Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone Buy a Z from Vehbidz salvage online? Need a track Z for next season..

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 09:54 AM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone Buy a Z from Vehbidz salvage online? Need a track Z for next season..

Alright so right now I have my 2004 350ZR that has a clean title and I am going to be selling shortly. I'm getting the paint finished up and am redoing the leather seats first. Couldn't sell it with the seats tearing, I want it to be taken care of
And now for the fun stuff. Reason I am looking at buying a car that is salvaged from a yard is because I am building a drift car and want an HR motor and figured I would buy salvage and not ruin a clean title Z. After all I will be tearing a lot of stock parts out and figure buy a slavage for a few grand and spend the rest of the money on parts.
Any input is appreciated. After are start building the next Z I will post a build thread also. Right now I just have some SPL parts laying around waiting..
I am in the Socal area, but willing to travel a few hundred miles to pick one up if anybody has any other options or ideas.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:43 AM
350Z Project X

well this sucks. I was really hoping someone could chime in here...
Old 12-31-2014, 07:23 AM
Blurvision

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

Not sure what feedback your looking for? Any z thats salvaged will have been crashed, and will need signification work. Make sure the cost to repair the body and get the chassis straight isnt more than just buying a base z.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:22 AM
350Z Project X

Originally Posted by Blurvision
Not sure what feedback your looking for? Any z thats salvaged will have been crashed, and will need signification work. Make sure the cost to repair the body and get the chassis straight isnt more than just buying a base z.
Just if anyone bought from the site or anything or info on it. The work isn't the problem, I have a guy with a shop that can straighten if it is at all tweaked. I'm looking for a salvaged one because I will be abusing it at the track am not concerned about it needing rebuilding. My thoughts why I am buying a wrecked one/salvage that at least runs is because I can use the money on aftermarket parts anyways. There are a lot on there that are in minor wrecks. I already bought some SPL parts for the suspension. Here is my breakdown in money and what I am thinking.
Sell my current Z for around 9.5k-11k
Buy salvage 07-08 Z for around 3k-6k depending on condition. (includes shipping auction fees and other fees)
Invest rest of money into suspension, angle, 2-way LSD, and spare wheels.
I'm in California where there is no shortage of Z's or idiots wrecking them.