Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Experience with Nissanpartswarehouse.com - I'll let you judge

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 01:14 AM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Experience with Nissanpartswarehouse.com - I'll let you judge

Just wanted to share my recent experience with nissanpartswarehouse.com. I decided to use them to save a few bucks. But turns out it wasn't worth it.

I ordered an a/c and alternator belt from them. And they shipped just as they said they would. Unfortunately, this package, along with another from a different vendor were stolen.

I am by no means blaming Nissanpartswarehouse for the theft. But the response I received from them when I notified them it was most likely stolen, well you judge. Heres a transcription of the emails.

Me:
Subject: tracking shows delivered but package is missing

I tracked the package and fed ex shows it delivered. But the package is missing. Ive contacted fed ex and they told me they would call me back. Please advise on how to proceed. I can be reached at

Them:

sorry you will have to wait to here from fedx

Them:

tracked you part fedx says it was left at the front door

Me:

You as the shipper doesnt need to contact them to start a claim?

Them:

I WILL START A CLAIM BUT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFT

SORRY AND THANKS

ME:

Wow. Thats some great customer service. Im pretty active on Nissan and Lexus forums. Ill make sure to spread the word of how well you take care of your customers.

I imagine if nothing goes wrong, they are fine. But the good companies show their meat when things don't go perfectly. For example, the other vendor whos shipment was stolen filed a claim immediately. Then called me back the at the end of the day notifying me that a replacement would be shipped out the following day. And wasn't going to wait on a claim thru the post office. Now that's some customer service. Of course, not a peep from nissanpartswareouse

If you want to try and save a few bucks, by all means. But id rather pay a few extra bucks for the piece of mind.

Last edited by LAKERSFAN; 01-31-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 01-19-2016, 01:59 AM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

It depends on the vendor, I don't think they're obligated to cover it since it says delivered. I know it sucks and am not defending them, it is just a crappy situation. I'm sure companies who care about their reputation tend to help the customer out. Seems like they're just in it for the money.

Sorry OP
Old 01-19-2016, 04:52 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Sorry to hear about your situation. It sucks. Yes, the companies reply was not very professional, but they aren't liable for anything that happens once the item(s) are delivered (as you're aware). It's the buyers obligation to start a claim with the carrier, not the seller.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:17 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

This past Christmas there were local stories re thieves following delivery trucks and waiting 30 seconds before grabbing packages.
I just have my orders sent to the office. Kinda sad when people steal without even knowing what's inside.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:17 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

I'm going to play devil's advocate.

I think you're reading into the vendor's comment. They're basically saying "we'll open the claim, but we won't refund you or send out another product until Fed/EX gets back to us." They are not telling you to get bent.

That being said, I think you are paraphrasing. There is no way both of you write like a semi-retarded monkey that fell out of a tree a few too many times.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:55 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Thats sucks I would be rather pissed. What the hell is the thief going to do with a belt.. ******* people...

I would order a double sided rubber peepee and have them put a nice note in it for the thief if this is a normal problem with your packages.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:01 AM
Kileak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by verdict.
It's the buyers obligation to start a claim with the carrier, not the seller.
Perhaps when items are stolen that may be so, but in the case of the differential I bought from a user here, that FedEx had trashed, dropped, dragged, then poorly repacked and dropped again, I attempted to claim for damages and was told by FedEx that it would've been up to the shipper to claim it, and they just basically shut down my claim without helping in any way.

I'd go ahead and continue contacting NissanPartsthingy for them to claim it. Also, if you paid by credit card, perhaps contact them and ask if you have insurance on it for cases like this, as some do cover online purchases and non-delivery etc. It may involve your credit card company initiating a chargeback claim with NissanPartsWarehouse, but they'd be the ones contacting them and perhaps it may get solved quicker than through that sort of shoddy illiterate customer service typing from a phone or whatever that was.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:52 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

In for actual email texts and not monkey quality grammar paraphrasing to correctly judge their email responses.

