Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dispute with member SAVEDBYGRACE

Old 08-04-2015, 06:41 AM
meow69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dispute with member SAVEDBYGRACE

Wondering what I can do about this situation here between me and member SAVEDBYGRACE. So he purchased an 08 navi center console from me last week but now he's complaining after he ripped off the carbon fiber vinyl from the cubby that its scratched or whatever. I told him to send it back and I'll refund him his money. But he keeps trying to get me to send him $40 dollars more and he insists he is keeping the console ''off principal''. He has threatened to file paypal dispute for the past 3 nights but hasn't. Anyway I can resolve this mess and move on with my life? I've been asking him in every message exchanged to send it back but he wont. I feel like he's trying to strong arm me into sending him money.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:46 AM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Not sure how Paypal works, but I've always heard it works in favor of the buyer. Seems kind of messed up if you're offering a refund and they don't want to accept. Would you be willing to settle on a lower amount with them?

I am just recommending a middle ground. I've never had to deal with this personally.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:54 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

pm an admin, let them play ref
Old 08-04-2015, 06:56 AM
meow69

I already lowered it 20 dollars from what I asked. Now he wants me to lower it $40 more dollars for a total of $60 and I told him Im not willing to do that. I told him to return it for a full refund but I think hes trying to keep it and get some money back.. He keeps threatening me about paypal disputes and the fact I shipped it from work(?) Didn't know that was breaking the law. He refuses to send it back but keeps wanting money. Would work with him but hes already crossed that line by threatening me so I just want him to send my console back so I can send him his money back and I can move on from this bs.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:00 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

This is what happens when 350z becomes so cheap, burger flippers can afford it. Low life like him needs to be put in jail.

Not much you CAN do. I mean you can try to pm an admin and see what happens, and then when a paypal case IS open, give me EVERY message you have from him. Explains the situation to paypal and hope they favor in your side. Other than that. Not much.

Lowlife like him will always be around, nothing we can do...
Old 08-04-2015, 07:07 AM
meow69

Yeah sucks cause I've never had this happen to me. Any Admins want to help out on this please?
Old 08-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Cookiezor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

actually, u r in the right here. u tell him to go ahead and file a dispute, and then u can explain it to paypal official. BECAUSE u r agreeing to refund his money if he gives u ur part back AND u even have proof of it in ur messages that u offered to do so and the proof that he threatened u with it. The truth is behind u ( that is assuming what u told us is true, bc there is his side of the story, no offense)

Last edited by Cookiezor; 08-04-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:29 AM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Just make sure you have all the emails or whatever you used for contacting.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:29 AM
meow69

Yeah I have them but its really simple. I sent him the piece. He ripped the cf vinyl off and said there was scratches so he wants 40 dollars in return. I told him to just send the piece back and Ill refund him 100%. He wants to keep the piece though and get the $40 as well. I've messaged him about 4 times asking him to return it but he wont. So to me, it just seems like he's just trying to take advantage of the situation.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:29 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Assuming your story checks out, dude sounds like an a-hole. He probably scratched it when pulling off the vinyl.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:31 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

I see he asked you in the For Sale thread what the condition of the console was under the wrap; what was your response?

Either way, without hearing his side of the story, it sounds like he can still use the console but feels like it isn't worth what he paid considering the condition. If you offered the refund then you are heading in the right direction and the ball is in his court to deal with it or file a dispute. PayPal is ultimately your mediator.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:31 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by meow69
Yeah I have them but its really simple. I sent him the piece. He ripped the cf vinyl off and said there was scratches so he wants 40 dollars in return. I told him to just send the piece back and Ill refund him 100%. He wants to keep the piece though and get the $40 as well. I've messaged him about 4 times asking him to return it but he wont. So to me, it just seems like he's just trying to take advantage of the situation.

Did you ask for pics of the scratches? Were they there when you wrapped it?
Old 08-04-2015, 09:34 AM
meow69

I told him it was in perfect condition. But keep in mind this piece is 7 years old. I wrapped it the week I got it and there were no imperfections on it when I bought it or I wouldn't have purchased it. He said he would send pics of the scratches but its been 3 days and he hasn't sent it yet. Says hes part of some fortune 500 company and hes busy or something now.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:37 AM
meow69

The scratches were not present when I wrapped it but I do not have any pictures to back my claim up. I'm not trying to dupe anyone in anything. That's why I told him if he isn't happy with what he received to send it back and Ill refund him no problem. But he is trying to keep the piece but basically force me to pay him $40 for the scratch or he will file claims. He keeps threatening me that I shipped it from my work and there's something wrong with it? I had no idea shipping it at my work was illegal or I wouldn't have done that.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:47 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

The scratches were not present when I wrapped it but I do not have any pictures to back my claim up. I'm not trying to dupe anyone in anything. That's why I told him if he isn't happy with what he received to send it back and Ill refund him no problem. But he is trying to keep the piece but basically force me to pay him $40 for the scratch or he will file claims. He keeps threatening me that I shipped it from my work and there's something wrong with it? I had no idea shipping it at my work was illegal or I wouldn't have done that.
Again, since I'm only hearing your side my advice is to let it go. The buyer bought a used part "as-is" covered in an adhesive film. Any damage that may have already been there OR sustained during the removal of the wrap is all hearsay and if he isn't happy then he can file the dispute with PayPal he will get the money back to search for another console. There's really nothing else that can be done.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:50 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I told him it was in perfect condition. But keep in mind this piece is 7 years old. I wrapped it the week I got it and there were no imperfections on it when I bought it or I wouldn't have purchased it. He said he would send pics of the scratches but its been 3 days and he hasn't sent it yet. Says hes part of some fortune 500 company and hes busy or something now.
Dumbest thing I've heard in awhile.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:51 AM
meow69

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Again, since I'm only hearing your side my advice is to let it go. The buyer bought a used part "as-is" covered in an adhesive film. Any damage that may have already been there OR sustained during the removal of the wrap is all hearsay and if he isn't happy then he can file the dispute with PayPal he will get the money back to search for another console. There's really nothing else that can be done.
Yeah I'm telling him he doesn't need to file a dispute and he can have his money back. Ill refund him. Ive stated this in every message I sent him. He just needs to send me back my center console. But he's trying to keep it... That's the problem here.
The following users liked this post:
jhc (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 09:53 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by StuLax18
Have you not seen the other 3 threads about mods for the 350z in the last 2 days? Haha
Old 08-04-2015, 09:54 AM
meow69

Originally Posted by StuLax18
Haha yeah.. I don't know why it was important enough for him to mention that or keep threatening to talk to my job about how I shipped the package at work. Just a bizarre situation I'm dealing with right now. Sucks that this transaction cant be resolved smoothly.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:55 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by turboed350z
Have you not seen the other 3 threads about mods for the 350z in the last 2 days? Haha
I can understand threads about modding stuff when you are young and new to a vehicle. But what is the point of even mentioning fortune 500? Like I don't even have a scale to reference what that means. Makes it seem like people at non Fortune 500 companies don't work lol. Maybe if you Wiki Fortune 500 it says it's the top 500 companies where you work the hardest idk.

It just sounds so silly to me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dispute with member SAVEDBYGRACE