2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mr. Bright Side *Build Thread*

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Leks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car was supposed to be done today but they cut an interior piece and had to order it. Hopefully tomorrow. ...

This is pretty much what she will look like until I decide on paint, I'm thinking about a color change.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:14 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Looks like they did a decent job patching in the quarter, looks like a little shipping damage just above the wheel. Unfortunately that happens alot with quarter panels for some reason. I used to ask for clean up time on new oem parts alot on quarters when i worked at a body shop.
What are you ideas for the color change?
Old 06-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Leks

My wife really likes this...

I really haven't looked at paint options at this point, I was more concerned with getting the bodywork done first. I still have to get new fenders.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:17 AM
rustyschopshop

Purple is not my color, but that satin does look pretty good. With the car being more your wifes, would make sense to go more her color direction. Either way nice that you are getting everthing sorted.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Leks

Well after getting tired of the run around, I demanded my car from the shop. They kept telling me that they were waiting on parts well after closer inspection, I found out why. They cut into the 1/4 window trim, and broke several pieces of trim, they even went as far as to put some rubber epoxy on a tab they broke and tried putting it on. Even though the existing gas cap was in good shape they refused to reuse it and ordered one, so we are still waiting on it. Keep in mind when we dropped the car off I told them if they needed any parts to call me because my former boss was the parts manager for Nissan and he would get me the parts fast and cheap. To top it all off someone tried to steal my stereo, and now my factory sub quit working, it's OK though because it's getting a new system.

Here is what she currently looks like

Old 06-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Leks

Oh and yes they are replacing the broken plastics.

Today I will start sanding on the wheels and get them ready to paint, but first I need to get the tires broken down. I will post progress pics as I go.

I am trying to decide on Tein Street Basis Coilovers or a Spring/Shock setup. Streets around here suck (we were rated #2 in the U.S. for the worst roads) so I don't want to go too low but I do want to lower it enough to enjoy the twisties when we head out of town (any input would be greatly appreciated).

Last edited by Leks; 06-12-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:44 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Such a beautiful oem color. My vote is to keep it OG.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:09 PM
blue06z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't see too many Brickyards around.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:46 PM
Leks

Didn't get anything done today, I forgot we had a big motorcycle and hotrod show today, plus I was busy finding thing they messed up and fixing what I could.

Here is the wheels, along with the one with the worst damage.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Leks

I'd go back oe color but was told it's a multi color blend which cost more? ? I figured if it's going to cost more, I might as well change the color, after all, the only oe color left after the fenders get swapped will be the left qp, roof, and hatch, all other parts have been replaced.

My other "car hobby" is rat rods,here is a $1000.00 build complete with air ride and all. This guy threw it together just for the show, yes it looks that way, yes it drives, yes it's fast, yes it's uncomfortable for long drives, but it's a cool little car especially for finding the cab in a dumpster.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:16 PM
rustyschopshop

Glad to hear you got your car back. Sorry to hear about what they were doing behind your back. Can't wait to see how your wheels come out.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:42 AM
Leks

I've been swamped at work and with BDays, Anniverssary, and upcoming holiday this month I haven't had time to start on the wheels. I do have a question regarding painting them however, my wife is dead set on getting her car painted purple, I'm thinking of going back oem, now the question is what color do I paint the wheels? I will NOT be plastidipping them, when done right they look decent but I have no intension of doing scratch repair just to cover it with cheap plastidip. I know if I go black it will match either color I decide to go, but I do like a bronze wheel which I know will match up with the purple, not sure about oe color. This is an oe wheel and I've only seen 1(the style I have) that was done in bronze, granted it was plastidip, but it still didn't look right. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Leks; 06-19-2015 at 04:45 AM.