Purchased ART pipes From "rbatakji" but never recieved

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 11:38 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

Old 08-21-2015, 12:42 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Agree with trav your obligation is to refund his money and you deal with usps to get either your product or refund. Thats what insurance is for. Your obligation is to make sure the goods are delivered and signed for by recipient otherwise i side with buyer period. You cannot provide even a tracking number then in my eyes YOUR A SCAMMER.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:36 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Even a USPS receipt has a tracking # built in, you don't even have to ask for it.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:42 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

he is a b!tch boy and is going to fade into the darkness
Old 08-21-2015, 05:17 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Purchased ART pipes From "rbatakji" but never recieved

If PayPal and no tracking... You will get your money back.. Don't slam someone without saying at least how it was paid.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:20 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

Originally Posted by JDM Junkee
Since I am a new member to the forums I wasn't able to create a thread til recently.
He claims he contacted usps and filed a lost report.
Yes we are both in CA. Unfortunately I did not ask the seller where he was located. And turns out he was only a friggin hour away... He knew where I was located though becuase of the shipping address i provided. I kick myself everyday for not asking.
Money was sent as gift via paypal. I was under the impression that a gift is reversible but turns out it is not. I have sent paypal payments as gifts 98% of the time with 0 issues. I never would have sent it via gift had i known this. Clearly my fault here, I should not have sent it as a gift otherwise I'd have my money back.
Originally Posted by 350zchad
If PayPal and no tracking... You will get your money back.. Don't slam someone without saying at least how it was paid.
he sent as gift...... he fooked himself
The following users liked this post:
jhc (08-21-2015)
Old 08-21-2015, 05:22 PM
350zchad

Lesson learned OP, next time don't cheap out on a pricey purchase
Old 08-21-2015, 05:42 PM
rbatakji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand the whole argument about having tracking. Its not my first time selling something online, therefore I am aware that tracking will be on the receipt. Being that he paid as a gift, I didn't have anywhere to put in a tracking number online. Also him living so close I figured no big deal. Stupidly I didn't save the receipt after shipping (shipped at USPS in bel air grocery store). That was my only mistake there.
But quite honestly I feel like calling BS on this whole deal. Had he truly not received the pipes he could've easily filed for a chargeback on his card and got his money back. Him knowing that I can't input tracking when being paid as a gift may have received the pipes and is pretending nothing ever came in.
That is the reason for being hesitant on refunding. Then I'm out the pipes and money and he may be the receipt of both.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:47 PM
350zchad

I always ship with a video of me packing and sealing pkg and email the tracking... Always keep the receipts too, just FYI in the future.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:54 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by rbatakji
I understand the whole argument about having tracking. Its not my first time selling something online, therefore I am aware that tracking will be on the receipt. Being that he paid as a gift, I didn't have anywhere to put in a tracking number online. Also him living so close I figured no big deal. Stupidly I didn't save the receipt after shipping (shipped at USPS in bel air grocery store). That was my only mistake there.
But quite honestly I feel like calling BS on this whole deal. Had he truly not received the pipes he could've easily filed for a chargeback on his card and got his money back. Him knowing that I can't input tracking when being paid as a gift may have received the pipes and is pretending nothing ever came in.
That is the reason for being hesitant on refunding. Then I'm out the pipes and money and he may be the receipt of both.
Nah, San. Calling Bullchit. You had either his cell to txt tracking # to, or Email. Or perhaps a pm on here. Does not add up.

Are you now saying you sent to wrong addy, or USPS delivered to wrong addy. Or option #3. You took his $ and never shipped it?

Simple as 1,2,3. Your turn.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:50 PM
JDM Junkee

Yes I understand I never should have sent as a gift. I tried to cheap out and avoid paying paypal fees. I learned my lesson. But simple fact of the matter is there is NO PROOF that anything was sent.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:51 PM
JDM Junkee

You think i didnt try to do this? A chargeback is not possible on money sent as a gift. And for you to think i am just playing games and trying to screw you out of the money is absolutely absurd. I just want my damn pipes that I shelled nearly 400$ for so I can complete my bolt-ons.

Last edited by JDM Junkee; 08-21-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:00 PM
JDM Junkee

And did I claim once in this thread that you scammed me? No. I just informed everyone not to conduct business with you so they don't have to go through what I did. That's it. Could you have sent the pipes? Yes absolutely. But we will never know at the end of the day without PROOF!

I dont know why i thought you had a decent trader rating. I must have mixed you up with another seller I purchased from.

Last edited by JDM Junkee; 08-21-2015 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:25 PM
PP08HR

Received 96 Likes on 65 Posts

Well dude just takes pics of the documentation you have already and post them here. If that is the case then some of the blame can be laid on the incompetence of the post office.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:26 PM
Justin100

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JDM Junkee
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, however i purchased a set of used ART pipes from a member of this forum 2 months ago and I never recieved them. He did not provide a tracking number. I have never purchased anything without a tracking number, which raises red flags. He claims that he has a good reputaion on this forum and has a decent trader rating. He claims It was sent via USPS standard shipping.

DO NOT do business with this person. He also failed to acknowledge he was at fault by not providing a tracking number. This is so incredibly frustrating. I understand there is nothing i can do at this point. 400$ down the tube.

how did you pay him paypal? pay him with a credit card?

you should never SEND MONEY AS A GIFT unless the amount is super low like 10-20 bucks... - DUMB MOVE - ANYWAYS CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD AND FILE A CHARGEBACK.

Last edited by Justin100; 08-21-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:41 PM
JDM Junkee

Yes I understand Justin100. Wrong move on my end, won't do it again, and will cost me nearly 400$ to learn my lesson unless the seller plans on doing anything about it which I highly doubt.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:24 PM
bad boyz

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Seller out of good faith should make every attempt to justify the situation I had a situation in that I sold some rims on here I made a mistake of not packing the top rims properly they were sent on pallets by Fedex and the buyer received them scratched up,I made out a complaint to Fedex in the mean time I communicated with the buyer and offered him some money back just to say I was excepting some of the responsibility,he agreed and everybody was happy! Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet in order to do the right thing and in the end it always comes back to you in a positive!!

Last edited by bad boyz; 08-21-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:02 AM
dSpaceman

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Boy do I enjoy reading these threads. Sorry OP, as much as I'd like to sympathize with you, none of these threads would exist if people understood that gifting is never an option. The fact that you thought it was justified because you've done it many times before...

There seems to be a contradiction between OP and seller's story, namely who suggested payment as gift. Until someone brings some hard evidence to the table (i.e. Chat log), it's your word against his, OP.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:46 AM
JDM Junkee

Originally Posted by dSpaceman
Boy do I enjoy reading these threads. Sorry OP, as much as I'd like to sympathize with you, none of these threads would exist if people understood that gifting is never an option. The fact that you thought it was justified because you've done it many times before...

There seems to be a contradiction between OP and seller's story, namely who suggested payment as gift. Until someone brings some hard evidence to the table (i.e. Chat log), it's your word against his, OP.
Nobody suggested payment as a gift. I am willing to show the pm's if the seller is ok with it.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:17 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Is something messed up on our site where a tracking number can not be typed in when dealing with a Private message?

I just take a pic of the reciept with tracking to send the buyer when I sell something

Last edited by terrasmak; 08-22-2015 at 06:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Purchased ART pipes From "rbatakji" but never recieved