Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Next Nissan Z car getting Delayed / Temp Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 06:30 PM
juelz86z3303

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 05track_Z
this saddens me deeply im a huge nissan fanboy, probably cause the 240sx is the first car i had when i got into cars and being a tuner. ive been saying for years they need an entry level sports car something to rival the genesis coupe (2.0t) rediesign the sr or even the ca (friend had a 400hp weekend hero that ran forerver) put down numbers like the mustang eco boost that thing would be the next srt-4 then also put out another z with a lower displacement boosted v6 just shy of 400hp with eco and sport mode. these are my dreams saddly i will probably never see these
I feel you man the z31 was my first Z car and coming from that single turbo 3.0 sohc I would have thought Nissan future would had been as bright as the z32tt I love my z and my g Coupe but the z32tt is still best Z car Nissan powers is all back in the cast iron blocks.. Lol yes it's true and I a have to say it but Nissan falling / fell off, not so much the 350z I respect it still when our cars came out it achieved it's goal the 350z destroyed the Porsche boxster and s. So for a 370z to arrive and can't even defeat a Porsche Cayman and those are serious. I said screw it and I'll side line it in my z and build it up and watch as these new 370's and g37 q60's deal with their issues and over hypeness. When I saw Hyundai come out and flip the script on the Genesis 3.8 I knew then Nissan Had a problem when they put out the 2.0t genesis I knew it was a problem for Z's most guys going Euro and Nissan/infinti a dying breed man.
Mustangs camaros Subies even Honda doing it. Nissan stuck like yeah 3.7 vvel 3.7 sport package syncro rev match shift bigger brakes dual intake from last year of 350z originally from z32tt . Like give us something to work with. But again everything they doing now they should had brought thru the 350Z platform in the first years ****. I would have loved my 350z to have a dual intake like the z32tt Z cars always carried on from the last generation. WTF said slap a single restricted intake and restrict the two front cylinders and say its our new design plenum to suck in great volume of air talking about moving backwards and being cheap not only do I have save 3k to twin intake my de I also have to pay to play . So yeah next car I might just get that porsche 996tt. Cuz all I see is gizmos and computer driving cars now and the fun stuff is trashed. It's like if we want power we have to go muscle like back in the 70's lol this new age muscle and it's redefined so yeah I'm sorry Nissan/infiniti is just loosing it.
They really just need to make boosted Z's they was good at that and man them turbo gearing that they use Nissan know they gotten extra cheapo not lazy. If I do get another Japanese car I will wait for the new rx-7 to come back and then steal my pops 2nd gen s5 fc3s lol.
👉👉👉
Old 06-24-2015, 07:08 PM
Frank_White

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by juelz86z3303
I feel you man the z31 was my first Z car and coming from that single turbo 3.0 sohc I would have thought Nissan future would had been as bright as the z32tt I love my z and my g Coupe but the z32tt is still best Z car Nissan powers is all back in the cast iron blocks.. Lol yes it's true and I a have to say it but Nissan falling / fell off, not so much the 350z I respect it still when our cars came out it achieved it's goal the 350z destroyed the Porsche boxster and s. So for a 370z to arrive and can't even defeat a Porsche Cayman and those are serious. I said screw it and I'll side line it in my z and build it up and watch as these new 370's and g37 q60's deal with their issues and over hypeness. When I saw Hyundai come out and flip the script on the Genesis 3.8 I knew then Nissan Had a problem when they put out the 2.0t genesis I knew it was a problem for Z's most guys going Euro and Nissan/infinti a dying breed man.
Mustangs camaros Subies even Honda doing it. Nissan stuck like yeah 3.7 vvel 3.7 sport package syncro rev match shift bigger brakes dual intake from last year of 350z originally from z32tt . Like give us something to work with. But again everything they doing now they should had brought thru the 350Z platform in the first years ****. I would have loved my 350z to have a dual intake like the z32tt Z cars always carried on from the last generation. WTF said slap a single restricted intake and restrict the two front cylinders and say its our new design plenum to suck in great volume of air talking about moving backwards and being cheap not only do I have save 3k to twin intake my de I also have to pay to play . So yeah next car I might just get that porsche 996tt. Cuz all I see is gizmos and computer driving cars now and the fun stuff is trashed. It's like if we want power we have to go muscle like back in the 70's lol this new age muscle and it's redefined so yeah I'm sorry Nissan/infiniti is just loosing it.
They really just need to make boosted Z's they was good at that and man them turbo gearing that they use Nissan know they gotten extra cheapo not lazy. If I do get another Japanese car I will wait for the new rx-7 to come back and then steal my pops 2nd gen s5 fc3s lol.
👉👉👉
i think your being a bit too harsh.. your forgetting out of the 3 big Japanese companies, Nissan is the only 1 still producing sports cars, Honda and Toyota both gave up a long time ago.

