Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow...
Old 06-15-2016, 05:37 AM
NiLL

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
holy hell on the $400 a month car payment for a Z

My Z06 isn't much more than that
I pay 380 a month for my Nismo now, Until the settlement money comes in that caused my to have to take out a car payment in the first place, then it will be paid off again =P

Op, I spend a month, 30-80 bucks in detailing and cleaning supplies, I spend for Amsoil sig and Amsoil filters every 3k, (about 2 months) I only use shell premium gas (it's more expensive) I spend 150 a month more a month in rent for a garage, I put my car up on stands once ever 1-2 months to check bushings and linings and to wash wheels and undercarriage. If you live near salt like I do as well, you need to actually take care of your car if you don't want it to rust out.

There is more to car maintenance then money. That being said I plan on driving my Nismo in to the ground and dropping engines in it until the frame rusts out. I actually care about its Upkeep, you seem to just want the status of a flashy car.

Last edited by NiLL; 06-15-2016 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:45 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner
You can serve your country and still be a piece of sh*t.

Trying to pass a car with known damage onto an unwitting/unknowing person is a trashy thing to do (especially after making an active attempt to hide the damage).

In the mean time, I'll continue calling this spade a self-absorbed, entitled, donkey-fu¢king, son of a *****.
The highlighted part is totally spot on, Syner. But at the same time, until one actually does that to make a sale, I'll give benefit of the doubt, my choosing to look at a half full glass and being sometimes overly trusting of mankind. But that's me and that's you. Trust me, man, I'm always right.

Except when I'm wrong. Laff....
Old 06-15-2016, 05:53 AM
HCO_surfer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So you're making money off the GI bill which is meant for education and using it on your Z? Nice.

You sound like a douche if all this is true. Passing off your issues to someone else is deplorable to say the least. Your such a cheap bastard I hope karma catches up to you soon enough. Moaning about your issues with a z that has 90k on it, please.

Give me your vin and I'll contact the new owner to let them know.

Last edited by HCO_surfer; 06-15-2016 at 05:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Syner (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 05:58 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
The highlighted part is totally spot on, Syner. But at the same time, until one actually does that to make a sale, I'll give benefit of the doubt, my choosing to look at a half full glass and being sometimes overly trusting of mankind. But that's me and that's you. Trust me, man, I'm always right.

Except when my wife says. Laff....
Fair enough - I guess he hasn't technically done it yet.

Also, fixt your last line for accuracy.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:26 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Trying to pass a car with known damage onto an unwitting/unknowing person is a trashy thing to do (especially after making an active attempt to hide the damage).

In the mean time, I'll continue calling this spade a self-absorbed, entitled, donkey-fu¢king, son of a *****.
Shouldnt canadians be nice? Has my whole life been a lie?
Old 06-15-2016, 06:26 AM
turboed350z

Except when I'm wrong. Laff....
dont forget to go to driving school
Fixed it for you. Haha
Old 06-15-2016, 06:27 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by turboed350z
Shouldnt canadians be nice? Has my whole life been a lie?
I was being nice!

I had to edit my original comment before posting (involved his mother, his girlfriend, a hamster, and a cheese grater).

Last edited by Syner; 06-15-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:28 AM
turboed350z

I was being nice! (I had to filter what I really wanted to say)
If that was you being nice... id hate to see what youd be like if youre an american
Old 06-15-2016, 06:31 AM
Syner

If that was you being nice... id hate to see what youd be like if youre an american
lol see my edit
Old 06-15-2016, 06:39 AM
turboed350z

lol see my edit
And here i thought the Japanese had weird sex fetish....

Edit: it appears that i may have seem to come off as using a slur. When i said "j*ps" i was simply shortening the word Japanese. I apologize to anyone that this may have offended. Ignorance is not an excuse. My apologies.

Last edited by turboed350z; 06-15-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:47 AM
Syner

If I was talking about fetishes, I would have included his dad. Come on, get your head in the game.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:50 AM
turboed350z

If I was talking about fetishes, I would have included his dad. Come on, get your head in the game.
Havent had my morning coffee, I cant be blamed
Old 06-15-2016, 08:22 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

And here i thought the japs had weird sex fetish....
Please be careful on how you use ethnic descriptors, T'bo. Please go have some coffee.... the strong, dark stuff that you used to stain your TE37s.

And yes, they do... tentacles, man, I. Do. Not. Get. That. At. All.

Last edited by MicVelo; 06-15-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:26 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Fair enough - I guess he hasn't technically done it yet.

Also, fixt your last line for accuracy.

Thank you but you are mistaken. That was my first wife. I ackshully stole that line from my present wife. Hahahahahaha!

Fixed it for you. Haha
Well, if I leave behind THAT legacy of preaching for better, safer roads, I'm OK with that.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:37 AM
Syner

And yes, they do... tentacles, man, I. Do. Not. Get. That. At. All.
I'd be happy to share some of the links Vo... and I swap through PM.

