Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Beginning to hate my 350z

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 05:14 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by ianeberle
To the people that advised me to save: I'm an economics student and I've studied the theories behind consumption smoothing. While my choices aren't the most optimal, I'm happy and that's what matters. Im living above my means now, but that's fine because I'll smooth out the consumption later. I'm on track to attend a top 10 law program in the U.S. and once I graduate and start getting that corporate law money I'll have more means than I know what to do with.
Everybody is a Harvard summa *** laude on the internet.

Nobody cares.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:54 AM
magellster

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner
Everybody is a Harvard summa *** laude on the internet.

Nobody cares.
Yeah, I wasn't really sure what this had to do with anything in this post? lmao. Glad I wasn't alone.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:01 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

To the people that advised me to save: I'm an economics student and I've studied the theories behind consumption smoothing. While my choices aren't the most optimal, I'm happy and that's what matters. Im living above my means now, but that's fine because I'll smooth out the consumption later. I'm on track to attend a top 10 law program in the U.S. and once I graduate and start getting that corporate law money I'll have more means than I know what to do with.
Beginning to hate my 350z-zprbw7k.gif
Old 06-17-2016, 07:26 AM
rancor

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by turboed350z
Ugh... dont remind me... still need one for jr... ughhhh
I second the accord V6, they are surprisingly good for a sedan definitely better than the camry.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:34 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by rancor
I second the accord V6, they are surprisingly good for a sedan definitely better than the camry.
I actually was leaning towards a lexus instead haha but the new accords are pretty luxurious and nice.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:49 AM
Syner

My GF just got an Impreza hatch (no WRX or STi)

For a little 4-banger, it's a really fun ride. I can't wait for snow this year.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:55 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by Syner
My GF just got an Impreza hatch (no WRX or STi)

For a little 4-banger, it's a really fun ride. I can't wait for snow this year.
you need to marry her before i steal her away ... because everything is bigger in texas its just my gut but not the point
Old 06-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by travlee
you need to marry her before i steal her away ... because everything is bigger in texas its just my gut but not the point
We're technically common-law. Close enough lol
Old 06-17-2016, 09:26 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by HCO_surfer
So you're making money off the GI bill which is meant for education and using it on your Z? Nice.
He can use the BAH from the GI Bill however he sees fit. If he already has housing covered, then it's cash in his pocket.

Originally Posted by kron1024
... I got the strut welded back on for trade in purposes so they won't notice how messed up it is...
Don't be a fcking cocksucking sh!thead, squid boy. Get the **** fixed right.

Tony (SSG, USA)

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; 06-17-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:27 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Also, if you can't afford to take care of a Z, you most DEFINITELY won't be able to take care of an Evo.

Ask me how I know.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:21 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,057 Likes on 746 Posts

I'm on track to attend a top 10 law program in the U.S. and once I graduate and start getting that corporate law money I'll have more means than I know what to do with.
Ah, young grasshopper - if only it were that easy.

I guess you're not going to take out any loans to pay for that "top 10" law program...
Old 06-17-2016, 02:24 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel
Pics of Z?

Old 06-17-2016, 06:37 PM
Justin100

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

sigh.......if your a real man, buy a set of tools and fix all of it yourself.

buy a milwaukee m18 impact gun and a good set of deep sockets 6 pt and 12 pt with metric wrenches...that will set you back about 500 bucks. grow a pair of ***** and fix it yourself its not that hard.

i built my entire car from ground zero and yes it was a pain in the ***. but at the end i saved $$$$$$$ and when stuff breaks i know how to take it all apart and fix it in no time.

i have no background in automotive engineering, i have never taken a single automotive/mechanics class. and yet i was able to pull it all of no problem.

this was me building my engine in my kitchen back then.

Last edited by Justin100; 06-17-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:55 PM
Justin100

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

the ricers and stance kids go run to the shops to have someone fix everything for them. real car enthusiasts roll up their sleeves and figure it all out themselves.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:48 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
I for one hope I never buy another 4 door sedan ever again.
I dunno, Mike, 4 door sedans have their purpose.

And choosing one that has the same power and is nearly as fast as my Z plus, can be driven up to the snow for skiing is highly purposeful. Hahahahahaha!

