Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

07 350z base question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 09:44 AM
zoulf8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 350z base question

I have done alot of research online about this but i cant seem to find it.
My problem started off about 6 months ago, my airbag light came on and started flashing every once in a while, the after about 3 months of this it always flashes, so I decided to see what the light was all about seeing as i had inspection coming up in a couple months and i wanted it taken care of for inspection. So i scanned the car and came up with a passenger presence system code. so i found some info on some recalls for it and took it to the dealer, and of course my car isnt covered . so i priced out the part at the dealer and when he told me 1400$ for the seat cushion i kinda just laughed took a part quote and walked away. after that i tested the wires for ground and power and everything seemed to be in order, so it turns out i need a seat. but heres my problem, when i bought the car 2 years ago, it was completly stock 6 speed 07. every other z i see thats a 07 base, has cloth seats. but my seats are two color leather. I can tell that they are oem seats because they fit fine, and they have the side airbag just like the stock cloth seats. if anyone can clear any of this up for me it would be great. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:38 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Those seats are probably aftermarket leather seats. The base models came only with cloth seats.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:01 AM
zoulf8

Thats what i thought too... is there any way that they could have been ordered from factory? because i have looked under the seat and all the brackets for the harnesses are there and everything fits correctly.
And if they are aftermarket is there any way of telling what year/model they are from? because i need a new passenger presence system/bladder, which is located in the seat cushion. Thank you for your quick response.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:13 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

To my knowledge, there was no way to order leather seats from the factory. The dealers were very happy to install leather interiors in the cars without them. Properly installed, you would not be able to tell aftermarket leather seats from factory installed leather seats. Why don't you post a picture of your seats? That might help determine the kind of seats that you have.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:16 AM
zoulf8

Alright I will post a picture of the seats in a couple of hours. Currently at work lol. Thank you.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:05 PM
monztr

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A lot of dealers added aftermarket leather to base model cars then added it to the sales price, turns out a lot of people wanted leather without buying the whole touring package or maybe there just weren't enough touring models to go round. I know my local Nissan dealer did this. I also know that 90% of the used Z's advertized as Track models are not track models.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:29 PM
zoulf8

Here is a picture of my passenger seat.
Attached Thumbnails 07 350z base question-image.jpg  
Old 02-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

That is not an OEM leather covering material (no two tone seats of that style on Z). There are quite a number of after market leather seat covers like this available. The stock seat covering is removed and the after market cover is fitted using all the stock hog-ring attachments etc. These are rather nice looking and excellent fitting covers.