Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

One last nitrous post before i finish my kit..

Old 06-25-2015, 05:49 AM
07zee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One last nitrous post before i finish my kit..

Ive posted a few different threads in the last couple days as i wasn't sure which way to go with my kit (i basically got burnt on the kit i bought) Long story short I'm keeping my kit and only using the bottle and nitrous feed lines off of it. Im switching from a Zex management unit to regular NX solenoids and converting to a dual nozzle. However, i wanted to do a button activation instead of a WOT for a few different reasons. I was wondering if there was a way to use the Arming switch that Zex gave me to arm the system but NOT SPRAY THE NITROUS and still use a button for detonation.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:38 PM
Trbulnt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wire the switches in series that way they both need to be on for the nitrous to spray.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:41 PM
07zee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trbulnt
Wire the switches in series that way they both need to be on for the nitrous to spray.
Gotcha.. so basically battery to arming switch, arming switch to detonation button then detonation button to both solenoids then ground the solenoids?
Old 06-28-2015, 09:05 AM
Trbulnt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07zee
Gotcha.. so basically battery to arming switch, arming switch to detonation button then detonation button to both solenoids then ground the solenoids?
I like to use a relay in the circuit whenever possible. There are a few ways you could wire this circuit. The more I thought about it I would wire the arming switch to activate the relay and the activation switch complete the relay circuit. So Battery to relay to positive on solenoids. Ground to arming switch to relay. Switched 12v to activation button to relay. and just ground the solenoids to the motor.

I suggest a relay because certain solenoids can have a high amp draw and some switches aren't up to the task of the current.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:30 AM
monztr

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Most button activated systems still have a WOT switch in place to keep you from spraying unless you are at WOT. I'm not sure why you would want to spray unless you were already at WOT and would be worried that spraying without the throttle being wide open is a recipe for disaster.