2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Declining expectations for My350Z posts

Old 04-18-2015, 05:32 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by StuLax18
You think you got problems with people making dumb threads? Just wait until you try to get a domestic dealership to paint match something!

Oh wait...

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
I think this thread should be stickied and every new member should have to read that first post during signup.
Done!

Originally Posted by myfirstzcar
This doesn't bother me. I'm smart enough to know that the price of a 350z has come down over the years. You're going to see more beat up riced out punk owned 350Zs on the road as time goes by.....but I'm not selling mine, it's still nearly perfect.

What does annoy me are people who think they're better just because they've been members of a forum for so long....like they were born with all this knowledge.
People like travlee and syner, for example, who spend more time calling people noob than doing anything else. Get over yourselves already! It's pathetic how people have to nitpick others just to make themselves feel better. People like that are pathetic, un-enlightened, self centered *******s. DKmura, you're cool, never had a problem with you.....keep helping people, since that's what forums are about.
Fwiw, I just put a new clutch and solid fly in mine, by myself, with no help from this forum at all....I googled some stuff, and did the job myself.
There's reason number 2 why I don't need a forum full of douchebags!
Calling people on this site will generally get you treated differently. I know there are dbags everywhere, but I don't go calling them out. It's undue attention that I don't need because it's too much drama. Like Stu said, there are FB pages full of dbags. They know little about the car but pretend they do because they're brand ****** or quote/spew/repeat what others have posted.

Some people are just different. People like travlee are older and have made their fair share of mistakes (I know I have), but they learned from it and may know more than a lot of others or they know how to find the answers. I think part of the problem is that we have a lot of dumb car owners who never bothered to read up on things and simply want that quick answer. It's indicative of the society we live in - instant gratification with little effort.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:35 AM
Nismospek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I guess I am one of those new members but I actually come from the Datsun Z world. I joined to do more research on the vq engine for a possible build. It doesn't surprise me that this is occurring with the new members. The Z's have finally dropped in price enough were they are essentially disposable. There are people out there that are starting to be able to pay straight cash for them. You will start seeing more of them being torn up and used for drifting and other things. The true die hards will have to just wait it out until those members either mature or crash their cars and move on to another platform. I think the Z32 forums are currently at that stage were the only owners left are the die hards who love their vehicles and want to keep as many of the vehicles on the road. This goal its what keeps the community going strong.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:19 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Members like syner have replaced the OGs who brought lolz, like hraes and alberto. Its not like how it used to be when the 350z was bought mostly by mature, established, or younger educated professionals. Now you see newbs who think having good credit to get a loan on a sub $15k used car is something to shout about (nothing wrong w that, congratz but pales) when it used to be members dropping $15k in mods a day after buying a $35k+ car. The quality of comments goes down in proportion to the value of the car.
Hraes just had a kid btw, so this is all a moot point because the world is about to end.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:27 AM
myfirstzcar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmoothZ

Done!

Calling people on this site will generally get you treated differently. I know there are dbags everywhere, but I don't go calling them out. It's undue attention that I don't need because it's too much drama. Like Stu said, there are FB pages full of dbags. They know little about the car but pretend they do because they're brand ****** or quote/spew/repeat what others have posted.

Some people are just different. People like travlee are older and have made their fair share of mistakes (I know I have), but they learned from it and may know more than a lot of others or they know how to find the answers. I think part of the problem is that we have a lot of dumb car owners who never bothered to read up on things and simply want that quick answer. It's indicative of the society we live in - instant gratification with little effort.
You make a valid point, and sometimes I get a little carried away, sorry for that. I'd be happy to come here more often if it weren't for people acting like they were born with all this knowledge.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by StuLax18
Hraes just had a kid btw, so this is all a moot point because the world is about to end.
I thought he had a kid a while ago (last summer)?
Old 04-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Syner

You make a valid point, and sometimes I get a little carried away, sorry for that. I'd be happy to come here more often if it weren't for people acting like they were born with all this knowledge.
Everything I've learned about this platform has come from this site. I rarely post in new threads anymore.

...but maybe I should start again...
Old 04-18-2015, 01:04 PM
myfirstzcar

Originally Posted by Syner
Everything I've learned about this platform has come from this site. I rarely post in new threads anymore.

