Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Up and coming owner of a 350Z.. Hopefully.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:10 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

That crashed z for sale. "Clean title" 😂
Old 04-26-2015, 03:11 PM
bith8791

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
i am here now...... catching up

part of the reason i parted with mine

but this makes too much sense, or cents if you are anthony

GIVEN, pay attention in school

shhhh, just let him get it and dugan it. kinda like the TT one in florida that was sold and then posted on craigslist in about a week totaled out

for your reading pleasure
https://my350z.com/forum/zs-and-gs-f...rsburg-fl.html
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4988800264.html

most banks won't finance a car over 7 years old, i think they only reason i got financing on the vette is because i had 15k cash down on a 47k car

team z06 here

not if he is wanting to finance like he said he might earlier

it is nice being older, full coverage on my z06 is 138 a month
I can't believe that TT z has been wrecked already, I want to know the story behind that, it was a nice z.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:11 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

i lol'd when i saw that, thought about spoofing my number and calling him to ask how it is a clean title

the FS sale thread said sold on the 17th, and then the CL add popped up on the 20th.... so about 3 days, maybe a few more depending on when the seller updated the thread

Last edited by travlee; 04-26-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:20 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by travlee
i ninja edited... check my post again, posted links
Yeah I just seen that scrolling back through, I was like "doood wtff I know that wasn't there a min ago..... " lolol

Last edited by FOOKhonda; 04-26-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:22 PM
Frank_White

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bith8791
I can't believe that TT z has been wrecked already, I want to know the story behind that, it was a nice z.
What a shame... That thing was beautiful
Old 04-26-2015, 05:24 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

Poor kid doesn't realize all the hidden costs that come with owning this thing. I hope he does buy it and I hope he posts the first time he has to go buy new tires, that alone will run $900-1200 at least.

If you're still reading this OP, I took my car in last year for a basic alignment after buying new tires. Guy comes out and says they've 'found a problem' and can't do the alignment as requested. He takes out a diagram of a car and makes circles around each of the four wheels and draws the number 687 near each one. He then proceeds to tell me that the bushings of several of my car's control arms have worn out and will have to be replaced. The parts and labor = $687 a piece. That plus the alignment and tax came out to near $3k.

Luckily I finished school and not a total idiot so I laughed and walked out. Found the parts I needed and got a local shop to do the work at a fraction of the initial price. These cars aren't cheap and if you think your tiny "budget" will even come close to being enough you're sadly mistaken.

Finish school, get a job, live life and worry about a car later. You've got your whole life to own something, probably a lot better than a Z.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:32 PM
MatthewBouchard

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

I'd love to have ur rates Travlee lol. I was paying 200 and than gieco wanted to spike it up to about 280 so i switched. I wanna be old ;( .
Old 04-26-2015, 06:39 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

you will be one day!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:08 AM
TenneZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MatthewBouchard
I'd love to have ur rates Travlee lol. I was paying 200 and than gieco wanted to spike it up to about 280 so i switched. I wanna be old ;( .
Strange, Geico is giving me a pretty damn good rate. Almost unbelievably good.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:28 AM
Trap Star

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do yourself a favor and buy something slow and cheap. Learn how to drive it, work on it, etc. I learned so much about working on cars when I bought my first 240. Repairs were cheap, parts are available everywhere, and possible setups were endless. Find a car like that (not necessarily a 240, there's plenty of options like that) now, get something quick and nice later.

I know that if I had a 350 at 17 I would have wrecked it horribly or would have gotten myself killed. Hell I'm 27 now and I'm still worried I'm going to crash mine.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:03 AM
MatthewBouchard

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TenneZee
Strange, Geico is giving me a pretty damn good rate. Almost unbelievably good.
It probably has something to do with me being hit twice this year at a red light and drive thru but im a mad street racing drifter yo, so dats tha life, ya know?
High insurance just gives me more motivation to go full time school + 3.0 GPA lol.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:12 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Wait until you are 25, because insurance will go from $200 to $150 so your butthole will hurt a little less. I know mine does.