I had Fedex leave my Tires in front of my door for 8+ hours when I bought them from Discount Tire Direct. Luckly they were not stolen.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:03 AM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

A lot depends on location.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:52 AM
myork

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Unless you paid for insurance with Fedex, or paid with a credit card that offers X amount of insurance coverage on shipped items (AmEx is the best), then you are SOL.

The seller is not responsible for anything left at your door, nor are they required to file a claim. Your credit card will not reverse the charge unless you lie and tell them the package never arrived. Even then once the "left at door" proof of delivery from Fedex is sent to them by the seller, you will be charged again.

I dont see how Nissanpartswarehouse did you dirty.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:13 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

That's rough... Keep us posted.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:37 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Nissanpartswarehouse fulfilled your order and you are complaining?
The following 2 users liked this post by Spike100:
PerfZ (01-25-2016), Syner (01-21-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 01:24 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wait - so you feel that the vendor owes you something for parts they shipped but were subsequently stolen after confirmed delivery? What exactly do you expect them to do? And why should they file a claim? They aren't missing the parts, you are.
The following users liked this post:
Syner (01-26-2016)
Old 01-26-2016, 11:03 PM
jessiener

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think they're obligated to cover it since it says delivered.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:30 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

FWIW, I ended up putting a surveillance camera that covers my entryway, where packages get dropped off. The onus is on you to keep an eye on the tracking and be home when your package is delivered or at least ask the seller if they do "signature required" shipping, so that if you're not home, you can pick it up the next day from the local distribution center. I think you're casting an unfair portrait of Nissanpartswarehouse.com in your post.
The following users liked this post:
Syner (01-28-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 06:47 PM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by verdict.
Sorry to hear about your situation. It sucks. Yes, the companies reply was not very professional, but they aren't liable for anything that happens once the item(s) are delivered (as you're aware). It's the buyers obligation to start a claim with the carrier, not the seller.
I was told by the post office that the shipper had to start the claim. Not the receiver. I believe it is the same with Fed Ex, but not sure. So no, not the buyers responsibility according to the person at the post office.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:48 PM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by Syner
I'm going to play devil's advocate.

I think you're reading into the vendor's comment. They're basically saying "we'll open the claim, but we won't refund you or send out another product until Fed/EX gets back to us." They are not telling you to get bent.

That being said, I think you are paraphrasing. There is no way both of you write like a semi-retarded monkey that fell out of a tree a few too many times.
You may be correct. But it sounded like they couldn't care less to me.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:50 PM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by Z33Garage
In for actual email texts and not monkey quality grammar paraphrasing to correctly judge their email responses.

I had Fedex leave my Tires in front of my door for 8+ hours when I bought them from Discount Tire Direct. Luckly they were not stolen.
Those were the exact responses from the vendor, as well as mine. I just didn't want to bother with uploading screenshots. I'm sorry if you feel its monkey grammar. I think most people were able to understand what I wrote.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:52 PM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by myork
Unless you paid for insurance with Fedex, or paid with a credit card that offers X amount of insurance coverage on shipped items (AmEx is the best), then you are SOL.

The seller is not responsible for anything left at your door, nor are they required to file a claim. Your credit card will not reverse the charge unless you lie and tell them the package never arrived. Even then once the "left at door" proof of delivery from Fedex is sent to them by the seller, you will be charged again.

I dont see how Nissanpartswarehouse did you dirty.
Actually I did pay with my AmEx card. So i'll check with them. thanks. But insurance with the shipper was not an option when making the purchase online. Although USPS automatically insures packages. Not sure about fed ex
Old 01-31-2016, 06:53 PM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Wait - so you feel that the vendor owes you something for parts they shipped but were subsequently stolen after confirmed delivery? What exactly do you expect them to do? And why should they file a claim? They aren't missing the parts, you are.
Because the shipper must make start the claim. And YES, I expect them to do so. At least a quality vendor would.

Quick Reply: My Experience with Nissanpartswarehouse.com - I'll let you judge