Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom diffuser, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 06:41 PM
leafjerky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
Leafjerky, I dig the look of the one you put on my car, except for the "mesh center". I'm at work and conveniently enough, that was the only picture I could see HAHA!!

I could see that design causing drag though. I already have enough "lift" since I went with the GReddy Evo 2 making a huge pocket for air to collect in. I don't notice it during my cruises but anything I do from this point forward would have to have function (and form as a by product imo) I have included a picture of the GReddy exhaust from the bottom to see what you'd be working with... This does NOT have the INGS rear though
Yeah, the general idea was to keep it running under your exhaust (somehow). It would have to be special made. All of this is just concept and practice at this point. I appreciate the input though. I'm working on a few other projects at the moment, all turning out equally disappointing haha. Maybe one day I'll get my **** together. The mesh part was simply to allow any trapped air to escape... in theory.

Originally Posted by XM 1
this thing looks sooooo need for speed underground 2 ......i hate it.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by KingBaby
With the sharp angles and small creases...what material is this going to be made out of ?

Designing something is one thing, making practical for the application is entirely different!

In for cardboard mock up
I totally agree. I thought carbon fiber at first, but it would have to be dry and using one hell of a vac. Basically $$$$. Fiberglass is more forgivable but I would have to do thick layers. Not sure yet. Maybe if I could get someone on Alibaba to quote me on some durable plastic (PP, PPE, UP), I could really get somewhere. Still figuring things out. Haven't really got measurements or holes lined up for fitment either. So many unknown variables and not enough money and time to do it. I always say it must be nice to be born rich, but then I probably wouldn't have the desire to do this.