Btw the new rx-7 did come out.. its called the rx-8. and that failed miserably
Old 06-26-2015, 04:21 AM
05track_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank_White
i think your being a bit too harsh.. your forgetting out of the 3 big Japanese companies, Nissan is the only 1 still producing sports cars, Honda and Toyota both gave up a long time ago.

Btw the new rx-7 did come out.. its called the rx-8. and that failed miserably
he is being slightly harsh but agree with him on alot. Its sad to see they made a beast out of the 300zx and when the 350z came out we only had a non turbo option and less hp than the tt300zx. They have gotten very cheap the vq is a great motor but it could have been one of the best ever a little more money put in it and it could have been bulletproof like a new era 2jz but they sent the motor out with KNOWN flaws and have you seen our interiors?! no frills nothing special which im fine with but give me something else in exchange now that being said you made a great point honda and toyota has stopped although i do sense a new s2000 in our future but toyota screwed the pooch with their hideous new supra. im highly dissapointed in nissan.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:06 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by 05track_Z
he is being slightly harsh but agree with him on alot. Its sad to see they made a beast out of the 300zx and when the 350z came out we only had a non turbo option and less hp than the tt300zx. They have gotten very cheap the vq is a great motor but it could have been one of the best ever a little more money put in it and it could have been bulletproof like a new era 2jz but they sent the motor out with KNOWN flaws and have you seen our interiors?! no frills nothing special which im fine with but give me something else in exchange now that being said you made a great point honda and toyota has stopped although i do sense a new s2000 in our future but toyota screwed the pooch with their hideous new supra. im highly dissapointed in nissan.
Let's be fair and remember Nissan was not nearly as successful when the Z33 was being developed as it is today. You might recall the late 90's when they almost turned out the lights before Renault injected a lifeline. The VQ was a world class design and Nissan decided to utilize it in every way possible. But extra money to develop and federalize a new turbo motor? Get serious, they were fighting just to survive back in those days.

As for why Nissan haven't developed a kick-*** turbo engine? They did and it's called the VR38DETT. While the GT-R is way more coin, it features technology and supercar quality at production car pricing. That still doesn't mean either you or I can afford it. Still, I'm very proud of what Nissan has accomplished to date. I may not always agree on the direction they've taken, but overall, they've done well from the dark days before this Z33 was but a dream.
The following users liked this post:
Sunset350ZR (12-22-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 10:29 AM
05track_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
Let's be fair and remember Nissan was not nearly as successful when the Z33 was being developed as it is today. You might recall the late 90's when they almost turned out the lights before Renault injected a lifeline. The VQ was a world class design and Nissan decided to utilize it in every way possible. But extra money to develop and federalize a new turbo motor? Get serious, they were fighting just to survive back in those days.

As for why Nissan haven't developed a kick-*** turbo engine? They did and it's called the VR38DETT. While the GT-R is way more coin, it features technology and supercar quality at production car pricing. That still doesn't mean either you or I can afford it. Still, I'm very proud of what Nissan has accomplished to date. I may not always agree on the direction they've taken, but overall, they've done well from the dark days before this Z33 was but a dream.
thats a pretty fair statement