springs pressure plate) shift pop clutch in a blink of your eyes. For real !!!
Error ...245/45/18 . I"ll take a look, thanks. Appreciate your help) I'm not that good at shifting. Also I had a trouble with my gearbox couple of times. Missed 3d gear on 7000 rpm and put it on the 1st. U can imagine what happened to vehicle )))
Old 12-23-2014, 11:32 AM
tommy smith

Default try this

Error ...245/45/18 . I"ll take a look, thanks. Appreciate your help) I'm not that good at shifting. Also I had a trouble with my gearbox couple of times. Missed 3d gear on 7000 rpm and put it on the 1st. U can imagine what happened to vehicle )))
With the engine OFF and you're parked try practicing shifting. Tap the clutch and ALMOST at the same time (as fast as you can) smash the stick down into second, try to be in second before that clutch pedal comes back up I know that sounds impossible but that's how I learned. Third the same thing but DON'T think JUST go STRAIGHT UP, it will go into 3rd cause your hand will slightly move away from your body and going straight up will really end up going a BIT to the right. As far as getting into first while going into third that is hard to do ????

You should limit that practice cause it's not really good for the transmission.

As far as mods, driving well is the BEST mod Can't do that, mods will be a waste of money and time... Good luck...

With your tires & shifting at 7,500 rpm 4:08 is the way to go....

Last edited by tommy smith; 12-23-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Victor_B

With the engine OFF and you're parked try practicing shifting. Tap the clutch and ALMOST at the same time (as fast as you can) smash the stick down into second, try to be in second before that clutch pedal comes back up I know that sounds impossible but that's how I learned. Third the same thing but DON'T think JUST go STRAIGHT UP, it will go into 3rd cause your hand will slightly move away from your body and going straight up will really end up going a BIT to the right. As far as getting into first while going into third that is hard to do ????

You should limit that practice cause it's not really good for the transmission.

As far as mods, driving well is the BEST mod Can't do that, mods will be a waste of money and time... Good luck...

With your tires & shifting at 7,500 rpm 4:08 is the way to go....
Thanks Man! I watched the videos , now I see how do u get those fantastic time records ) the drag strip surface is sticky as hell I guess , i m pretty sure some special glue is used for stiffness , right? U shot from 4000 rpm like a bullet. It's no way I can do this in our conditions , and also don't forget about our fuel quality ) u know what I'm talking about ))))lol
Old 02-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Sonic1

I have the 4:08 gears with Nismo Diff. Significantly improved acceleration with virtually stock motor.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:30 AM
Victor_B

Originally Posted by Sonic1
I have the 4:08 gears with Nismo Diff. Significantly improved acceleration with virtually stock motor.
De motor ? what RPM you're shifting at and the size of wheels/tires r u using? thanx
friend of mine has quiafe diff...and its just amazing....cornering are fantastic.probably my very next mod
Old 06-12-2015, 05:37 AM
Toneloc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

14.0 at 100 with a 2.3 60ft with full boltons minus headers, throttle body and came on open diff street tires... With slicks I should be mid 13 @ 105