Tentacles don't even scratch the surface...
Old 06-15-2016, 10:34 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

From one vet to another, thank you for your service.

Now for some tough love. Pull your head out of your *** bro.

You're talking about using 5k that you don't have yet BUT intend on using towards a down payment of a new car? **** is gonna break man, that's part of owning a used car, man up and fix it. don't put yourself in the hole because acquiring more debt is the easy way out. Have you even considered how much more those new sti'S are w/interest over the years vs your Z? Not to mention full coverage insurance a month?

90k really? LOL. My dad has a 90 Chevy lumina van w/220k miles that he put puts around town that he maintains because it's cheaper to keep on the road vs your monthly car payments. Not to mention his insurance is like 10 bucks a month LOL

I'm not gonna bash you, life is doing that already. Here's some advice,

-Refinance the damn thing if you can and see if you can get a lower interest rate and make bigger payments to pay the fugger off.

Call you insurance and see if they can work w/you on the estimated value of the car. I called mine to re-evaluate my Z because I know damn well they're not gonna give me 13k for mine if something were to happen, which btw mine went down 11 dollars a month. If not shop around for a better deal.

Cut back on your monthly expenses. Clothes, cell phone, gas (don't drive if not necessary) food (most young people spend $$$ on eating out,stop) If you have credit cards racked up then consider doing balance transfers to a rewards card.

Buying new cars while your in college is a dumb move. Education first, then a good job, a house, family and luxury if necessary/possible.

Originally Posted by RichV
Whew... I love this forum but members can get really tough on other members for seemingly legitimate mistakes. Now the OP is trying to correct what has happened in his younger, more immature, years and he still gets stomped on.
What makes it worse is he served our country in the Navy! I know I could never serve in the military, so I think that gives him the right to come out of service, get education paid for and buy whatever car he wants. Its his decision.

I love EVOs and and STis. If I wanted to spend the money on one I would love to have one and I probably will eventually. Right now, i need to put back more money for my family before my toys change.

OP, thanks for your service, good luck on whatever car decision you make, and enjoy your younger years! Im about 40 and responsibilities pile up the older you get.
Preach. Listen to this guy.

So you're trying to hide it so it becomes an issue for someone else?

Get fu¢ked. You deserve getting hosed on the G, and I hope karma screws you with your next car too.
Don't be a dirt bag, if you sell it, fix it first. Again man up.

Being in the military or having served doesn't give you a free pass it actually means you should be held accountable at a higher level of integrity. Shame on you for even considering that as an option.

Originally Posted by HCO_surfer
So you're making money off the GI bill which is meant for education and using it on your Z? Nice.

You sound like a douche if all this is true. Passing off your issues to someone else is deplorable to say the least. Your such a cheap bastard I hope karma catches up to you soon enough. Moaning about your issues with a z that has 90k on it, please.

Give me your vin and I'll contact the new owner to let them know.
Again... Man up.

Originally Posted by JurZ
Wow it's people like you that give college students such a bad impression.
1) You are getting 5k in the fall. Im assuming thats your financial aid money FOR SCHOOL and you're going to use it to buy a car.........idiot
2) You owe 13k on an 08 350z with 90k miles thats in poor condition. Its current value probably isn't even 13k.....idiot
3) You hardly make any money and you're contemplating on buying a new car????? Majority of people with full time jobs who make 3-4x as much as you don't do that.....idiot
4) From every response you've made, my final conclusion is you're a dumbass. So I'll assume you are not in a brag-worthy major. Therefore you being in college isn't worth a damn thing.

So my final conclusion is you'll soon be yet another person thats a drain on society. Congrats on being you!
Ouch. One day you'll look back and learn from this experience, sounds like you're doing that already. Broken shock mounts, can we get some track guys or autobody pros to help this guy find a solution?

Best of luck homie
The following 5 users liked this post by ImWeeZzel:
CK_32 (06-15-2016), MicVelo (06-16-2016), RichV (06-16-2016), Syner (06-15-2016), Vena14 (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 11:12 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Old 06-15-2016, 10:15 PM
ianeberle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the point of OP making this thread? It seems like he just wants someone to validate his bad decisions.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:19 PM
ianeberle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I do have to defend OP for a moment. I'm also a college student and I drive a 2008 HR. It's got thousands of dollars in mods. I easily have one of the five nicest cars at my entire school, and that's something that I'm proud of and something that people on a car forum should be able to appreciate. I work really hard to pay for everything. My school's paid for, I'm not underwater on my Z, and I'm still able to live comfortably. I spend about 50% of my income on my Z, but who cares? It's worth it to me. I go on drives for fun because I enjoy it. I'd rather spend tons of money on a Z than own something like a Jetta and have a little money left over. College students are allowed to have hobbies too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beginning to hate my 350z