Wouldn't hurt I guess.....fwiw, I've learned by using Google, and probably found 2/3 of my info to be in here anyway.....but I always Google first. I'm fearless when it comes to repairing my Z or my Titan, but I do like to know what I need in advance.
My biggest pet peeve is actually when someone writes a whole paragraph replying to a noob about how they should've searched.....when a one word answer would've sufficed.
That to me is just wrong. This is a forum, right?
Old 04-18-2015, 01:22 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,043 Likes on 6,509 Posts

Wouldn't hurt I guess.....fwiw, I've learned by using Google, and probably found 2/3 of my info to be in here anyway.....but I always Google first. I'm fearless when it comes to repairing my Z or my Titan, but I do like to know what I need in advance.
My biggest pet peeve is actually when someone writes a whole paragraph replying to a noob about how they should've searched.....when a one word answer would've sufficed.
That to me is just wrong. This is a forum, right?
did you search???

couldn't resist, but with the car more attainable to younger people.... most don't
Old 04-18-2015, 04:32 PM
myfirstzcar

Lol
Old 04-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Frank_White

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

what puzzles me is how some could just ask a question on the forum and just wait and wait for someone to answer their question, when they can just google the question and get the answer right away
Old 04-18-2015, 07:27 PM
FOOKhonda

I agree guys, this is getting pathetic, as more and more stupid useless threads get posted I've noticed I have been getting on forums less and less and for smaller amounts of time as I used to.

I used to get on and read interesting posts and learn things and see some neat builds etc.. now I get on and after 5 mins my neck forehead and palm hurts from all the head shaking and facepalming...

I honestly miss seeing all the great posts I had seen for the past year, I've learned soo much from the useful threads. I only wish these idiots could learn to do a little reading.. sure, we all made a dumb post or two, but this is absolutely ridiculous, especially when they could read the 500+ other threads that are titled almost the same exact thing and find the answer, and this thread is seriously easy to navigate through so I don't see how these people don't even see the other threads before they click the create new thread button, like really!?!?! If you can't read the other threads what's the since in even answering you, not like your going to read our posts, and half the time they don't because they ask the same question that you just answered over and over.

I hope we can find a reasonable solution to this problem and get back to having those intelligent threads that we used to have, the ones I enjoy reading and learning new things from!
Old 04-18-2015, 07:32 PM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by Frank_White
what puzzles me is how some could just ask a question on the forum and just wait and wait for someone to answer their question, when they can just google the question and get the answer right away
I literally just said this in the noobs thread and said this yesterday in a conversation with my gf.
What's screwed up about it is like I said, they, and most people for that matter google every other question they ever have.. and 9x out of 10 someone links the google page that answers their question with the exact words they used here!
Old 04-18-2015, 07:34 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
I agree guys, this is getting pathetic, as more and more stupid useless threads get posted I've noticed I have been getting on forums less and less and for smaller amounts of time as I used to.

I used to get on and read interesting posts and learn things and see some neat builds etc.. now I get on and after 5 mins my neck forehead and palm hurts from all the head shaking and facepalming...

I honestly miss seeing all the great posts I had seen for the past year, I've learned soo much from the useful threads. I only wish these idiots could learn to do a little reading.. sure, we all made a dumb post or two, but this is absolutely ridiculous, especially when they could read the 500+ other threads that are titled almost the same exact thing and find the answer, and this thread is seriously easy to navigate through so I don't see how these people don't even see the other threads before they click the create new thread button, like really!?!?! If you can't read the other threads what's the since in even answering you, not like your going to read our posts, and half the time they don't because they ask the same question that you just answered over and over.

I hope we can find a reasonable solution to this problem and get back to having those intelligent threads that we used to have, the ones I enjoy reading and learning new things from!
I totally agree. Even 1-1.5 years ago there were much better threads when i started searching here. I learned alot. Also created a fire within me to pioneer and do some of my own unique touches.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:35 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Honestly, my eyes glaze over the nasty posts and dumb threads. I just simply move on to something else that interests me.

Please don't.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:58 PM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
I totally agree. Even 1-1.5 years ago there were much better threads when i started searching here. I learned alot. Also created a fire within me to pioneer and do some of my own unique touches.
Exactly, and these past couple months its just been more and more dumb posts cluttering all the useful stuff. Eventually everything useful will be buried under all the idiot posts. If half these people would read the sticky "read this before posting" they would most likely never even create a thread.
but even when I google specific stuff here I still find things I learn from. And in turn I still try to post things that may help others thy I haven't found answers for on here. I know in the beginning I made a dumb post, but at least I try to contribute to the community and pay off my debt.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
I literally just said this in the noobs thread and said this yesterday in a conversation with my bf.
What's screwed up about it is like I said, they, and most people for that matter google every other question they ever have.. and 9x out of 10 someone links the google page that answers their question with the exact words they used here!
fixt

Please don't.

lol I'll take this as an informal warning...
Old 04-19-2015, 10:39 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Please don't.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:49 AM
FOOKhonda

fixt
This is only to be expected by a Canadian aye?

Old 04-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

The only reason why I have joined the Z FB groups is for the sales. I found several great deals from people that dont feel like dealing with identification on forums.

Key note: NEVER GIFT MONEY
Old 04-20-2015, 06:23 PM
Toneloc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Declining expectations for My350Z posts