Also, don't finance it.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:48 PM
Arrtus

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

If it's your daily driver, there is no way you are going to be able to pay that little for gas every month. I pay $50 every week and I drive about 20 miles a day (if I don't have to run errands).
Old 04-27-2015, 03:58 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I pay around 30 month for my full coverage... joys of being old, haha
Old 04-30-2015, 05:13 AM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That ended nicely. Its officially official. Accept it, and move on. The 350 has been crowned as the new civic. Im done.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:38 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeGegham
My friend drives an 03 Z, he's 16, I've gaven him my estimates he aswell said he's sure that's fine
First, don't take financial advice from a 16 year old. Ever.

Second, I don't really think you understand what it takes to afford a car at your age.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:22 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

17, jobless, basically no money saved up. Perfect scenario to have a daily driver and a weekend car LOL.

Take it from your elders, most people on here are right, stay with you current car and keep saving.

I had a brand new car at 17, but I was also working 4 jobs while going to school and playing sports. If you want nice things, you have to work hard for it.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:43 PM
ipodhustle

first off, I used to work for AAA insurance as a young dude (20 back then lol) so let me offer my insight.

1. your current beater: DITCH IT. just about anything European is expensive to maintain AND insure, even versus Japanese/Korean imports valued at a similar dollar level. get a Toyota corolla or something comparable for a "beater."

2. insurance situation: multi cars mean multi car discount on insurance (someone mentioned it previously as a negative, so I'd like to offer the positive view point.) also, have your insurance guy rate your mother as the primary driver on the Z, and you as the primary on beater or whatever is cheaper. also, some insurance guys can do creative things. my former coworker/buddy who is an insurance agent had me get life insurance so that I can get additional multi policy discounts that actually saved money over all. also if I die, my dad gets like 250k LOL

3. get a Costco membership card. other than free samples and 1.50 for a hot dog and soda haha, gas there is TOP TIER and VERY CHEAP. the membership will more than pay for itself. if your mom already has one, good. borrow it. you'll need to swipe her card before you pump gas. many complain about long gas lines, but the lines move quickly as all the gas transactions are done through credit/debit, nobody parking there car and walking in and out to pay cash, let alone buying stuff like chips and energy drinks.

4. 350z is a great car. it's pretty reliable, decent on gas if you don't mash on the pedal, and no back seats so friends don't turn you into a taxi without giving you gas money. I just got mine a month ago and it's also safer than my old beater, because it has good brakes for stopping, good suspension/good power, for getting in and out of traffic, and doesn't get stolen an awful lot. also for future consideration, it's a great candidate for a LS swap

if you would like to talk to my insurance guy to see how he can help, PM me. or PM me with any questions you may have insurance related as well.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:52 PM
ipodhustle

Originally Posted by 350zchad
I pay around 30 month for my full coverage... joys of being old, haha
You don't live in an area like Los Angeles, California where higher traffic means higher accident probabilities which create higher costs for the liability portion of insurance, as well as the collision portion.

There is technically no such thing as "full coverage" as every insurance policy has limits of liability and it is the comprehensive and collision portion that is commonly referred to as "full coverage"...minus your deductible if you have one.

After a certain age, statistically driving ability decreases so insurance rates will actually go up.

didn't mean to attack you, just want to educate people here about insurance since it's a popular topic in this thread.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:20 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ipodhustle
You don't live in an area like Los Angeles, California where higher traffic means higher accident probabilities which create higher costs for the liability portion of insurance, as well as the collision portion.

There is technically no such thing as "full coverage" as every insurance policy has limits of liability and it is the comprehensive and collision portion that is commonly referred to as "full coverage"...minus your deductible if you have one.

After a certain age, statistically driving ability decreases so insurance rates will actually go up.

didn't mean to attack you, just want to educate people here about insurance since it's a popular topic in this thread.
you aren't educating me

Last edited by 350zchad; 04-30-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Up and coming owner of a 350Z.. Hopefully.