KW V3 Woes

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 05:56 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomek350Z

Just to clarify, you are saying that as the perch goes up (blue arrow) the vehicle is lowered, as opposed to the loosening the perch downwards (red arrow) to raise the vehicle?
I was referring to the rear suspension; not the front.
Attached Thumbnails KW V3 Woes-kw20install20pics20007.jpg  
Old 09-25-2016, 10:38 PM
MB037

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it is a bit late for a resolution, but I managed to get things sorted out. After some talking with the PO in Japan (with some terrible Google Translations ), it was confirmed to be on lowered springs, as that was the only way he could get the ride/look he wanted. I had already been thinking it was cut or lowered springs.
Stock springs at the front.

Ordered some new stock height rears from KW Germany, got them in and things are much much better. Even with the stupid wide wheels, it can now work well around the mountains. 2 weeks later, it has settled down a bit and I'll be getting the final tweak and alignment.

Is there any set limit to how many threads should be engaged on the spring adjusters at the rear? My mind is telling me it should be as many threads as possible, but I would just like to lift it a tiny bit more to get rid of the last bit of rub (combined with camber tweaks).