2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dispute with member SAVEDBYGRACE

Old 08-04-2015, 09:58 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by meow69
Yeah I'm telling him he doesn't need to file a dispute and he can have his money back. Ill refund him. Ive stated this in every message I sent him. He just needs to send me back my center console. But he's trying to keep it... That's the problem here.
Do not handle it outside of a PayPal dispute. Do not send the money back nor accept the console without the dispute. If you refund the money outside a dispute someone could THEN file a dispute in which you would be obligated to pay him again.
The following users liked this post:
meow69 (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 10:02 AM
meow69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Do not handle it outside of a PayPal dispute. Do not send the money back nor accept the console without the dispute. If you refund the money outside a dispute someone could THEN file a dispute in which you would be obligated to pay him again.
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I'm just waiting now. Just stressed this cant be settled and I have to go through with this process...
Old 08-04-2015, 10:32 AM
meow69

Originally Posted by StuLax18
Assuming your story checks out, dude sounds like an a-hole. He probably scratched it when pulling off the vinyl.
There's nothing to lie about. Sent him something. Claims its not ''perfect'' wants 40 dollars to compensate. Told him it wasn't damaged when I sent it but regardless I will refund his money. He wants to keep the console though and he wants me to pay him what he thinks is fair compensation, which I don't see that way. Which is why I am here..
Old 08-04-2015, 10:35 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Hopefully everything works out and karma gets him back. Im sorry you have to deal with this. Lets see how it plays out.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Frank_White

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by turboed350z
This is what happens when 350z becomes so cheap, burger flippers can afford it. Low life like him needs to be put in jail.

Not much you CAN do. I mean you can try to pm an admin and see what happens, and then when a paypal case IS open, give me EVERY message you have from him. Explains the situation to paypal and hope they favor in your side. Other than that. Not much.

Lowlife like him will always be around, nothing we can do...
Is all you do complain about how cheap this car has gotten...?

having less money doesn't make you worst person or a "low-life", sure a younger crowd can now afford the car, but if that's such a turn off for you then sell the car and get something more expensive so you can be a part of a community with more money so you can feel better about yourself.
The following 3 users liked this post by Frank_White:
PerfZ (08-07-2015), PP08HR (08-04-2015), venture210 (08-05-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 11:26 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank_White

having less money doesn't make you worst person or a "low-life", sure a younger crowd can now afford the car, but if that's such a turn off for you then sell the car and get something more expensive so you can be a part of a community with more money so you can feel better about yourself.
Agreed, Frank.
The person you replied to is a hot head, take it w some salt.
The following 2 users liked this post by jhc:
Frank_White (08-04-2015), PP08HR (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 11:59 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank_White

Not to start ****. But its been statically proven that those in the lower income bracket, mainly the "poverty" line, are more likely to commit crimes and fraud.

Just calling it like i sees it. Obviously there are bad apple everywhere, but when the majority gathers in one group. Its safe to assume that that pile of apple is bad.

I would love to sell my, but then again, this is the car ive wanted, and i plan to keep it. But at the same time. I dont want to be associated with the bad apples. But hey thats life. It is what it is.

Kids are more prone to have greed and emotion persuade them into making a bad decision. Again, thats static. Take it as you wish.

Edit: no where did i day having less money makes you a low life, i clearly said low life like the guy trying to rip off the op exists. Nothing we can do about it. No where did i even come close to saying poor people are low life.

Last edited by turboed350z; 08-04-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Frank_White

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by turboed350z
Not to start ****. But its been statically proven that those in the lower income bracket, mainly the "poverty" line, are more likely to commit crimes and fraud.

Just calling it like i sees it. Obviously there are bad apple everywhere, but when the majority gathers in one group. Its safe to assume that that pile of apple is bad.

I would love to sell my, but then again, this is the car ive wanted, and i plan to keep it. But at the same time. I dont want to be associated with the bad apples. But hey thats life. It is what it is.

Kids are more prone to have greed and emotion persuade them into making a bad decision. Again, thats static. Take it as you wish.

Edit: no where did i day having less money makes you a low life, i clearly said low life like the guy trying to rip off the op exists. Nothing we can do about it. No where did i even come close to saying poor people are low life.
i see a lot of things that i disagree with what you just said but clearly thats your mentality and theres no changing that.

have a good day sir
Old 08-04-2015, 01:19 PM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, he could be the janitor for a fortune500 company or sewage/septic cleaner pump operator as it is expensive to get that $#!T done (pun intended) I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Sewage/Septic company in the F500. (not demeaning the job - just saying) he is probably just trying a huff&puff tactic but the building is made out of bricks so it doesn't matter.
Don't refund the $40.
1) He either sends the item back and get full refund as you offered - which is very reasonable imo. or 2)he just keeps the item as is and have to b!tc# about it to his buddies.
Based on info YOU have provided I am guessing you are in the clear, and I would find it hard for anyone with common sense to see it otherwise.
I don't understand how its illegal to ship from your place of work as we don't have those laws here so I am just not informed in that aspect. In response to that I would still tell him "OK - AND?" If we are lucky, maybe we will see you on Judge Judy / Judge Joe Brown / or Other and get a good laugh on his whatever his claim.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:32 PM
MatthewBouchard

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

I had an experience like this last year over ebay/paypal though. I sold 2 Bose speakers for about $600 and each package weighed about 45lbs. I was told he did not receive them meanwhile the tracking # showed he received them almost 2 weeks ago.. So after trying to scam me for the speakers, he tries to get $200 back from me lol... Paypal sided with me however after sending all the necessary info. Good Luck.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:49 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

That blows man. I had a similar thing on ebay when I sold an Olympus E410 with lens for dirt *** cheep and the buyer got all bent out of shape that I didnt include a memory card. Same thing as you I just said if your not happy send it back. He just bitched and eventually just said he was satisfied with the purchase just expected a card. I probably have 4 sitting around but my listing was very specific so I wasn't budging. Plus I was kinda pissed it sold for so little.

Anyways I have closed my paypal and ebay because they suck to deal with as do difficult people. Good luck I wouldn't lose sleep over this.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:51 PM
RushNY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah don't deal with his crap about partial refunds while keeping the item. Ebay policy is buyer pays return shipping and after it's received they are refunded, that should be a good rule of thumb for any online sale especially to shady characters.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:28 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This guy sounds like a cheap bastard.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

This is why we don't deal with paypal. Too many tough guys over the computer, paypal will honor a claim made within 45 days as long as there is sufficient proof that the order was not shipped. Gather all of your correspondence (emails etc) and any paypal transfers that were made. Also get the tracking number from shipping and print off the tracking page from shipping company showing part delivered. Get ready to defend yourself.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:46 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

PayPal generally sides with the buyer by default. there is little true sellers protection. I learned the hard way selling on eBay and was scammed.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

walmart is a fortune 500 company...maybe that is what he meant.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:29 PM
rearranged

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Just to clear something up, he's threatening to call your job and tell them you shipped a package from work? If this is true, this guy is a real *****.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:39 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

bought it with CF vinyl and he took it off and is complaining what's under it.. tell him to F off and pound dirt
The following users liked this post:
PerfZ (08-07-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 06:46 PM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got screwed by Danoman32 for a faulty gt maf sensor and cost me an extra $800 plus at Z1. Fk stupid people., they'll get whats coming to them.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:14 AM
meow69

Its been 7 days now since his initial complaint and still no paypal dispute.. honestly willing to work it out with him but not willing to refund him $40. Not sure if I should even try to work things out with how things have gone. All he has been doing is messaging me with the same crap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dispute with member SAVEDBYGRACE