Originally Posted by Justin100
the ricers and stance kids go run to the shops to have someone fix everything for them. real car enthusiasts roll up their sleeves and figure it all out themselves.
Justin, while you're certainly entitled to your opinion, there's a number of things that I find a little flawed about making a blanket statement like that.

For many, people driving Z's aren't all about rolling up their sleeves. One can be just as much an enthusiast while having someone else work on their cars. And for a lot of reasons....

Some don't have the skills and would rather not take a chance. Others may not physically be able to perform the tasks; be it from a lack of space, lack of tools, physical limitations, whatever. Does not mean that one needs to be validated by doing their own work.

Or, like me, they spent a lot of their misspent youth in wrenching and simply don't want to do the heavy lifting anymore. That comes with the realization that TIME IS MONEY. In my case, my billable rates far exceed the savings I'd realize doing it myself; and it's time I could spend on a higher rate of return and using those returns to pay someone to do it.

Sure, I still do probably 60% or more of my own work because it's something I enjoy. But when it comes to doing, say, my Z's' rear gear setup, a bevel gear replacement on my other car; heck, even a clutch.... it's just not worth my time and effort.

But I still consider myself a diehard enthusiast - or couldn't you tell by my contributions here to try and help others?

Do I take it as a personal affront to be considered, in your mind, a "ricer" (which to me is a really obnoxious term) or other labels you want to apply to those who pay for their work? Nahhhhhh.... because in my youth, I thought the same way so I just blow off the commentary.

Here's a corollary for you to consider.... if one considers themselves a "food enthusiast" or "foodie", does that mean one always cooks? Some might, including me, but there are times I prefer to go out and eat at a good restaurant or hang out at a food truck gathering or..... well, you get the point.

But thought I'd share my side of it just as "food for thought".
Old 06-18-2016, 11:53 AM
travlee
Master

** driving school
Old 06-18-2016, 12:05 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
** driving school
Thank you, Trav, but BTDT.

And considering going again.

Just because one can always improve - or in my case, correct/refresh what I used to know and forgotten, not trying to be a Daniel Riccardo. That's enthusiastic. Heh heh....
Old 06-18-2016, 12:07 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
I dunno, Mike, 4 door sedans have their purpose.

And choosing one that has the same power and is nearly as fast as my Z plus, can be driven up to the snow for skiing is highly purposeful. Hahahahahaha!

Justin, while you're certainly entitled to your opinion, there's a number of things that I find a little flawed about making a blanket statement like that.

For many, people driving Z's aren't all about rolling up their sleeves. One can be just as much an enthusiast while having someone else work on their cars. And for a lot of reasons....

Some don't have the skills and would rather not take a chance. Others may not physically be able to perform the tasks; be it from a lack of space, lack of tools, physical limitations, whatever. Does not mean that one needs to be validated by doing their own work.

Or, like me, they spent a lot of their misspent youth in wrenching and simply don't want to do the heavy lifting anymore. That comes with the realization that TIME IS MONEY. In my case, my billable rates far exceed the savings I'd realize doing it myself; and it's time I could spend on a higher rate of return and using those returns to pay someone to do it.

Sure, I still do probably 60% or more of my own work because it's something I enjoy. But when it comes to doing, say, my Z's' rear gear setup, a bevel gear replacement on my other car; heck, even a clutch.... it's just not worth my time and effort.

But I still consider myself a diehard enthusiast - or couldn't you tell by my contributions here to try and help others?

Do I take it as a personal affront to be considered, in your mind, a "ricer" (which to me is a really obnoxious term) or other labels you want to apply to those who pay for their work? Nahhhhhh.... because in my youth, I thought the same way so I just blow off the commentary.

Here's a corollary for you to consider.... if one considers themselves a "food enthusiast" or "foodie", does that mean one always cooks? Some might, including me, but there are times I prefer to go out and eat at a good restaurant or hang out at a food truck gathering or..... well, you get the point.

But thought I'd share my side of it just as "food for thought".
Mic i swear if you call yourself a foodie, im going to find you and force you to adopt me. I love food. Almost as much as cars. Nothing like a meal that pleases your pallet
Old 06-18-2016, 12:11 PM
travlee
Master

I honestly wouldn't mind doing it one day.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:13 PM
travlee
Master

Speaking of food....about to fire up the grill for some t-bone steaks

Quick Reply: Beginning to hate my 350z