Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Newbie question for value of my Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Crossfit23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie question for value of my Z

Hi there guys this is my first post and I was just hoping to get some knowledgeable opinions before I do anything dumb. A guy I met at the grocery store saw my car and really liked it and was impressed that it was a track edition, and he knew how rare they were. I was wondering if you guys could give me some ballpark estimates of how much I should try and sell it for. I honestly wasn't looking to sell considering I have it paid off but he seemed really interested and if the price is right then I'd be willing to sell. My car is a 2003 black 350z track edition with the only aftermarket peace being the Miami exhaust. It has 93,000 miles on it. I do have some rock chips on the front fender and on the back left panel, the paint is fading quite a bit (area the size of a basketball), looks like a wax job gone wrong. Other than that it's in the condition of any 14 year old car. It also has the dvd and Gps screen. I don't trust Kelly blue book when it comes to sports cars (especially track edition) so I wanted your opinion. I sold my old Honda S2000 for 11 grand when Kelly blue book said it was worth 9 so I know it takes the right buyer and just don't want to lose out. What number do you think I should give this guy for my asking price as he seems very interested. Thanks so much and I genuinely and honestly appreciate any of your time to make a response!
Old 12-03-2016, 09:18 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Best thing to do is look at what they are selling for in your local market
Old 12-04-2016, 06:19 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

You can also get ballpark figures by going to sites such as kbb.com or Edmunds. Both take into consideration local pricing.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:14 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey, welcome to the forum. Shame you're thinking of selling your Z. Pricing a car with no photo's and just a written description is not the easiest thing to do and I'd go along with what dkmura and terrasmak say. Look at all of the dealers, local free papers, KBB and every advert you can find based around your car.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:01 PM
rearranged

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Are track editions that rare?
Old 12-05-2016, 04:26 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Best thing to do is look at what they are selling for in your local market
but that makes too much sense
Old 12-05-2016, 06:13 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by rearranged
Are track editions that rare?
Early Z33 track models were the most expensive option of the five (base, enthusiast, performance, touring and track) and lacked some of the creature comforts (leather, BOSE and a few other details) of the touring model. They appealed to the hardcore performance customers and were not produced in large numbers.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:42 PM
ZmanIsCool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look here, too

Use KBB and Edmunds, but there's also Cars.com and CarGurus.com. They usually have better cars and better prices and a very long reach.

Also, if you have a CarMax near you, you can mosey in and they'll give you a firm offer that's good for 7 days. Use that as your low ball price.

I sold my mom's very nice, low mileage Toyota convertible to someone in Chicago using CarGurus.com in about a week. They drove all the way to Cincinnati with cash to pick it up! 5 to 6 hours each way with a friend with him to drive the other car back.

All it took was that firm offer, add a reasonable amount, then offer it up for that price. Lots of pictures, with pix of the dings and crappy places on it, and the buyer is fully informed. With the CarMax firm offer, plus others you get, you can keep folks from low-balling you at the get-go.

Good luck!

Z

PS: I flew to Texas to buy a 1996 300ZX 2+2 and drove it all the way back to Ohio.

Cash only or a cashiers check at their bank! Don't fall for those that want to pay you in some other way and they arrange shipment. Those are scams that steal both your money and your car! I've found several of the same car being sold in from several different places on different websites. Be careful.

Last edited by ZmanIsCool; 12-06-2016 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Missed something