Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350z Extreme Dimensions Nismo v3 Bumper Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 09:58 AM
carboyanno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z Extreme Dimensions Nismo v3 Bumper Question

Hello all, for those of you that have installed the ED Duraflex Nismo v3 Bumper, did you need the undershroud extension? Does the Nismo v2 need it as well? Thanks in advance?
Old 07-20-2016, 10:28 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

I own all 3: OEM v3, ED v3 and v2. Oem v3 and ed v3 require filler panel. V2 doesn't. Ed fits 80-90%, remaining issues requires trimming and fiberlass work. OEM fits perfect. I made my own lower diffuser for the v3.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:45 AM
carboyanno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, thanks! Good to hear.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:03 PM
mr. sparco

I do need to warn you, the ED v3 is not an exact replica. Its subtle but noticeable when you place both bumpers next to one another. Most notably the lower lip angles up while the OEM angles down. And the obvious missing reflector cutouts.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:12 PM
NiLL

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Stop buying duraflex plz.
The following 3 users liked this post by NiLL:
toogood131 (07-21-2016), Unicus (07-21-2016), WPPJR30 (07-24-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 04:53 PM
dSpaceman

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Before you decide to go with Extreme Dimensions, I urge you to (if you haven't already) do a quick Google search on their company so that you know what you're getting into.

Good luck
The following 2 users liked this post by dSpaceman:
Unicus (07-21-2016), WPPJR30 (07-24-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 05:22 PM
mr. sparco

^ I believe that many body shops exaggerate the extent of fitment issues as an excuse to charge their customers more money. Many people come back reporting having to spend XXXX additional amount of money on top to make it fit when it wasn't so bad to begin with. Not only that ED works with you if there are fitment issues. Just have to contact them, customer service has been excellent at least in my experience.

Dry fitment, no bolts or clips in.

My ED CWest N1 replica front. Ignore the rip in the wrap, was the beginning of the removal. Fitment wasn't terribly off, needed slight adjusting where the fender met the bumper.

ED v3 dry fitment. No reflector vents, no hamburger indentation, and lower lip angles up.

vs OEM Nismo with reflector cutout area, Nissan hamburger indent, and lower lip angled down.

I actually don't mind Duraflex, it is somewhat flexible and cheap. Its a little rough at first but if you know what you're doing, totally worth the price IMO. If you have the funds, I would still go with the OEM Nismo V3 though, no adjustment needed.

Last edited by mr. sparco; 07-20-2016 at 05:42 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by mr. sparco:
carboyanno (07-21-2016), terrasmak (07-20-2016), vex008 (07-21-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 06:21 PM
dSpaceman

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I've never done business with ED and so I can't comment on their products. However, I do agree with their excellent customer service. Whether their products are good fitment or not is debatable, but they do seem to stand behind their product. Just make sure to purchase from them directly so that in the event your product is defected, they can work with you.

If you're still on the fence, may I suggest getting the V3 style N3-R bumper from APTech. I got one from them recently and the fitment was 95%. The bumper does not require any additional pieces (i.e. extension panel) to install. It's made from polyurethane so if flexibility is what you're after, this is the piece for you. And best of all, I got it at a steal price.

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...er-thread.html

There's a couple photos of the final product in the last page. If you'd like more pictures feel free to PM me
The following 2 users liked this post by dSpaceman:
APTech (07-21-2016), Extreme Dimensions (07-21-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 06:59 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
^ I believe that many body shops exaggerate the extent of fitment issues as an excuse to charge their customers more money. Many people come back reporting having to spend XXXX additional amount of money on top to make it fit when it wasn't so bad to begin with.
I don't think a truer statement has been made.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:23 AM
APTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by dSpaceman
If you're still on the fence, may I suggest getting the V3 style N3-R bumper from APTech. I got one from them recently and the fitment was 95%. The bumper does not require any additional pieces (i.e. extension panel) to install. It's made from polyurethane so if flexibility is what you're after, this is the piece for you. And best of all, I got it at a steal price.

There's a couple photos of the final product in the last page. If you'd like more pictures feel free to PM me

Dry fit pics:

Finished install pics:

And our durability test:

Try doing THAT to a fiberglass bumper
Old 07-21-2016, 07:27 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dSpaceman
I've never done business with ED and so I can't comment on their products. However, I do agree with their excellent customer service. Whether their products are good fitment or not is debatable, but they do seem to stand behind their product. Just make sure to purchase from them directly so that in the event your product is defected, they can work with you.

We appreciate that feedback! I will never claim to be perfect like Nismo, I can only aspire to be better. If you are a 350z member, always go direct. My parts are hand laid fiberglass and if you have the money then I would go full Nismo as well. If you're looking to get the maximum bang for your buck and have a shop that is experienced with FRP, then installation is a breeze. Don't get taken for a ride though, many shops who cannot work on my parts properly will quote low & jack up the price really high only to install the parts with a sub par finish.

If you need any help with what to expect in installation, give me a call & I can walk you through it. It's easier to go into a body shop knowing the details of whats involved to get the better install price. That is what comes from purchasing direct.

Thank you everyone. Just know the V1 V2 & V3 is only $285 shipped inside the entire continental united states. Better ship rates are available, so hit me up to see if we can get a better price!

Paul "TooTall" Martin
714-278-8000 ext. 17
paulm@extremedimensions.com
"Don't forget to mention you're from My350z"
Old 07-21-2016, 07:34 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

And of course, fit & finish for our Duraflex N2 & N3 front bumper cover. .

Old 07-22-2016, 02:24 PM
HCO_surfer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ED is ****. I've owned their kits for other cars and can say fitment is always an issue. It was so far off on the side skirts I scraped them and bought OEM ones.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:04 AM
Dekker001

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My father in law and I put the V2 on, and I was quite happy with it. They have great customer service, and the pricing was right. The Zspeed undershroud made the installation easier, and helps stiffen up all the lower conections.
The following users liked this post:
Extreme Dimensions (07-25-2016)